Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #3211
tnd
DIS Veteran

Pulled the trigger!

I just booked a late August trip in the Cars Family Suites (my son's favorite Disney movie). I cannot wait and I am loving this thread. Thanks to everyone who posted pics already. Can't wait to see more!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:38 AM   #3212
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan888 View Post
Hi everyone! We are in AoA right now! We checked in this morning and are so happy and excited as we are celebrating our anniversary We are in the Little Mermaid rooms (my absolute favorite Disney character) so these rooms and overall area are a dream!
We were on our way to AK so we did not do too much exploring, but we went through the shop and noticed they had Lion King and Finding Nemo shower curtains. Does anyone know if their is a Little Mermaid one or if the one in the rooms is available for purchase? The CM I asked was earning her ears and was not sure, so I thought I ask my fellow Disers. Any info would be appreciated! thanks in advance!
[just wanted to say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! and have a great trip!!!

QUOTE=beth4;47889922]Arriving in 6 days!!! How long of a walk is it to Pop and is the walk worth it for a piece of their Tie-Dye Cheesecake that I have heard amazing things about?[/QUOTE]

In august we walked over from the 60's bldg at pop to AOA and it took about 10 minutes. now I don't think ANY walk is worth the tie dye cheesecake, (yuck!), but ... the shrimp lo mein! YUM!

oh! AND the "mom's night out" meals.. fried chicken, turkey, yummy!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #3213
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
Does anyone have any favorite or must try snacks or meals from Landscape of Flavors that they would be willing to suggest?
The Surf and Surf burger is awesome! My 13 year old had the cheesy pesto bread for lunch. It was huge, only a snack credit and he deemed it delicious!

We used our snack credits for muffins and fruit for breakfast for the most part. Delicious, but nothing out of the ordinary.

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ; 5/2015 - WL
Old 03-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #3214
spima3
DIS Veteran

I am very interested in seeing pictures of this resort.

Do I have to go through every page to see some? It's a huge thread.

I did see some on the first page or two, but I was hoping to see some that members have posted as well.

thx,

lori
Old 03-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #3215
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spima3 View Post
I am very interested in seeing pictures of this resort.

Do I have to go through every page to see some? It's a huge thread.

I did see some on the first page or two, but I was hoping to see some that members have posted as well.

thx,

lori
No. Look here.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #3216
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth4 View Post
Arriving in 6 days!!! How long of a walk is it to Pop and is the walk worth it for a piece of their Tie-Dye Cheesecake that I have heard amazing things about?
Love the cheesecake! Took us about 10 minutes from our Little Mermaid room. Enjoy!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #3217
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBabies View Post
Thanks for this info and the pics are great! I really love this one.
Thank you! There was a trail of water art all the way from the Lion King section all the way to Little Mermaid. Some of them were drying out as we were walking, but we could recognize: the castle, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Mickey. It was extra magical!!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #3218
Chavaleh
Mouseketeer

I'm starting to make lists of things we need to buy for our trip in May and I'm wondering about drawer and counter space. When we stayed at the Pop a few years back we had an over the door hanging organizer bag thingie (long since gone) which was a big help. We'll have two girls, 14 & 12 and a five year old boy plus my husband and I. Clothes and stuff was overflowing everywhere at the Pop so I was thinking I might need to buy one of those collapsible hanging closet shelves this time too. For those of you who have been, how has the drawer space worked out for you? There's only so much I can guess at from staring at pictures of the rooms (which I'm doing ALL the time now... hurry up May 11th! Hurry up!!!).
Old 03-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #3219
mulberrybush
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavaleh
I'm starting to make lists of things we need to buy for our trip in May and I'm wondering about drawer and counter space. When we stayed at the Pop a few years back we had an over the door hanging organizer bag thingie (long since gone) which was a big help. We'll have two girls, 14 & 12 and a five year old boy plus my husband and I. Clothes and stuff was overflowing everywhere at the Pop so I was thinking I might need to buy one of those collapsible hanging closet shelves this time too. For those of you who have been, how has the drawer space worked out for you? There's only so much I can guess at from staring at pictures of the rooms (which I'm doing ALL the time now... hurry up May 11th! Hurry up!!!).
Two dressers each with a shallow drawer and three 8"in deep (ish) drawers. One dresser held everything for two adults and one child easily. The counters in the bathroom have a full shelf underneath with plenty of space for girls' primping supplies Limited hanging space.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #3220
stormer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavaleh
One of the best tips I read was to get collapsable hampers from dollar tree. They are great. I bought two for our last trip, one for the kids and one for the adults. Everyone knew to put their clothes in there each night to help keep the room organized. They were a nice size and had handles to carry the clothes to the laundry room if you want to do laundry. They fold flat and take up no room in the suitcase.
October 1994 Port Orleans / Oct. 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / Oct. 1999 Off site / Oct. 2004 Contemporary Resort / Oct. 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / Aug.2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ Oct. 2008 Old Key West / Feb. 2009 Polynesian Resort / Aug. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / Aug. 2010 Bay Lake Tower / Feb. 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / Aug. 2011 Boardwalk Villas / Aug. 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2013 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2013 Boardwalk Villas / Feb. 2014 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2014 Old Key West
Old 03-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #3221
Chavaleh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulberrybush View Post
Two dressers each with a shallow drawer and three 8"in deep (ish) drawers. One dresser held everything for two adults and one child easily. The counters in the bathroom have a full shelf underneath with plenty of space for girls' primping supplies Limited hanging space.
Great! Sounds a lot better than Pop was (for us).

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormer View Post
One of the best tips I read was to get collapsable hampers from dollar tree. They are great. I bought two for our last trip, one for the kids and one for the adults. Everyone knew to put their clothes in there each night to help keep the room organized. They were a nice size and had handles to carry the clothes to the laundry room if you want to do laundry. They fold flat and take up no room in the suitcase.
Yup! We already have one but I'm thinking I should pick up another. It was definitely useful last time.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #3222
Disney2013
Earning My Ears

We just got home from a 10 day stay at AoA. We fell in love with the resort, it was great!!!!!! My DH and I visited WDW 17 years ago, so when we started planning this trip I knew I needed to do ALOT of research because so much had changed. I'm so thankful for all of the posts regarding AoA, it helped me to plan an absolute amazing trip. The things that I was worried about, like the distance from the buses to the rooms, or to refill mugs, not having enough space in our suite for 6 of us-it all turned out fabulous. The walks really were not bad at all, and we had plenty of room with myself, DH, DD18, DS13, DS9 and DS7. Our 2 married daughters and there kids stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms and they loved them!!!!! Also, the buses ran very conveniently as well!!!!! We really have no complaints, and will be planning another stay at AoA!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #3223
mickeyfan0805
Mouseketeer

Do they have life vests available at the pool(s)? If so, are they available at all of the pools or just the main?
Old 03-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #3224
disney-akj
DIS Veteran

Any idea if there is a hair wrap station by the pool? One poster believed there was. Anyone else remember seeing one?
Old 03-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #3225
Marblies
DIS Veteran

I don't recall seeing one. You can walk over to POP for hair wrapping.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: