Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Any idea or information?!

Ok so my 91 year old grandmother just gave me this childrens book called "Cinderella and the little glass slipper". Its about the size of a standard piece of paper with illistrations. The copyright is 1889 making the book 124 years old, this is wayyy before the Disney adaptation. My grandmother can't remember where she got it but wanted me to have it since I have such a love for all things Disney. I was just wondering if anyone has seen one before and if you have any information on it- I wish I knew the back story in where she got it.

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
tinkerbell87512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #2
DisMN
DIS Veteran

Hi, it's always fun to find something so familiar to us and discover that the story is really generations old! Neat gift from your grandma!

The basic story of Cinderella has been around since the late 1600's.
The verbal telling of the story has been around for many more hundreds of years and was told in many languages. As with many fairy tales the purpose or intent of the story was to get children to behave, to do and be good and to do what they're told.
The most common adaptation of the story was done by the Brothers Grimm, many years after the first version was written.

Your book sounds lovely. Who was the illustrator? A great site I often use for old book info is Abebooks.com.
DisMN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: