Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary 03-2013 DR! *UPDATE 5/12 done!

Hi, all!! My family just got back from a fabulous trip to WDW for our 10th anniversary! We went 3/6/13-3/13/13 and stayed at POFQ.

We had lots of wonderful meals. I honestly cannot remember a bad meal we had. There were some things I didn't much care for, but not one entire meal or meal experience that was bad. It was such a great trip.

Here are some of the places we went, in no particular order:
Be Our Guest dinner
Le Cellier dinner
CRT breakfast
Akershus breakfast
Casey's QS in MK
The Plaza dinner
Lotus Blossom Cafe dinner
Cape May Cafe dinner
Edit to add: Wishes Dessert Party on our anniversary!
And many, many more!

We had the deluxe dining plan so we also had lots of snacks. I took pictures of just about everything we ate! I think the only thing we missed was the breakfast my DH shared with the kids our last morning because I was in the room packing and he forgot to take a picture.

Our arrival day was also the first day of the Flower and Garden Festival, so we had some snacks and drinks from there.

Such a great trip, I'm really hoping we can go back October, 2014 to experience the Food and Wine festival!

Cast (copied from trip report):
Me: I am the trip planner and main lover of WDW.

DH: He likes WDW, but doesnt love it like I do. He isnt much of a planner so as long as we have fun we basically get to do whatever I want. Suits both of us just fine!

DD: my 5 year old princess! She is in Kindergarten this year and is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Shes a bit extreme and moody, but shes so much fun! I love doing things with her. We recently signed her up for Girl Scouts and Im looking forward to doing that with her.

DS: my 1 year old prince charming! Hes such a calm and happy baby. Hes super ticklish and loves to cuddle. Hes my favorite little boy. He didnt much like the characters at first, but soon it was obvious (by the giant hugs) that Mickey and Minnie were his favorites!

Here we go...
(Oh, and if you want to read my trip report for this trip the link is: The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR!)

The third timeís the charm! A March 2013 10th anniversary pre-trip report! The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR!
The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary 03-2013 Dining Report!

Last edited by sheila <3 WDW; 05-12-2013 at 09:19 PM.
sheila <3 WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Table of Contents

Table of contents

Introduction
Day 1: Arrival day and 1st day Epcot
Day 2: Magic Kingdom Part 1
Day 2: Magic Kingdom Part 2 including Be Our Guest!
Day 3: Hollywood Studios Part 1
Day 3: Hollywood Studios Part 2
Day 3: Hollywood Studios Part 3
Day 4: Animal Kingdom Part 1
Day 4: Animal Kingdom Part 2
Day 4: Animal Kingdom Part 3
Day 4: Animal Kingdom Part 4
Day 5: Magic Kingdom Part 1
Day 5: Magic Kingdom Part 2
Day 6: Epcot Part 1
Day 6: Epcot Part 2
Day 7: Magic Kingdom Part 1
Day 7: Magic Kingdom Part 2
Day 7: Magic Kingdom Part 3
Day 7: Magic Kingdom Part 4
Day 7: Magic Kingdom Part 5
Day 7: Magic Kingdom Part 6
Day 8: DTD and going home

The third timeís the charm! A March 2013 10th anniversary pre-trip report! The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR!

Last edited by sheila <3 WDW; 05-12-2013 at 09:21 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
Nohal
DIS Veteran

I'm in looking forward to your reviews.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #4
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Sounds like a super lineup, looking forward to hearing all about it,
Old 03-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
Lauralooneyfordisney
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to it.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:24 AM   #6
TuneTownMagic
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate your anniversary!! Looking forward to the reviews, especially Be Our Guest !

TuneTownMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #7
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Subscribing! Excited to hear about your meals!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #8
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
I'm in looking forward to your reviews.
Thanks for joining! I'm looking forward to sharing them! It's my first dining review, but I love reading them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Sounds like a super lineup, looking forward to hearing all about it,
Thanks for joining! We had lots of excellent meals. I didn't even list all of them because I didn't want to go back through my trip report notes (I typed up 18 pages of notes after our trip!!) to figure out where we all ate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauralooneyfordisney View Post
Looking forward to it.
Thanks for joining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuneTownMagic View Post
Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate your anniversary!! Looking forward to the reviews, especially Be Our Guest !
Thanks for joining! Yes, it was fabulous! I forgot to mention (going to go edit above post) that we had the Wishes Dessert Party on our actual anniversary!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Subscribing! Excited to hear about your meals!
Thanks for joining! I'm excited to share!

