Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #3016
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran
 
nyrebecca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hurley, NY
Posts: 711

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I think you made a wise choice! As much as I LOVED LOVED LOVED WL CL, a standard room is just way to small for our family. I fell in love with the grounds of the villas. My boys stopped to play a game of checkers in one of the sitting areas off the lobby. I could have sat there relaxing all day!

Since the Deluxe CL rooms at WL are never discounted, they're out of my price range. We will go with a 1BR at VWL next time for the space - and beautiful setting.

That's not to say I won't be back to WL with the ladies!
I think we made a good move in switching to the Villas. We also LOVE WL CL, but the rooms are just too small at this point for us.

We are only a family of 3 (my mother, my son, and I), but my son needs a lot of space. He is getting taller by the second I think, and his Autism gives him little quirks like spinning, flapping hands, and especially pacing. The extra square footage will save my mother and I from getting run over!

I am also getting very excited with the prospect of bringing home no dirty laundry and doing it all there before we leave!

Will definitely have to find the sitting area with checkers, thanks for the idea!
__________________
Me and DS 15 and my Mom


nyrebecca is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #3017
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,101

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
I think we made a good move in switching to the Villas. We also LOVE WL CL, but the rooms are just too small at this point for us.

We are only a family of 3 (my mother, my son, and I), but my son needs a lot of space. He is getting taller by the second I think, and his Autism gives him little quirks like spinning, flapping hands, and especially pacing. The extra square footage will save my mother and I from getting run over!

I am also getting very excited with the prospect of bringing home no dirty laundry and doing it all there before we leave!

Will definitely have to find the sitting area with checkers, thanks for the idea!
The area with the checkers table is to the right when you walk in the main doors. There's a HUGE area for loungnig & relaxing, a beautiful fireplace with several sitting areas. We were there for 45 min. & not one other person came in that area. Total peace & quiet!









__________________



Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #3018
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,669

Do the Villas 1 bedroom have a two queen option in the bedroom?
__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #3019
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,101

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Do the Villas 1 bedroom have a two queen option in the bedroom?
I'm not aware of any DVC villas with 2 queens in a 1-BR master, they all have a king in the master. Are there any? Anyone?
__________________



Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #3020
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 4,118

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Do the Villas 1 bedroom have a two queen option in the bedroom?
The one bedroom villa has a king in the master and a queen sofa sleeper in the living room. it sleeps four.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I'm not aware of any DVC villas with 2 queens in a 1-BR master, they all have a king in the master. Are there any? Anyone?
As far as I know, all the one bedroom villas have a king bed in the master bedroom. I think that OKW and AKV have a sleeper chair along with the queen sofa sleeper in the LR and sleeps five.

I did notice that the 2 bedroom villa at VWL has two queen beds in the second bedroom. At least that is what they are showing on the website. Isn't that new?
__________________
~ Sue





Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 03-24-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Wood Nymph is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #3021
Sophie's Mom
Wishing I was at Disney!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 142

I did notice that the 2 bedroom villa at VWL has two queen beds in the second bedroom. At least that is what they are showing on the website. Isn't that new?[/QUOTE]

In the dedicated two-bedroom only. I believe there is a queen bed and a queen sofa bed in the two bedroom lock offs - at least the last time I stayed in a lock off.
__________________
Trips to WDW - 71 To date 72 in May 2014, 73 in June 2014 and 74 in December 2014
Sophie's Mom is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #3022
osugal
Mouseketeer
 
osugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 374

Do they ever do discounts on the standard CL rooms?
osugal is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #3023
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 4,118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie's Mom View Post
In the dedicated two-bedroom only. I believe there is a queen bed and a queen sofa bed in the two bedroom lock offs - at least the last time I stayed in a lock off.
Is a lock off the same thing as a deluxe studio?
__________________
~ Sue





Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #3024
Disbug
WL Vet
Has recommendations from very important people!
I believe in finding enchantment wherever it may be found!
Has a couple of princesses of her own!
 
Disbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Disney ~ South of Hockeytown
Posts: 2,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Is a lock off the same thing as a deluxe studio?
A lock-off just means it is a connecting room. There will be a 1-bedroom next to a deluxe studio and they are both "locked-off" from each other by an internal door. You unlock both of the internal doors when you reserve them together to make a 2 bedroom villa. Conversely, a "dedicated" villa means it is separate from the rooms to either side. Those villas cannot be combined to make a larger accommodation.
__________________

Last edited by Disbug; 03-24-2013 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Add more info...
Disbug is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 11:43 PM   #3025
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran
 
LovinPooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,284

Is there a photopass station here?
I have finally convinced dh to stray from akl to wl for our trip next february.
I m thinkn a courtyard view close to roaring forks with an open balcony. Does that sound ok for a room request or should i reword that when the time comes?
I m really excited bout how close it is to mk.
LovinPooh is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #3026
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer
 
RedfromNL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vianen, Netherlands
Posts: 380

Just one month left.........

It refuses to become spring here, it's still just cold, cold, cold. I need something cheerfull to think about so come here
RedfromNL is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 05:40 AM   #3027
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,101

Quote:
Originally Posted by osugal View Post
Do they ever do discounts on the standard CL rooms?
Yes, we just stayed standard CL on a 35% off AP discount! The Deluxe CL rooms do not have a discount.

Above is correct that dedicated 2BR have 2 queens in the 2nd BR, lockoffs have 1 queen & 1 sofabed in the lock-off 2BR. It's like that for every DVC 2BR except OKW, they have 2 queens in all 2BR (because their studios all have 2 queens rather than 1 queen & 1 sofabed).


BLT also has the sleeper chair in a 1BR so sleeps 5 in a 1BR (along with AKV Jambo & Kidani, and OKW).
__________________



Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #3028
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,746

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
Well, we changed our WL reservation. Still going from 11/17 thru 11/23, but instead of CL we are back into a 1 bedroom Villa.

Started thinking of space, money, ect. We are saving money moving back to the 1 bedroom with the AAA rate. Plus now we are going from 340 sq feet to 814 sq ft. Plus a full size kitchen and the washer and dryer.
I updated the log with my big ol' Resort Changers' eraser

I think your switch makes a lot of sense and you'll even be paying less and getting more than twice as much room and the washer/dryer - priceless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I think you made a wise choice! As much as I LOVED LOVED LOVED WL CL, a standard room is just way to small for our family. I fell in love with the grounds of the villas. My boys stopped to play a game of checkers in one of the sitting areas off the lobby. I could have sat there relaxing all day!

Since the Deluxe CL rooms at WL are never discounted, they're out of my price range. We will go with a 1BR at VWL next time for the space - and beautiful setting.

That's not to say I won't be back to WL with the ladies!
STOP! Just STOP I say! You are a mighty bad influence. Just yesterday I booked our summer vacation and BLT wasn't available with our discount so I booked CR, but just hours later I wondered if I should book VWL (or WL). I'm hopeless when it comes to Bay Lake resorts.

We've never stayed in the Villas and after trying BLT last summer, I just loved all the space and washer/dryer. Of course, at BLT you have two bathrooms and VWL just has one and BLT is newer. Have you stayed at both? If so, after staying at BLT were you happy with VWL? I'm just a bit concerned with what some say are 'outdated' rooms with bedspreads that need some updating.

I think it was Deb & Bill who reported in January seeing a two bedroom being gutted, perhaps as a 'model room' for a full VWL rehab. Does anyone have any info. on this or has seen other VWL rooms being recently rehabbed?

I love the Villa lobby. In the early morning when I go to Sturdy Branches there's usually no one there and I love sitting in the inglenook by the fireplace. What am I doing to myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnmooner2013 View Post
Thanks WDWKOOK. Please also feel free to post your thoughts/suggestions in our honeymoon itinerary thread when you get a chance to read it.
I would love to, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
I think we made a good move in switching to the Villas. We also LOVE WL CL, but the rooms are just too small at this point for us.

We are only a family of 3 (my mother, my son, and I), but my son needs a lot of space. He is getting taller by the second I think, and his Autism gives him little quirks like spinning, flapping hands, and especially pacing. The extra square footage will save my mother and I from getting run over!

I am also getting very excited with the prospect of bringing home no dirty laundry and doing it all there before we leave!

Will definitely have to find the sitting area with checkers, thanks for the idea!
I love CL, too and we're only a family of three. Your decision makes a lot of sense and as I recall your son likes to sleep on an Aero bed so there will be more room for that. Once you stay in a suite or a one bedroom villa, it's a bit harder to 'downsize,' you get spoiled by the extra room and washer/dryer. We take longer trips so not having to go once or twice to the laundry, which seems to take about 3 hours of my time with folding, is a real convenience. But here I am saying all this having just booked a CL room

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
The area with the checkers table is to the right when you walk in the main doors. There's a HUGE area for loungnig & relaxing, a beautiful fireplace with several sitting areas. We were there for 45 min. & not one other person came in that area. Total peace & quiet!
Oh, there you go again! LOVE the photos - thank you. And the train, I love the train. Now what to do??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Do the Villas 1 bedroom have a two queen option in the bedroom?
No, only a King.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I'm not aware of any DVC villas with 2 queens in a 1-BR master, they all have a king in the master. Are there any? Anyone?
I don't think so. Deb & Bill would probably know for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
The one bedroom villa has a king in the master and a queen sofa sleeper in the living room. it sleeps four.

As far as I know, all the one bedroom villas have a king bed in the master bedroom. I think that OKW and AKV have a sleeper chair along with the queen sofa sleeper in the LR and sleeps five.

I did notice that the 2 bedroom villa at VWL has two queen beds in the second bedroom. At least that is what they are showing on the website. Isn't that new?


Quote:
Originally Posted by osugal View Post
Do they ever do discounts on the standard CL rooms?
Yes. They have always been included in the military rate of 40% off and other discounts as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinPooh View Post
Is there a photopass station here?
I have finally convinced dh to stray from akl to wl for our trip next february.
I m thinkn a courtyard view close to roaring forks with an open balcony. Does that sound ok for a room request or should i reword that when the time comes?
I m really excited bout how close it is to mk.
I don't recall seeing a PhotoPass kiosk anymore. Was there one by Bell Services years ago? I think they got rid of all of the resort ones, except maybe GF(?) and they are only in the parks now. I'm sketchy on this so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfromNL View Post
Just one month left.........

It refuses to become spring here, it's still just cold, cold, cold. I need something cheerfull to think about so come here
First day of spring break here and it snowed. Here's a SONNY photo to perk you up:



Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Yes, we just stayed standard CL on a 35% off AP discount! The Deluxe CL rooms do not have a discount.

Above is correct that dedicated 2BR have 2 queens in the 2nd BR, lockoffs have 1 queen & 1 sofabed in the lock-off 2BR. It's like that for every DVC 2BR except OKW, they have 2 queens in all 2BR (because their studios all have 2 queens rather than 1 queen & 1 sofabed).


BLT also has the sleeper chair in a 1BR so sleeps 5 in a 1BR (along with AKV Jambo & Kidani, and OKW).
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #3029
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran
 
nyrebecca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hurley, NY
Posts: 711

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
The area with the checkers table is to the right when you walk in the main doors. There's a HUGE area for loungnig & relaxing, a beautiful fireplace with several sitting areas. We were there for 45 min. & not one other person came in that area. Total peace & quiet!
Thank you for the location and the pictures. We will definatley be checking it out !

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I updated the log with my big ol' Resort Changers' eraser

I think your switch makes a lot of sense and you'll even be paying less and getting more than twice as much room and the washer/dryer - priceless!


I love CL, too and we're only a family of three. Your decision makes a lot of sense and as I recall your son likes to sleep on an Aero bed so there will be more room for that. Once you stay in a suite or a one bedroom villa, it's a bit harder to 'downsize,' you get spoiled by the extra room and washer/dryer. We take longer trips so not having to go once or twice to the laundry, which seems to take about 3 hours of my time with folding, is a real convenience. But here I am saying all this having just booked a CL room
You are quite right about the Aero bed. I don't think he would let us go without it. He has a high end one that is like an adjustable bed,so he can inflate it to prop himself up. Makes it easier to demand breakfast in bed!

I have a feeling that after this we wont be going back to CL. The idea of all that room! And as you said, the washer/dryer is priceless.
__________________
Me and DS 15 and my Mom


nyrebecca is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #3030
AngiTN
DIS Veteran
 
AngiTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Signal Mountain, TN
Posts: 982

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinPooh View Post
Is there a photopass station here?
I have finally convinced dh to stray from akl to wl for our trip next february.
I m thinkn a courtyard view close to roaring forks with an open balcony. Does that sound ok for a room request or should i reword that when the time comes?
I m really excited bout how close it is to mk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I don't recall seeing a PhotoPass kiosk anymore. Was there one by Bell Services years ago? I think they got rid of all of the resort ones, except maybe GF(?) and they are only in the parks now. I'm sketchy on this so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
There is not a Photo Services booth in WL. They do have them in a few other Resorts though, in each park and in DTD. I know Poly has one also.
AngiTN is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: