Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
disney11fan
DIS Veteran

Smile Any News if Disney will be offering free dining

Any news if free dining will be offered in may or august this year> what abt if you have the chase card?
disney11fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

The Discounts sub forum under the Resorts board is the best place to get info.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
3happydancers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney11fan View Post
Any news if free dining will be offered in may or august this year> what abt if you have the chase card?
If you are registered with Chase on-line, you can also check there under special offers regularly! I know they offered the bounce back last year while we were there for free dining starting this August. My guess is they will open the offer to chase and general public; when is still unknown.

2006, '07, '08 POFQ
2009 Saratoga Springs/POFQ
2010 Animal Kingdom Kidani Village
3happydancers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

So much "free" dining talk. I know many people THINK they really need the cost benefit of this offering but people, nothing is free.

Needing free dining to visit a dumbed downed Disney world is worth what?

In my view people should force Disney to provide quality first and make the experience really wotth something. If "free dining" is the key, then it's only a matter of years until Disney just becomes ordinary.
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
So much "free" dining talk. I know many people THINK they really need the cost benefit of this offering but people, nothing is free.

In my view people should force Disney to provide quality first and make the experience really wotth something. If "free dining" is the key, then it's only a matter of years until Disney just becomes ordinary.
~LOL, pirate -- tell us how you really feel. It looks like Disney is backing away from the huge "Free Dining" promotions from years past! I think the restaurants were overwhelmed with trying to maintain a certain level of quality. Free Dining was never a good discount for deluxe -- I think the discount is better for the values and/or mods.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #6
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Drdisneymd

I have to say That while I am flattered by my, surprisingly real, characterization in you signature, I think beerdave, skier Pete and tweebers may resent sharing space with me...
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #7
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
I have to say That while I am flattered by my, surprisingly real, characterization in you signature, I think beerdave, skier Pete and tweebers may resent sharing space with me...
~This is off topic. Look for my PM.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:40 AM   #8
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2

We don't THINK, we happen to KNOW what we will benefit from. Sorry it is not something you benefit from but don't presume to know what works for everyone else. Nothing in those restaurants will vastly improve between now and my trip, even if Disney were to completely do away with free dining. So yes, right now I'm paying for the only quality they are offering and if they decide to give it to me for free, I SAVE nearly $1000.

If you aren't pleased with the quality of Disney, find a new vacation spot. There are many families who would NEVER be able to make their trips happen if free dining were not an option. Personally, I (and many others) will give up 5 star dining if it means our kids have a fantastic vacation.
LikeSeriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #9
dairylives
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeSeriously View Post
We don't THINK, we happen to KNOW what we will benefit from. Sorry it is not something you benefit from but don't presume to know what works for everyone else. Nothing in those restaurants will vastly improve between now and my trip, even if Disney were to completely do away with free dining. So yes, right now I'm paying for the only quality they are offering and if they decide to give it to me for free, I SAVE nearly $1000.

If you aren't pleased with the quality of Disney, find a new vacation spot. There are many families who would NEVER be able to make their trips happen if free dining were not an option. Personally, I (and many others) will give up 5 star dining if it means our kids have a fantastic vacation.
This.
dairylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #10
Fivemuggles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeSeriously View Post

AMEN.
Fivemuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #11
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Totally agree with PP- It would be hard to have to fork over another $800.00 just for food and snacks with the cost of Disney what is anyways... For some of us, it's the only way we can justify going!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #12
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

I don't understand the hostility towards people wanting to book under a free dining promotion. I think it's a great promotion, and I try to to leverage them when I travel to Disney.

I do understand the frustration with having a new topic pop up every other week asking this question in this forum, and even I was the beneficiary of the advise to check the Deals forum.

Would moderator consider a sticky at the top of this forum marked "Free Dining and other promotions", which would redirect people to the appropriate forum, rather than engaging a new topic here?

Just my 2¢
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #13
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:

Free dining saves us approx $1200.

A discount off a Mod room would save us approx $340 for the week.

Just because you may not see value in it.... there are familes that can't afford that extra $$$ for the dining plan and that may make or break a Disney trip for them!

I know there is always the argument that it wouldn’t cost $1200 to feed a family of 3 for a week if they shop at the grocery store or eat at cheaper places.

But there is still that additional out of pocket expense to pay for those “cheaper” meals for your trip.

The dining plan/free dining takes care of that expense ahead of time.

I know a family that was able to take their dying child to Disney because they had the Free Dining promo. The amount they saved from that made it feasible to purchase their flights to take their daughter on their one and only family vacation before she passed away .

While it may not be a value to you…it may be a value to someone else!

If Disney Dining is not a value to you…then that means that opens up one extra reservation time for the rest of us!
Thank you for that!

vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #14
Brittmarie04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacation_junkie

Free dining saves us approx $1200.

A discount off a Mod room would save us approx $340 for the week.

Just because you may not see value in it.... there are familes that can't afford that extra $$$ for the dining plan and that may make or break a Disney trip for them!

I know there is always the argument that it wouldn’t cost $1200 to feed a family of 3 for a week if they shop at the grocery store or eat at cheaper places.

But there is still that additional out of pocket expense to pay for those “cheaper” meals for your trip.

The dining plan/free dining takes care of that expense ahead of time.

I know a family that was able to take their dying child to Disney because they had the Free Dining promo. The amount they saved from that made it feasible to purchase their flights to take their daughter on their one and only family vacation before she passed away .

While it may not be a value to you…it may be a value to someone else!

If Disney Dining is not a value to you…then that means that opens up one extra reservation time for the rest of us!
Thank you for that!
Yes this!!!! I love free dining.
Brittmarie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #15
Katmat75
DIS Veteran

If you aren't pleased with the quality of Disney, find a new vacation spot. There are many families who would NEVER be able to make their trips happen if free dining were not an option. Personally, I (and many others) will give up 5 star dining if it means our kids have a fantastic vacation.[/QUOTE]

I am with you! I am a lover of WDW. My income is very low so any discount given for our family is a Godsend to just be able to get there and enjoy! Some people do not realize how hard it is for some families to go to WDW! Every little bit helps!!!

August 1999 - CBR, August 2001 - CBR,August 2003 - AS, August 2004 - CBR, August 2005 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, Nov/Dec 2006 - SOG, August 2007 - CBR,August 2009 - CBR Offsite August 2010 ASMu September 2012 ASMu September 2013
Katmat75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free dining

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: