Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #46
jedspad
Mouseketeer

Just thought I would check in, now 6 months out of treatment, doing pretty well. Still have problems with dry mouth, not tasting all food, saliva still not returned to my old normal. Will see ENT in a couple of weeks. Was supposed to have cat scan at the end of April but am waiting until June. We are taking our 3 grandchildren and 3 of their friends to Disney In June. This is a trip I promised them 5 years ago and I so want to do it. So I talked to the radiation oncologist and he agreed that we would wait until we get back to do the scan just in case there is something there. I want to enjoy my trip and either way I am going. He says he doesn't expect to find anything anyway. So I am going to continue to pray for an all clear and enjoy planning our trip.
OCT08 BWV, JAN 09 BWV & VERO, JUN1O BWV,
OCT 11 BWV APRIL 2012 HH DEC 2012 BWV
jedspad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #47
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedspad View Post
Just thought I would check in, now 6 months out of treatment, doing pretty well. Still have problems with dry mouth, not tasting all food, saliva still not returned to my old normal. Will see ENT in a couple of weeks. Was supposed to have cat scan at the end of April but am waiting until June. We are taking our 3 grandchildren and 3 of their friends to Disney In June. This is a trip I promised them 5 years ago and I so want to do it. So I talked to the radiation oncologist and he agreed that we would wait until we get back to do the scan just in case there is something there. I want to enjoy my trip and either way I am going. He says he doesn't expect to find anything anyway. So I am going to continue to pray for an all clear and enjoy planning our trip.
Thank you for the good update!

That trip sounds just amazing! They must be over the moon

Continued prayers, and have a Magical trip
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #48
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Quote:
Glad to hear you are doing well.

A trip to Disney sounds wonderful! It really is good medicine and helps to keep your mind off other things and just enjoy yourself and your family and grandkids. We are going then too after I see the rad. onc. but all my tests are good so far. Praise God!!

I have the dry mouth issues too. I just try to stay hydrated. Make sure to do that at Disney!

I have the saliva problems too but my salivary glands have been fried by the rai radiation. Were yours damaged from the surgery or radiation? I know sometimes you can also get salivary stones. My hosp. ent group now has a dr. on staff who deals with salivary stones and endoscopic salivary stuff.

Hope your ent visit goes well too. Wishing you all the best.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #49
jedspad
Mouseketeer

Thanks every one. The Saliva problem is from the radiation. I am taking salagen for it and it helps, but far from normal still. We are all excited about the trip. I have to tell your too, your quote at the bottom of your signature. "It's nice to be important but more important to be nice", that was a sign that my dad hung on the wall in our lake cottage when I was growing up, and my son loved to read that when he was little. That just brought back some good memories.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:41 AM   #50
mommasita

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thanks every one. The Saliva problem is from the radiation. I am taking salagen for it and it helps, but far from normal still. We are all excited about the trip. I have to tell your too, your quote at the bottom of your signature. "It's nice to be important but more important to be nice", that was a sign that my dad hung on the wall in our lake cottage when I was growing up, and my son loved to read that when he was little. That just brought back some good memories.
Awww. That is the second time and it was quite recent too, that someone mentioned that, and it was a lovely sign for them. I hope it is for you as well..XO

I try to live my this.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #51
MomiTo2SwtGuys
DIS Veteran

Great news that you are feeling well. Hoping your scans in June return all clear. And I hope your trip is amazing!

MomiTo2SwtGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:08 AM   #52
jedspad
Mouseketeer

A little update!

Went to see my ENT on Thursday and he scoped my nose and throat and said everything looks clear!! Made my husband and me feel better about waiting for the scan until June. So now just looking forward to our trip and building memories!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #53
disneynuts777
I have never had this done
I have the toppers in my bedroom

That is amazing news.
Have a fantasic trip.
DH goes for his 6 month check up in a couple of weeks.
Keeping my fingers crossed for good news as well.

13 of us returning for some more magic!!
July 14th-21st 2013
disneynuts777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #54
mommasita

DISboards Moderator

Great news

going out to you as well disneynuts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: