Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
nbaresejr
Mouseketeer

Excited for my upcoming trip!

I am a little over 2 weeks away from returning to WDW. My wife and I will be there from April 9th to 13th. This will be my 2nd trip with a DSLR, i think i learned alot last time and purchased some new equipment.. Below is my gear list for the upcoming trip. If you guys think i need to add something let me know.

Canon t2i
Sigma 17-50 2.8, Sigma 10-20, Canon 70-200L f/4
Canon 430II Flash
Benro Travel Angel Tripod
9 Stop ND Filter, Hoya HD CPL
Crumpler 5 and 6 Million Dollar Home Bags

I also have a canon 50 1.8 that i do not plan on bringing (just dont like the focal length)

If any of you are going to be down there during this time PM me or respond to this thread. Maybe we can meet up to do some nigh shooting.
nbaresejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

If you are intending to shoot the dark rides, you will need another lens. You have the 50 f1.8 that will work but it may be tight for some situations. I have found that a 30-35 mm with a minimum f1.8 works the best. I use the Sigma 30 f1.4. Otherwise, I think you have it covered.
Gianna'sPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
nbaresejr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If you are intending to shoot the dark rides, you will need another lens. You have the 50 f1.8 that will work but it may be tight for some situations. I have found that a 30-35 mm with a minimum f1.8 works the best. I use the Sigma 30 f1.4. Otherwise, I think you have it covered.
That was 1 area I knew was going to be an issue. I wish is jumped on the Sigma 30 when B&H and others were deeply discounting them to get rid of the old stock. I think dark rides are going to have to wait until the next trip.

I really want to try and get some more night time long exposures in this trip. I know i have 1 night where i will be in DHS and have about 2 or 3 hours to myself. I hope to get some good shots that night.

Other then that I am excited this time around to have the 10-20mm because that was one thing i made a note of on my last trip. My old 18-55 kit lens just was not wide enough it alot of situations.
nbaresejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
Daisy14'sDH
DIS Veteran

One thing I regret trying to do EVERY trip is to get those ride pics. Why? Because they are challenging? YES! but so many others have posted them and they dont usually include your family, so why bother? If you want the challenge do it, if not relax and enjoy a dfew mimutes with your children...

Click here to see more from TkO Digital Imaging on Facebook

"Lightbulbs die my dear, I will depart!" As said by Mr. Magorium
Daisy14'sDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
HPS3
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy14'sDH View Post
One thing I regret trying to do EVERY trip is to get those ride pics. Why? Because they are challenging? YES! but so many others have posted them and they dont usually include your family, so why bother? If you want the challenge do it, if not relax and enjoy a dfew mimutes with your children...
I agree totally! I dont bother with ride shots anymore because I would rather enjoy the ride with my family. On one trip I concentrated on ride shots and didnt enjoy the rides.
HPS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPS3 View Post
I agree totally! I dont bother with ride shots anymore because I would rather enjoy the ride with my family. On one trip I concentrated on ride shots and didnt enjoy the rides.
I agree....I never take ride shots anymore.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: