Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 06:21 AM   #1066
stephgles
DIS Veteran

So even though I emailed my packet to WL IPO, I woke up at 6:00 this morning to book one or two adr's. When I logged onto My Disney Experience, to my surprise, all my adrs were there already at 6:05. Will never have doubt again. That alone is completely worth the CL experience. So looking forward to our trip. Now to get through the next 180 days.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #1067
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

I was hoping you could help out with lunch suggestions. It's just DH and I.

We like sit down lunches when staying CL because we always take an afternoon break and are in the lounge for evening apps and drinks.

With that said we head back out to parks and maybe have a small bite to eat.

I have

Le cellier (i am happy with this)
Teppan Edo (new to us)
Liberty Tree Tavern (very unsure about this one)
Mama melrose
Yak and yeti

Let me know what you think.
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #1068
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
I was hoping you could help out with lunch suggestions. It's just DH and I.

We like sit down lunches when staying CL because we always take an afternoon break and are in the lounge for evening apps and drinks.

With that said we head back out to parks and maybe have a small bite to eat.

I have

Le cellier (i am happy with this)
Teppan Edo (new to us)
Liberty Tree Tavern (very unsure about this one)
Mama melrose
Yak and yeti

Let me know what you think.
Well how come Kona Cafe not on your list? My dd favorite lunch place. I love Teppan Edo for dinner.
We are excited! We are staying Poly CL 4/5-4/8 and for lunches we are going to do Epcots Marketplace ( similar to food n wine)

We love The Food and Wine Festival and so happy this looks very similar
Old 03-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #1069
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephgles View Post
So even though I emailed my packet to WL IPO, I woke up at 6:00 this morning to book one or two adr's. When I logged onto My Disney Experience, to my surprise, all my adrs were there already at 6:05. Will never have doubt again. That alone is completely worth the CL experience. So looking forward to our trip. Now to get through the next 180 days.
We just got back from WL CL, you're gonna love it!

I lived in Wescosville for 3 years...small world!

Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
Old 03-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #1070
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Well how come Kona Cafe not on your list? My dd favorite lunch place. I love Teppan Edo for dinner.
We are excited! We are staying Poly CL 4/5-4/8 and for lunches we are going to do Epcots Marketplace ( similar to food n wine)

We love The Food and Wine Festival and so happy this looks very similar
Ya know before we upgraded to CL i had a breakfast at Kona but cancelled it. How much time out of our day to leave MK eat at Kona and go back? I am imagining at least 1 1/2 hours
Old 03-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #1071
momof4minnies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephgles View Post
Very happy for you. This is one of the reasons I love CL.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE WL CL and the WL resort and I'm sure you will too.

1971 WDW opening year
several visits to DL as a wee one
Oct 1998 Poly
Jun 2000 CBR
Aug 2001 CR
Jul 2003 CR
June 2004 GF CL
Jun 2005 CR CL
Jul 2007 GF CL
Nov 2008 WL CL
Jun 2009 DL Hyatt
Nov 2011 WL CL - DD Sweet 16

NEXT TRIP JUN 2013 BW CL - 2nd DDs SWEET 16
Old 03-24-2013, 01:34 AM   #1072
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Ya know before we upgraded to CL i had a breakfast at Kona but cancelled it. How much time out of our day to leave MK eat at Kona and go back? I am imagining at least 1 1/2 hours
We usually take monorail and just go to Kona as a walk in. Usually get seated right away too. We do go on early side 1130-12. We eat fast and get back to the park and could do in an hour. Depends if having a leisurely lunch or just eating and run, lol. DD always gets pulled pork tacos! Her absolute fav disney meal. They changed my favorite salad with steak on it so not happy. I have been doing a side salad with the steak appetizers instead. Yummy. The sticky wings are very good too. The creme carmel dessert with carmelized banana and a smitch of chocolate is a very interesting too.

I like that we can get lunch and go right back to the park. Also easy to walk to TTC and take monorail to Epcot as well.

My husband had a late flight in tonight and woke me up. I am NOT a night owl and am going to be tired tomorrow!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #1073
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Good morning. We are staying BC CL are there washer/dryers on the floor or are they only by the pool?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #1074
jenndisney
Is this a tag? Am I dreaming? Someone pinch me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
Good morning. We are staying BC CL are there washer/dryers on the floor or are they only by the pool?
I was just there and they are down by the pool.

Dec, 2008 - WDW, July, 2005 - WDW, July, 2004 - DL, June, 2003 - WDW, July, 2002 - DL

Old 03-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #1075
stephgles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
We just got back from WL CL, you're gonna love it!

I lived in Wescosville for 3 years...small world!
It is a small world. LOL.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #1076
stephgles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4minnies View Post
Very happy for you. This is one of the reasons I love CL.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE WL CL and the WL resort and I'm sure you will too.
We love WL. It is our home away from home. This is our first stay CL and as you saw was a bit nervous about the whole ADR thing but, seeing how it works now it is completely worth stay CL just for that.

I do have one question. I read on a few boards that CL rooms have DVDs and an area were you can pick out DVD's. Is this still the case at WL? Thank you in advance for any replies to this question.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #1077
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephgles

We love WL. It is our home away from home. This is our first stay CL and as you saw was a bit nervous about the whole ADR thing but, seeing how it works now it is completely worth stay CL just for that.

I do have one question. I read on a few boards that CL rooms have DVDs and an area were you can pick out DVD's. Is this still the case at WL? Thank you in advance for any replies to this question.
We stayed WL CL in 2011 and the concierge by the elevators (across from the lounge on the CL floor) had a large binder with all of the DVD offerings. We were able to borrow two the same evening. It was a great relaxing option!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #1078
stephgles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
We stayed WL CL in 2011 and the concierge by the elevators (across from the lounge on the CL floor) had a large binder with all of the DVD offerings. We were able to borrow two the same evening. It was a great relaxing option!
Thank you. So that means they have players in the room too. My family can never agree on a tv show so I always pack a small dvd player. If I dont have to pack a dvd player, that means more room in suitcase to buy things down there.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #1079
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

Yup, the DVD players were in the room, connected to the TV!

ETA I should not be allowed to lurk in these threads - I just called AKL and it's only $300 total to upgrade to CL for our upcoming 5 night stay. Booking it now!! I'm so easily swayed!

Last edited by iheartjuppy; 03-24-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #1080
bean bunny
Mouseketeer

We just booked a WL club level stay for two nights in May. We've done YC CL several times but this is our first WL stay. What do we need to know? What should I not miss?

Thank you!

Upcoming Trips:
December 2011, January 2012, August 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: