DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #32
Alice Sr.
BWV 1998 BCV 2002 SSR 2006 AKL 2008

I bought BWV after my divorce to insure my DD's would have a good vacation every year, in a safe place that would allow them freedom as they grew up but provide me with sense of security while they were allowed to explore on their own. We always brought at least one of their friends (usually one for each DD) and/or family member and it has worked out exactly as I had hoped. Always really enjoyed taking kids that had never been to WDW, especially our exchange students from Japan and Germany. My oldest DD and I went in October for the F & W Fest and had a great time. We are going again in 3 weeks with her BF (who has never been). I am really looking forward to hanging out with him and getting to know him better. We do not spend much time at the parks these days but still love going, there is so much to do besides the parks. I am going to Aulani in October with my BFF, really looking forward to that! My youngest DD (my DD's are now 22 and 25) has blessed me with a beautiful little baby GD so I am also in the process of planning her 1st trip next March with our whole family including my ex. From a financial standpoint for me, buying DVC was as safe a bet as I could make timeshare wise and a very good hedge on vacation inflation. The last couple of years I had more points than I could use so I rented them through David which is a wonderful option. I had let points expire in the past because I did not want to take on a 'point renters' bad (credit card) debt liability. I had recently thought about selling some points but now that I have a GD I almost feel like I need more. Sorry for the long story but wanted to give you the who, what, where and why for me and give you some things to consider. Best of luck to you either way.

Last edited by Alice Sr.; 03-24-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Alice Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: