Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
mrsoc
Earning My Ears

New to Dcl with questions-Help!

Hello,
I am interested OK obsessed with going on the fantasy in Sept of 2014. Is the ship less booked because schools are back in session? Would you recommend the Disney ground transportation or renting a car?? I guess I'll have to shop around. My husband has a cpac machine for sleep apnea. Does the ship have distilled water? He needs to put in the machine every night. If they don't supply can I bring a gallon onto the ship?

Thank you,
Gena
mrsoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
p17blo
DIS Veteran

With regards to distilled water you would be best contacting guest service to double check. I am sure you can take a gallon of water onboard yourself (and I would be tempted to as a back up). Most of the water onboard is treated and I think it is distilled anyway, but that machinery is sensitive so may not be good to risk it.

I have travelled a couple of times 'off season' but there are still kids onboard - remember Disney is international and schools in different countries have holidays at different times.

And I am convinced that everyone else will tell you to take the transfer, but I 100% whole heartedly advocate a hire car - Book with Hertz, drop it off at the Hertz terminal about 2 miles from the port and they have a shuttle to the port. It is so much cheaper than transfer (a day car hire for me is around $35 including insurance) and cheaper than parking ($130 ish for a week) and cheaper than the last time I checked transfer (I think $60 a person, not even sure if that is each way).

Paul

p17blo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
rocadonismom
Mouseketeer

Yes- if you call Disney ahead of time, you can request that a gallon of distilled water be placed in your stateroom. We have done it before for my father who has a whole list of medical conditions.
rocadonismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
PWammy
Mouseketeer

I'd price a private shuttle or car; I don't care for cruise shuttles from any cruiseline, but I also hate to drive on the highway; but I know lots of people who rent cars to the port, just seems like too much work for me. Private cars and shuttles can sometimes factor in a 20 or 30 minute stop for you if you need to pick something up on the way to the port. That really comes in handy for me, travelling with a child.
PWammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

We prefer the cruiseline transfers. Yes, they cost a bit more usually, but I hate driving in a strange city, or having to track down where my car service is at.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #6
Cats12
Mouseketeer

It's probably cheaper to rent a car, but sooo much easier to take the shuttle, especially if you're going to the airport on a major carrier. You put your bags outside your room the last night of the cruise and collect them in your home city airport (with onboard airline check in). Leave the ship and get on the next bus which drops you at your terminal. Does NOT get easier than that. So it depends on whether price or convenience is matters more to you. I've done both.

Cats12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #7
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

The DCL transfer bus is $35. per person each way, so two people would be $140. round trip.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: