Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #376
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

If a Christmas party ends up happening inside Disneyland this year -- and we're still waiting to find out the status on that -- depending on which nights it is held it could possibly affect Fantasmic schedules in December (when Kathy is going).

So the dessert packages for whichever nights Fantasmic would be happening in December may book up even faster than usual, if that's possible, because it may be on a limited schedule. It will be interesting to see what happens!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12

Last edited by Sherry E; 03-24-2013 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Typo!
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #377
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
If a Christmas party ends up happening inside Disneyland this year -- and we're still waiting to find out that status on that -- depending on which nights it is held it could possibly affect Fantasmic schedules in December (when Kathy is going).

So the dessert packages for whichever nights Fantasmic would be happening in December may book up even faster than usual, if that's possible, because it may be on a limited schedule. It will be interesting to see what happens!
Limited schedules do make it even harder to get those seats.....but you have some time before you have to worry about it. Hopefully Disneyland will be a little better in letting everyone know their plan a head of time.....and not like this last year.
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #378
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Limited schedules do make it even harder to get those seats.....but you have some time before you have to worry about it. Hopefully Disneyland will be a little better in letting everyone know their plan a head of time.....and not like this last year.
You are not kidding about that! Disneyland Resort is always really bad about announcing details of events and letting people begin to plan well in advance. As much as it seems like DLR is trying to emulate WDW in how certain things are done, they can't seem to get on board with letting people know specific information really early like WDW does! If they could announce things much earlier in the year, more folks would be enticed to come out for a visit (not that DLR is hurting for visitors, but you know what I mean - presumably, they want more business all the time)!

Last year the Parks Blog told us in August that the Candlelight Ceremony would have a 20-night run, but we didn't find out how to try to enter the AP lottery, who the narrators were or any other specifics on the event until much later, like in October/November. All of those details should have been ready in August, when the Blog was posted.

How are people coming from other countries or states that are on the opposite side of the U.S. supposed to be able to plan out their schedules in advance (in a stress-free way) when they don't find out concrete details until such a short time before the season begins? It's crazy. I think that DLR is still stuck in the mindset of being a park for locals that doesn't require much planning, and yet they are trying to do more things like WDW does them.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Old 03-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #379
DizNee Luver

I agree 100% Sherry......it drives me nuts not being able to plan anything until 6 weeks prior. I'm not sure why they feel they need to keep schedules/plans under wraps, like it's national security stuff.
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

Old 03-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #380
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

Quote:
How are people coming from other countries or states that are on the opposite side of the U.S. supposed to be able to plan out their schedules in advance (in a stress-free way) when they don't find out concrete details until such a short time before the season begins? It's crazy. I think that DLR is still stuck in the mindset of being a park for locals that doesn't require much planning, and yet they are trying to do more things like WDW does them.
I couldn't agree more. I believe there are a lot of things Disneyland does better than Disney World, but advanced notice for special events (and everything else) is NOT one of them. If they want to turn the park into a "vacation destination" it is hard to sell that to people with the current lack of information out there. like park hours online only about 6 weeks in advance.

For example, Knotts Berry Farm has their hours posted through the end of August. Magic Mountain and Universal Studios have park hours through the end of 2013. Disneyland -- May 5. Not even to Memorial Day. I'd rather see a conservative set of park hours posted 4-6 months ahead and then go back a few weeks before and add hours if their number-crunching warrants it, like they do at WDW.

Sorry for hijacking!

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #381
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
I couldn't agree more. I believe there are a lot of things Disneyland does better than Disney World, but advanced notice for special events (and everything else) is NOT one of them. If they want to turn the park into a "vacation destination" it is hard to sell that to people with the current lack of information out there. like park hours online only about 6 weeks in advance.

For example, Knotts Berry Farm has their hours posted through the end of August. Magic Mountain and Universal Studios have park hours through the end of 2013. Disneyland -- May 5. Not even to Memorial Day. I'd rather see a conservative set of park hours posted 4-6 months ahead and then go back a few weeks before and add hours if their number-crunching warrants it, like they do at WDW.

Sorry for hijacking!

PHXscuba
No problem......I've always been annoyed on their top secret schedules.....

Old 03-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #382
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

I love the party!! I'll be 18 soon and I like Cars. Everything looked good

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, ?/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14
DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #383
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
I love the party!! I'll be 18 soon and I like Cars. Everything looked good
Have you been to new CarsLand yet Kaitlin?? It's really amazing!!

Old 03-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #384
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You are not kidding about that! Disneyland Resort is always really bad about announcing details of events and letting people begin to plan well in advance. As much as it seems like DLR is trying to emulate WDW in how certain things are done, they can't seem to get on board with letting people know specific information really early like WDW does! If they could announce things much earlier in the year, more folks would be enticed to come out for a visit (not that DLR is hurting for visitors, but you know what I mean - presumably, they want more business all the time)!

Last year the Parks Blog told us in August that the Candlelight Ceremony would have a 20-night run, but we didn't find out how to try to enter the AP lottery, who the narrators were or any other specifics on the event until much later, like in October/November. All of those details should have been ready in August, when the Blog was posted.

Well I will say that the Candlelight Processional is very organized at Epcot....and it's free with park entrance unless you consider the fact that getting a seat is next to impossible without having the Candlelight Processional Dining package. It is a good thing, and you have a seat! And it's performed 3 times an evening! It was one of my favorite things last December, and having the free dining during our visit helped immensely. I do hope I can see it at Disneyland this December. I'm a big planner, isn't that a requirement here on the DIS? Lol
Old 03-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #385
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Well I will say that the Candlelight Processional is very organized at Epcot....and it's free with park entrance unless you consider the fact that getting a seat is next to impossible without having the Candlelight Processional Dining package. It is a good thing, and you have a seat! And it's performed 3 times an evening! It was one of my favorite things last December, and having the free dining during our visit helped immensely. I do hope I can see it at Disneyland this December. I'm a big planner, isn't that a requirement here on the DIS? Lol
Kathy -

Yes, it is! I think that the planning is at least half of the fun for most folks. Also, I am fairly sure that Team Disney Anaheim probably maps out its schedule for the major seasonal dates and events at DLR early in the year. I'm not sure why they can't just release the info early. Like PHXscuba was saying above, the other SoCal parks release their info. Disneyland keeps things secret.

I don't know if the Candlelight Ceremony is going to be held in the same way, in the same location, as it was last year - the DLR version has a 50+ year history in the Town Square setting, and it would be a shame to see it relocate - but if Disney doesn't make any major changes to the schedule, seating set-up or the venue, I'm going to do the same thing I did when I got seats 2 nights in a row last year. I'm going to walk up to the same exact spot at around the same time, and wait for the Cast Members to let people in to the seats that are not filled!

Anyway, back to Laurie's TR!

Laurie - Are you still struggling with pesky Photobucket? Is that the reason for the delay in more installments? Everything is taking more time to accomplish on their site now, so I can see how it would put a big dent in the progress!

Old 03-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #386
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Quote:
Have you been to new CarsLand yet Kaitlin?? It's really amazing!!
Yes I have. It's really cool!! However, with the GAC, they will make you wait for Radiator Springs Racers.

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, ?/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14
DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #387
DizNee Luver

Quote:
When we originally planned our family trip, we were going to go to WDW & the Candlelight Processional was something we had planned on doing there. In fact we had dining reservations.......

Quote:
Laurie - Are you still struggling with pesky Photobucket? Is that the reason for the delay in more installments? Everything is taking more time to accomplish on their site now, so I can see how it would put a big dent in the progress!
A couple reasons for the delay~~~~ 1. I needed Nick's pics from Day 4 (which I have now & need to organize them into mine) and 2. my entire house is in total chaos........the kids are in need of counseling help and while I wait for that to happen.....I may need to be admitted somewhere.....my nerves are shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Yes I have. It's really cool!! However, with the GAC, they will make you wait for Radiator Springs Racers.
I like the way they do the GAC on Radiator Springs Racers. I like being given a time to come back......I think that works well. Wait times were considerably shorter then they would have been in the standby line.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 AM   #388
DnA2010
Mouseketeer

Oh Laurie, I am sorry that you are having a rough time right now, thinking of you, keep us updated and talk to us on here if it helps o.k?

Wowzas!! DL Feb 2011 and then Orlando for 1st trip to WDW and Harry in March 2011...now back to work to save for our next trip!
DnA2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:47 AM   #389
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:

When we originally planned our family trip, we were going to go to WDW & the Candlelight Processional was something we had planned on doing there. In fact we had dining reservations.......

A couple reasons for the delay~~~~ 1. I needed Nick's pics from Day 4 (which I have now & need to organize them into mine) and 2. my entire house is in total chaos........the kids are in need of counseling help and while I wait for that to happen.....I may need to be admitted somewhere.....my nerves are shot.

I like the way they do the GAC on Radiator Springs Racers. I like being given a time to come back......I think that works
Put this TR on the back burner until you can regroup! As much as I enjoy reading your reports, I prefer a relaxed mama! You have a lot on your plate right now, we can wait and you should know that we will do so while supporting you!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #390
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DnA2010 View Post
Oh Laurie, I am sorry that you are having a rough time right now, thinking of you, keep us updated and talk to us on here if it helps o.k?
Quote:
Put this TR on the back burner until you can regroup! As much as I enjoy reading your reports, I prefer a relaxed mama! You have a lot on your plate right now, we can wait and you should know that we will do so while supporting you!
Thank you both!!

I'm stressed beyond belief. We were having issues with Anthony and finally have an assessment for his Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) tomorrow. I've been doing a lot of reading up on this diagnosis and it's heartbreaking. If you want an overview of this, go to attachment.org and read the letter to a teacher. I was physically ill when I was done. I'm hoping that Anthony will get the help he needs and it won't get as bad as this "illness" can turn into. I joined a support group on Facebook, but I think I'll drop it. I can't believe how cold and calloused some of these moms have gotten. I don't care how bad things are.....the bottom line is~~these are your kids and they need our love more than ever.

So Anthony has calmed down over the last week and Addy has amped up. She either has RAD or is bi-polar. I've never seen a sweet child turn so ugly and mean in a blink of the eye. So we're working on her meds and I'm going to talk with the counselor tomorrow about getting her into counseling as well.

We really noticed a change in both kids when Addy's bio-mom and half-sister got reintroduced into our lives last September. Now mom & sis have moved away again.....so I'm sure Addy is dealing with a loss.....again.

Now add that my 2 grown boys are at their limits of tolerance and their yelling and physically being bigger.....has just made things 500x harder and more stressful for me.

Michayla is head banging again.....and I'm sure it's her anxiety that is causing this. Thank goodness, Shy seems to be pretty much oblivious to what's been going on around her.

So that is what's been going on in my little world. It's spring break and Mike & I have a ton of Elk's stuff going on this week....which means we have to leave the kids in the older boys care.....so this just adds to my anxiety.....not knowing what's going on at home.

I now have Nick's day 4 pics......so I will try and add something today on the report.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: