Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #16
aprincessatlast
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes99 View Post
I use www.cruisefish.net to check prices. I agree with the other posters that you might not see GT rates..
The 5/27 and 6/3 cruises out of Vancouver have 11C in GREEN for $999...
So according to this site, the ship is 58% full or available for the dates I am looking at. So either way it is roughly 50% full. In fact the majority of them are at about 50%.

I am becoming OCD on this whole GT rate wondering if I should hold out or book. If last years GT rates are any indication there would be some big savings if we waited.

Does anyone remember about how far in advance they came out with these rates?
aprincessatlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #17
aprincessatlast
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes99 View Post
I use www.cruisefish.net to check prices. I agree with the other posters that you might not see GT rates..
The 5/27 and 6/3 cruises out of Vancouver have 11C in GREEN for $999...
So according to this site, the ship is 58% full or available for the dates I am looking at. So either way it is roughly 50% full. In fact the majority of them are at about 50%.

I am becoming OCD on this whole GT rate wondering if I should hold out or book. If last years GT rates are any indication there would be some big savings if we waited.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #18
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprincessatlast

That number means that 58% of the categories have at least 1 cabin available for booking.

*GT rates tend to come out after the paid in full date. Doesn't seem like there will be any for Alaska this year. Some paid in full dates have passed already.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #19
aprincessatlast
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
That number means that 58% of the categories have at least 1 cabin available for booking.

*GT rates tend to come out after the paid in full date. Doesn't seem like there will be any for Alaska this year. Some paid in full dates have passed already.
Thanks
So is the PIF date 120 days for Alaska this year or 75? If it is 120 half of the season PIF dates have passed.

A pp mentioned they think Disney is waiting until the entire seasons PIF dates pass befor the GT rates come out. HMM... sounds like I should wait. LOL

How likely is it that Disney bumps up those who have PIF if GT rates come out?
Old 03-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #20
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprincessatlast

Thanks
So is the PIF date 120 days for Alaska this year or 75? If it is 120 half of the season PIF dates have passed.

A pp mentioned they think Disney is waiting until the entire seasons PIF dates pass befor the GT rates come out. HMM... sounds like I should wait. LOL

How likely is it that Disney bumps up those who have PIF if GT rates come out?
Alaska PIF is usually 120 days (4 mos). At least mine is. They only offer *GT rates if they need to fill the ship for that sail date. This usually happens on less popular cruises. The Vancouver Alaska cruises seem popular. You can wait but if you really want to go I'd book. May and early June are less popular times of the year. If they were going to offer *GT rates they probably would have already. The PIF dates have passed for those. I don't think it's going to happen for July or Aug as those are more popular times to go.

Last edited by luv2sleep; 03-25-2013 at 08:25 PM.
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #21
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Oh and they don't necessarily bump ppl when they make assignments. It's actually not a common thing.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #22
Thnlk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyjax View Post
So when you say last minute are you talking a month out? A week? Was that for 2? Cause that is crazy good for Disney!
We booked 5 to 6 weeks out.

Disneyland Tokyo 1990
Disneyland California 2009
Disney Wester Caribbean Cruise 2011/2013/2015
Disney World 2011 / 2012 / 2014
Disney Eastern Carribean Cruise 2012
Disney Alaskian Cruise 2012
Disney California Coast Cruise 2014
Disney Panama Canal repo 2014
Thnlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:35 AM   #23
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
Alaska PIF is usually 120 days (4 mos). At least mine is. They only offer *GT rates if they need to fill the ship for that sail date. This usually happens on less popular cruises. The Vancouver Alaska cruises seem popular. You can wait but if you really want to go I'd book. May and early June are less popular times of the year. If they were going to offer *GT rates they probably would have already. The PIF dates have passed for those. I don't think it's going to happen for July or Aug as those are more popular times to go.
I'm thinking they're coming at least for my cruise (6/3/13). Special rates for Canadians, CM's, and TA's came out for it last week. So while it's later than I'd expect, I think the discounts are coming. Almost all categories still have some availability.
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #24
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Little Pixie

I'm thinking they're coming at least for my cruise (6/3/13). Special rates for Canadians, CM's, and TA's came out for it last week. So while it's later than I'd expect, I think the discounts are coming. Almost all categories still have some availability.
That's great to hear!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:47 AM   #25
deanimal
DIS Veteran

I looked at the May and June discounted rates for Canadians even though there was no way we could do it. For two adults, two kids it came to $3500 inside, $3800 outside. I forgot to check veranda rates. Hopefully if they're starting to offer discounts there will be at least some GTY offers.
deanimal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: