Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #1081
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean bunny View Post
We just booked a WL club level stay for two nights in May. We've done YC CL several times but this is our first WL stay. What do we need to know? What should I not miss?

Thank you!
OOOH, well WL CL is amazing, first and foremost!

The CM's are great (especially Randy the CL manager), the food offerings are delicious. You can sit in the lounge and see the EWP right out the window (my girls favorite thing to do).

Now, my question to you....because we are checking into YC CL in 25 days for 10 nights.....what should we know??? Any CM's to be on the lookout for???

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 03-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #1082
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

Booked AKL CL 5 nights in May!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #1083
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
Booked AKL CL 5 nights in May!!
Yay! AKL CL is just wonderful -- we love the lounge, the food, the IPO CMs, the sunrise safari, and the amazing espresso machine! Enjoy!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 03-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #1084
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

I had been considering it, then thought we might just roll the dice and see if we could pay to upgrade at check-in but the more I thought about it, I worried it was too risky. Five nights are tough to find still available at check-in and we have two little ones so aren't open to moving rooms mid-stay. I'm glad I took the plunge (and upgraded our tix to hoppers in the same transaction). We hope to make pretty decent use of the lounge because we're all early risers (630-7) and after a leisurely time getting ready and enjoying our balcony, this will be a great way to get a little snack into the kids and let them have a little independence in the kiddie area while we enjoy a cup of coffee and chat about our plans for the day. We aren't park-closers (see: small kids) so hope to be back at the resort to enjoy some of the afternoon or later offerings at least a few days. When we stayed CL at WL in 2011 I couldn't enjoy the wine/beer/cordials (pregnant). Unwinding on the balcony with a glass of wine while the kids decompress with a DVD was enough to make me call today and upgrade! LOL.

ETA: VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION In reading very outdated offerings at the Lounge, I saw some magic words...Zebra Domes! Any chance these are still (ever) offered at the Club Lounge at AKL? *crossing my fingers and hoping*!

Last edited by iheartjuppy; 03-24-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:02 AM   #1085
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Hi! We are thinking about upgrading to CL at Poly so I have been r

Old 03-25-2013, 02:04 AM   #1086
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Ugh... Didn't mean to send that! Anyway I have been reading this thread like a maniac and I couldn't seem to find information about milk at the lounge. DD2 loves her milk and I was just curious if it is available in the lounge. That would really be amazing if it did!!

Old 03-25-2013, 05:35 AM   #1087
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
Ugh... Didn't mean to send that! Anyway I have been reading this thread like a maniac and I couldn't seem to find information about milk at the lounge. DD2 loves her milk and I was just curious if it is available in the lounge. That would really be amazing if it did!!
I've only stayed WL CL so far, but there was milk in small cartons available in the lounge refridgerator.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 03-25-2013, 06:08 AM   #1088
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When we stated at CR CL they told me that the "coolers" were not refrigerators. So they put milk out in the am for a while but was available upon request anytime during the day. I would get him milk at least 2 times each day. Sometimes I asked for 2 at once( ds was 14). CRforLIFE had posted sometimes Nesquick choc milk available upon request. I unfortunately don't see that post until after our trip.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #1089
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post

When we stated at CR CL they told me that the "coolers" were not refrigerators. So they put milk out in the am for a while but was available upon request anytime during the day. I would get him milk at least 2 times each day. Sometimes I asked for 2 at once( ds was 14). CRforLIFE had posted sometimes Nesquick choc milk available upon request. I unfortunately don't see that post until after our trip.
Wonderful to know! I think that there are so many benefits to staying CL!

Has the coffee switched to Joffrey yet?

Old 03-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #1090
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

I've only stayed WL CL so far, but there was milk in small cartons available in the lounge refridgerator.
Thanks!!! Good support for me to take to DH to convince him that we need CL!

Old 03-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #1091
eromzek
Earning My Ears

What do people think of GF RPC? I've read good things, namely the food selection and service.

I am anxiously awaiting my visit in June, for my honeymoon!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #1092
psac
DIS Veteran

I posted this on the Poly thread, but reposting here. For anyone wondering if they should book their ADRs on their own, or let IPO do it, I think for the near future, I would HIGHLY recommend letting IPO do it. Here was my experience from today:

I was able to get all of ours as well this morning. However, in hindsight, I wish I did just let the IPO do it. The new website linked to My Disney Experience site is soooooo slow. I couldn't get it to work at all for the extended days. I switched to the iPad, which seems to hit the old booking site, and I was able to get that to work mostly, but it still dropped my session about 3 or 4 times which reset the current booking I was on (and it seemed to always be on the credit card ADRs with a lot of input to have to repeat). It was really painful and took well over an hour to do breakfasts and dinners for the whole week. Due to something unrelated, I had to work from home today, so we thought doing them myself at 6am (when we had to wake up anyway) was better than trusting IPO, but the frustration level was so high, it was definitely the wrong choice! But, it's all done with.

Also my wife is the one who always does the big ADR batches for our stays, so maybe this was her master plan to show that it's not easy.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 03-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #1093
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eromzek View Post
What do people think of GF RPC? I've read good things, namely the food selection and service.

I am anxiously awaiting my visit in June, for my honeymoon!
It's been a number of years since we stayed there, but I think it's a great place for a honeymoon. Congratulations! I can't speak of any specific details, but overall the service there seemed very "professional." I would contrast that with the BWI club which was very "homey." Both excellent, with just different styles that seem to fit the surroundings.

We booked one of the King Deluxe rooms, requested and got the octagonal style, and totally loved it.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 03-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #1094
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I posted this on the Poly thread, but reposting here. For anyone wondering if they should book their ADRs on their own, or let IPO do it, I think for the near future, I would HIGHLY recommend letting IPO do it. Here was my experience from today:

I was able to get all of ours as well this morning. However, in hindsight, I wish I did just let the IPO do it. The new website linked to My Disney Experience site is soooooo slow. I couldn't get it to work at all for the extended days. I switched to the iPad, which seems to hit the old booking site, and I was able to get that to work mostly, but it still dropped my session about 3 or 4 times which reset the current booking I was on (and it seemed to always be on the credit card ADRs with a lot of input to have to repeat). It was really painful and took well over an hour to do breakfasts and dinners for the whole week. Due to something unrelated, I had to work from home today, so we thought doing them myself at 6am (when we had to wake up anyway) was better than trusting IPO, but the frustration level was so high, it was definitely the wrong choice! But, it's all done with.

Also my wife is the one who always does the big ADR batches for our stays, so maybe this was her master plan to show that it's not easy.
I would second this I did let IPO make our ADR and I was happy I did. I was able to get on right away in the morning, but for the past 3 hours I cant even get onto the Disney site.

I love to do our ADR, BUT with all the problems I have read about I gave all my trust to IPO and they did not disapoint at all. I got all of them at the exact time I asked for.

Don't stress and let IPO do the work. You will be much happier

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 03-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #1095
buzzmom12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes poly cl has milk you may have to request it but my kids have milk every night with the lounge deserts.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: