Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
mommy2allyandaveri
Disney or otherwise. Sucks
I will NEVER NEVER NEVER go on that ride again!

Dolphin/sting ray tour Grand Caymen

Has anyone done this tour with either Fat Fish Adventures or Native Way? Both get wonderful reviews on tripadvisor. We are on the Fantasy early next year.

mommy2allyandaveri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:39 AM   #2
nurse2011
Earning My Ears

We did the sting ray city snorkeling wave runner tour with fat fish & it was amazing. It was definitely one of our favorite parts of our cruise. They were also very accommodating when we came into grand cayman a day late due a medical emergency. I left a review on trip advisor with pictures. I would definitely recommend far fish!
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
mommy2allyandaveri
Disney or otherwise. Sucks
I will NEVER NEVER NEVER go on that ride again!

Thank you! Do you recall how many were on your tour? I'm thinking the fewer people the better.

mommy2allyandaveri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
lexandme
DIS Veteran

Please reconsider doing another excursion. The horrors of the captive dolphin industry are heartbreaking. If people were only aware of how these dolphins are obtained for our entertainment I’m sure it would not be as lucrative as it is. Watch the academy award willing film "The Cove" or go to seashepherd.com for more information. The young dolphins are chosen for their beauty and ripped from their families. The older dolphins are slaughtered, tied by their tails to the killers’ boats and stabbed in the spine, for their meat. If there are any survivors they must swim in the bloody waters of their family members. All for our amusement.
Dolphins are very large wild animals. When in captivity they can and do become neurotic. I would not put myself or God forbid, my children in a tank with several wild 600 pound animals that may have questionable temperaments. The smile is deceiving, they are not happy! Dolphin attacks in this type of setting are more common than you think. You can view these videos on youtube.
If you visit a dolphinarium, swim with captive dolphins, go to places like Sea World, do you actually realize that you are funding the dolphin trade in places like Taiji,Japan? Please do not support any facility be it hotels in Vegas, Sea World or Swim With Dolphin facilities that promote this cruelty.... Please teach your children compassion.
lexandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
nurse2011
Earning My Ears

The tour we went on did not include a dolphin encounter. We went to sting ray city, a snorkeling spot & to star fish point. Far Fish is very conscientious about the environment and the precious animals. Our guide (Ryan) was very knowledgable about the different sea life. Also he was very helpful taking close up underwater photos of the fish, and also photos of us throughout every leg of the tour. We had 6 people total in our group. One family with 2 daughters & my husband & me. It was a very personal feeling tour, and I really did feel sorry for the large cruise ship excursion boats of 100(s) of people that went to sting ray city. It was an absolutely fabulous excursion!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
csidisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse2011 View Post
The tour we went on did not include a dolphin encounter. We went to sting ray city, a snorkeling spot & to star fish point. Far Fish is very conscientious about the environment and the precious animals. Our guide (Ryan) was very knowledgable about the different sea life. Also he was very helpful taking close up underwater photos of the fish, and also photos of us throughout every leg of the tour. We had 6 people total in our group. One family with 2 daughters & my husband & me. It was a very personal feeling tour, and I really did feel sorry for the large cruise ship excursion boats of 100(s) of people that went to sting ray city. It was an absolutely fabulous excursion!
Sounds fabulous! I am interested in this for next year. Do you mind sharing the cost? I don't see it on their website.
Disney Fantasy - Eastern Carribean 7 nights March 2013
Disney Wonder B2B - 5 night western Caribbean and 4 night Bahamas/Key West - March 2014
csidisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #7
nurse2011
Earning My Ears

It is $125 for 1 person on a jet ski. $175 for 2 people on 1 jet ski. I think it is $200 for 2 adults/1 child on 1 jet ski. I personally think the 3 people on 1 jet ski wouldn't be that enjoyable though.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
csidisney
Mouseketeer

Thank you! Sounds great!
Disney Fantasy - Eastern Carribean 7 nights March 2013
Disney Wonder B2B - 5 night western Caribbean and 4 night Bahamas/Key West - March 2014
csidisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: