Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #511
GoofyPredsFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TxAgs View Post
GoofyPredsFan - after my run, I stopped at MickeyDs for an ice cream sundae, so you weren't the only one to waste a bit of the effort. On the other hand, we should be allowed an occasionaly reward, huh?
I know exactly what you mean! The hard part I have is learning how much is too much. I know I can't deny myself everything because then I'll just be miserable or go overboard later, but I have to learn that moderation is key! For myself anyways, it's much harder than it sounds, but I'm working on it. Good luck to you!
Old 03-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #512
Dis*Mom
Mouseketeer

yesterday 45 minutes walking
today 30 minutes walking & 10 minutes strength training

800/1000
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #513
C_leen
DIS Veteran

Elliptical 35 min this am. 505/620. Then major snowfall and I shoveled half of our driveway, 20 min so now 525/620.
2/2014 Princess HALF
C_leen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #514
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Friday worked so just my 15 min core and stability balls situps

Saturday 90 min run/walk. I learned there is a reason the lion runs for his food and then takes a nap AFTER he eats. Went out for BBQ and then went for my run. Not a good idea. That was a loooong 90 min.

Today 60 min walk Helped crew a half marathon and DH and I walked to our aid station and back. Plus I did alot of pacing at the aid station. 45 degrees is great to run in but gets darn cold standing and handing out gatorade and water.

New total 1380/1200

Dis*mom don't stress over getting your mins in, do what you can and make a goal to push a few more mins each month. I work 12 hr shifts so only 3 days a week AND all the kids are out of the house + I am training for a half marathon so it is easier for me to get the minutes in. Life is so much different with no kids in the house.

Mrsdrake you asked what new sport we wanted to try. I am in the process of getting a bike and relearning to ride. DH has been so great about my running that it is time for me to reciprocate and do some bike rides with him. If you see a pink pillsbury doughboy on a bike in the Pacific Northwet that will be me wrapped in bubblewrap so I don't get hurt when I fall down.

I also signed up for a ChiRunning workshop to learn how to run better.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #515
Dis*Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
Friday worked so just my 15 min core and stability balls situps

Dis*mom don't stress over getting your mins in, do what you can and make a goal to push a few more mins each month. I work 12 hr shifts so only 3 days a week AND all the kids are out of the house + I am training for a half marathon so it is easier for me to get the minutes in. Life is so much different with no kids in the house.

Indygirl, thank you for your words of support. I will keep pushing forward, and I know it will be different without kids in the house. I cherish the time I have right now with my family
Old 03-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #516
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

30 min cardio/strength - 725/800

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #517
GoofyPredsFan
Mouseketeer

30 minutes C25K

780/1000

Thank you
Old 03-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #518
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis*Mom View Post
Indygirl, thank you for your words of support. I will keep pushing forward, and I know it will be different without kids in the house. I cherish the time I have right now with my family
Yeah I don't know what happened. I blinked and those darned kids grew up and are now adults giving me grandkids.

I don't plan to ever blink again. Maybe the grands will stay little for longer?
Old 03-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #519
Chicago262
Mouseketeer

An hour WERQ class this afternoon brings me to:

1920/2013

Deanna

12/10 - WL, 1/10 - AKL,10/08 - WL & MNSSHP & Discovery Cove, 12/06 - Surprise Christmas trip WL & MVMCP, 9/05 - WL, 11/04 - WL, 5/03 - Ten yr. Anniversary trip WL, 4/93 - Disneymoon Dixie Landings, other off-site trips that I fail to mention on purpose (less magic if you stay off property)

Chicago262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:21 AM   #520
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Had a great day and surpassed my goal!

40 mins strength
35 mins crosstrainer
35 mins swimming with kiddos

1390/1300

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:12 AM   #521
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

25minutes of jillian michaels' body revolution cardio 1

722/650
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #522
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis*Mom View Post
I have a question for the group. The amount of exercise minutes achieved is so inspiring and I'm just curious....how do you fit it all in? With work, family, life, I don't feel I do a very good job with time management. Do you do it before work or before you start your day or do you just make sure to schedule it somewhere in the day? Thanks for your input
I found as long as I just stick with being consistent, I can usually get my time in after work. I have a schedule that I pretty much stick to: yoga Mondays and sometimes Wednesdays, run on Tue/Thu/Sat (when I don't have a PT appt), and if I can manage to get the butt out of bed, elliptical before work Tue-Thu. I've been sticking to this schedule for a long time now so I don't even think about, I just go. I've read it takes 21 days to make something new a habit, so if you can do something consistently until then, you'll be good to go. And if you're ever looking for inspiration, just come back to the DIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post

Plutobaby- what did u decide about your half? Did I tell u I had to drop out of the pgh half/relay for may? Im going to do the 5k. Tough decision but I just couldn't push up to that mileage that quick w my knees. Disappointing but the right choice. I might do the Cleveland 10k two weeks after instead.
The jury is still out but I'm cautiously optimistic. I went for a slow, easy 5 on Saturday and felt about 80%. I tried the KT tape which I think helped, stopped to stretch often, and took more walk breaks than usual. I slowed down alot and kept to about a 10:30-11:30 mile pace. I'm going to run one more time on Wednesday, and depending on how that goes, I'll decide for sure then. I just keep telling myself all I want to do is finish standing upright, then I'll take the next 8 weeks off. I figure I can start serious training for the W&D in July.

And don't sweat the local races! I use them as "progress reports" to see where I'm at race-wise and see if there is anything I should be changing up (stride, pace, food/drink, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdrake625 View Post
Awesome job everyone!! Still a whole week left to finish out our goals... or if you're Disneymagicmomma, go for 200%! (Probably should make a new color for that one).

40 mins for me today. Hal Hidgon told me it was time to run a 5k "test" in order to get ready for the real thing (one month away!!). Amazingly, I was actually nervous today thinking about it, right up to driving over to the neighborhood I run in. And nobody was even there to watch! The goal was to learn from the experience and prepare better for race day.

I learned: I went out WAAAY to fast (nerves?), and I need to not have twice as much coffee as normal on race day. Buzzzzz!! My HR was through the roof.

I also took MRSAR and Figment1990's advice about the Garmin, thanks! Much better experience this time, fully charged and I started the "search" while I stretched and warmed up.

The good part is that having that out of the way now, the "real" one will not be so intimidating. I hope. Last time I ran a 5k was less than ten years ago but it's still been a while. I never trained properly for that 5k, so my only goal for this one was to beat that 5k time (having actually trained this time) and I managed to "PR" in the test run, so a good omen so far. Guess Hal knows what he's doing! Don't know if I should hope to run even faster on race day or just "see what happens" but either way, I'm much healthier than I was before and that should be enough.

(I'm using the 5k Intermediate, slightly modified, and I really like it. Challenging but realistic.)

Ah yes, the inevitable " I went out too fast and at mile 3 I'm going to die"...been there, done that. I've learned to just crank up the music at the start and ignore all the "serious runners" around who are zooming right off the line. More often than not, as long as I stick to my pre-determined race plan, the only one I'm competing against is myself and the clock. Of course, I always love taking the last couple of miles to start picking off targets one by one. It gives my brain something to do instead of spacing out in la-la land.

3/23 - PT-30, run-57, shoveling dirt-20

Brings March total to 1094/1400. And down the stretch she comes!!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #523
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

27 minutes for Day 1 of Jillian's 30 Day shred and 45 minutes walking tonight bring me to 1136/1400.

Great job everyone!

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #524
glss1/2fll
DIS Veteran

1495/1700

I've been frantically pushing numbers and am pretty sure I can do it! I've decided to skip my stretching class this week since it's spring break, the teacher is out of town and all the students have decided they want to go for coffee instead of class! Unfortunately that means losing 100 minutes! Think I'll be okay.

Dis*Mom--just do what you can. Heck, you're thinking about it which is more than most people are doing! Good for you. I was a SAHM when the kids were little and went to the Y (free babysitting) to get my workouts in. Now they are teens and I can do what I want. I work out while everyone else is in bed because after a long day of work, making dinner, attending whatever event the kids are involved in that night, I just have no energy left! Not that I'm bouncing off the walls at 5 AM, but at least I'm moving!

Indygirl99--I have a friend who does chirunning. He had back surgery and was told he'd never run again. He'll be doing the Ironman in Hawaii come October--and certainly not for the first time! He has a very distinct stride/style but boy can he tear up the miles! I hope you learn lots at the clinic.

Home stretch! We can do it!!
Old 03-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #525
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Fri 10 min PT
Sat 40 min elliptical
Sun 60 min yoga
Mon 65 min yoga & PT

TOTAL 960 / 1000
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: