Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
pixeemom
DIS Veteran
 
pixeemom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 691

Question don't know where to go :(

Hi, I hope no on minds me posting this but I don't know where to turn right now.
My 8 yr old was diagnosed with
Premature Adrenarche is defined as the development of pubic hair and/or axillary hair prior to 8 years of age in girls and prior to 9 years of age in boys. The most common cause of premature pubarche is premature adrenal maturation (adrenarche) with earlier than normal elevations in DHEAS secretion. Premature pubarche can also be due to other etiologies such as congenital adrenal hyperplasia or other hormone imbalances.



I am trying to find a support group and I am having no luck, I have to bring her back to the endocrinologist in April but I might have to call sooner though because her appetite is out of control, and i know one of the downfalls of this condition is diabetes, she has a brother that is 15 months older then her he as ad/hd and is growth is slower because of the meds, she is now taller then him and he is upset over this.



Anyway I just needed to get this out, hoping someone out there might know what I am going through. Thank you!

__________________
pixeemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
rewardsinlife
Mouseketeer
 
rewardsinlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 255

Well as far as your son goes...just explain that every Body is different and we all grow and different rates. Maybe refer back to before he had meds and ask him how he felt during that time before meds slowed his growth a bit. Then say that is what your sister is going through, so until we work on getting the right meds for her...she is going to be growing and needing our support.

I would definitely call the endo if you feel your daughter is at risk of developing diabetes from her appetite. Also, you can try to help her eating habits by having more fruits and vegetables in the house rather than sweets and other 'empty' calories. Also, maybe ask her to keep a log of the foods she eats and then write how she felt after them. ( I.E. ate a big bag of chips....still hungry. Ate sliced apples with peanut butter....full for the next 2 hrs...etc.)

I did find a support group, though I don't know if it is exactly your situation. It is a support group on early puberty in adolescents. Here is the link: http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Preco.../support-group

Hope some of this has helped!
__________________
If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme, when you wish upon a star your dreams come true!


me on the way to DL...every time!
rewardsinlife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 19,083
DISboards Moderator



This is the first I have heard of this.. Maybe try Rewards site she found?

I do have A LOT of experience with the growth area. My daughter sees an endo and we are about 3 months away from Human Growth. I also took this, 35 plus years ago. My son is 17 and 6 feet, my daughter almost 14, and 4'8 or so... She hasn't hit puberty, and is taking it pretty darn hard. We also see counseling at the Children's hospital..

Sending you lots of good thoughts and hugs
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
pixeemom
DIS Veteran
 
pixeemom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 691

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewardsinlife View Post
Well as far as your son goes...just explain that every Body is different and we all grow and different rates. Maybe refer back to before he had meds and ask him how he felt during that time before meds slowed his growth a bit. Then say that is what your sister is going through, so until we work on getting the right meds for her...she is going to be growing and needing our support.

I would definitely call the endo if you feel your daughter is at risk of developing diabetes from her appetite. Also, you can try to help her eating habits by having more fruits and vegetables in the house rather than sweets and other 'empty' calories. Also, maybe ask her to keep a log of the foods she eats and then write how she felt after them. ( I.E. ate a big bag of chips....still hungry. Ate sliced apples with peanut butter....full for the next 2 hrs...etc.)

I did find a support group, though I don't know if it is exactly your situation. It is a support group on early puberty in adolescents. Here is the link: http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Preco.../support-group

Hope some of this has helped!
Thank you very much for helping me find a group, I will def. check it out.
and i def. thought about starting a log book on her foods, esp. when I take her back to the dr. because I know he might ask what she has been eating.
I offer her fruits and she just whines that she wants something else, i try every healthy offer I can give her and sometimes it works and other times it doesn't, just this morning she has a bowl of coco puffs, then 2 pancakes but only ate 1, then about 11ish she wanted her BK whopper i was trying to ask her to hold off a bit but she begged and whined and complained her belly was growling so i caved and let her have it, now its 120pm and she is hungry again
pixeemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #5
pixeemom
DIS Veteran
 
pixeemom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 691

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post


This is the first I have heard of this.. Maybe try Rewards site she found?

I do have A LOT of experience with the growth area. My daughter sees an endo and we are about 3 months away from Human Growth. I also took this, 35 plus years ago. My son is 17 and 6 feet, my daughter almost 14, and 4'8 or so... She hasn't hit puberty, and is taking it pretty darn hard. We also see counseling at the Children's hospital..

Sending you lots of good thoughts and hugs
thank you for the
it means a lot !!!
pixeemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
rewardsinlife
Mouseketeer
 
rewardsinlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeemom View Post
Thank you very much for helping me find a group, I will def. check it out.
and i def. thought about starting a log book on her foods, esp. when I take her back to the dr. because I know he might ask what she has been eating.
I offer her fruits and she just whines that she wants something else, i try every healthy offer I can give her and sometimes it works and other times it doesn't, just this morning she has a bowl of coco puffs, then 2 pancakes but only ate 1, then about 11ish she wanted her BK whopper i was trying to ask her to hold off a bit but she begged and whined and complained her belly was growling so i caved and let her have it, now its 120pm and she is hungry again
Well with those foods she is already around 900 calories . The sodium and sugar are more the problem though. Has she gained weight...or is she just growing? Has she started her period yet? Could be that she is just super hungry either from growing, or from the hormone imbalance( like a lot of people get a week or so before the period. )You might want to get her b12 and other vitamins checked as well as maybe her thyroid if nothing results from the endo appt. wishing you the best!
__________________
If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme, when you wish upon a star your dreams come true!


me on the way to DL...every time!
rewardsinlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #7
pixeemom
DIS Veteran
 
pixeemom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 691

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewardsinlife View Post
Well with those foods she is already around 900 calories . The sodium and sugar are more the problem though. Has she gained weight...or is she just growing? Has she started her period yet? Could be that she is just super hungry either from growing, or from the hormone imbalance( like a lot of people get a week or so before the period. )You might want to get her b12 and other vitamins checked as well as maybe her thyroid if nothing results from the endo appt. wishing you the best!
thank you very much for the input, i really don't know if she gained weight, we don't own a scale in the house, so it could be either or, weight or growing.
and thankfully no not yet she has not started her period.
I will write those things down now this way I can ask the Endo.
I am just hoping its a growth spurt.
pixeemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.