Old 03-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #9
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Day 1: Arrival day and 1st day at Epcot

OK, I wasnít that great with the pictures today. I get better, I promise!

We got to the airport and through security around 9. We had fed the kids, but DH and I hadnít eaten yet. We stopped at Great American Bagel and Bakery and each got a southwestern omelet bagel. We also got some drinks. The bagels were really good.

DD wanted a snack so we stopped at Dunkin Donuts and I forgot to take a picture, but we each had a donut. We also got a latte to share, but didnít really like it. It was also too hot and we didnít have time to finish it before boarding.

After we landed and got checked in at POFQ we went to Epcot. We wanted to start exploring the World Showcase. It was 5 by the time we got there and the first thing we wanted to do was get dinner! We went to Lotus Blossom Cafť in the China pavilion, a first for us. DH and I each got orange chicken and got each of the kids a kid meal which was chicken with rice and sweet and sour sauce on the side. The food was very good!

DS didnít eat much, but DD ate most of her chicken. We used 4 meal credits. I wasnít thinking about it at the time, but I should have made the kids share. We started doing that later in the trip.

For dessert we got one ginger ice cream and one lychee ice cream. The lychee was good, but none of us enjoyed the ginger one.

After that we walked around. DH got a beer from the Bauernmarket food kiosk in Germany. He enjoyed it. He got the Krombacher Hefeweizen.

Then we stopped at Karmelle-Kuche for snacks. I love this place and it was our first time there I think! I took pictures of all the food, but forgot to take pictures of our actual snacks. Oops.

DD really wanted an apple, but I just can't pay $10 for an apple! Maybe next trip we'll have to get one to share.

Delicious looking caramel popcorn

All the yummy snacks to be enjoyed

I got a chocolate caramel brownie and DD got a caramel filled chocolate cookie. Yum!!!
DS enjoyed the snacks!

After that we headed back to the hotel to get settled and unpack.

The next day was our first of 3 MK days!!!

Old 03-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #10
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

Yum yum! I am definitely getting a caramel filled chocolate cookie on our April trip! Or the caramel with sea salt....or caramel popcorn....or caramel roll with marshmallow....or EVERYTHING lol

An April Dining Report!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48266800
bluechic03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #11
Nohal
DIS Veteran

Just wondering if the chicken from Lotus Blossom was boneless. I have gotten it there a few years ago and it looks different. Also was it the breast or dark meat also.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #12
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechic03 View Post
Yum yum! I am definitely getting a caramel filled chocolate cookie on our April trip! Or the caramel with sea salt....or caramel popcorn....or caramel roll with marshmallow....or EVERYTHING lol
Oh, I know! That place is amazing. We actually went there twice and the second time DH and DD got caramel filled milk chocolate and I got caramel popcorn. So good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
Just wondering if the chicken from Lotus Blossom was boneless. I have gotten it there a few years ago and it looks different. Also was it the breast or dark meat also.
Yeah, it was boneless, I think it was white meat. It was really good! Even the rice was good and I'm not really a huge fan of white rice.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #13
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Day 2: Magic Kingdom part 1

Poor DS was having bad diapers, so we stopped at the food court and got a banana and milk for him. I didnít take a picture because, well, if you donít know what a banana looks like then I canít help you. LOL We were on our way to Magic Kingdom!! We had an ADR at Crystal Palace for 9:35. We go to the parks before EMH at 8 and got some stuff done before breakfast (hard to remember this is my dining reviews, so I shouldnít necessarily mention everything else we did).

We were hungry so we went to CP at 9:05 hoping they could seat us early and they did. They gave us a pager, but we only had to wait a few minutes. We were seated and our table had confetti on it for our anniversary! How sweet.

DH went up to get food because Piglet was close and I wanted to stay and take pictures. First up, Piglet!

Then Winnie the Pooh!

We had a character break so hereís some food pictures. Yummy.

DDís plate

I went up to the buffet to get my food and take pictures.

My stuffed plate, gotta love the puffed French toast with strawberries. Yum.

Then Eeyore!

He was playing with DS

Finally, Tigger!

He was being silly, too.

After that we did some stuffÖ.(see trip report for details LOL)

Then it was snack time! Dole Whip of course! We got one pineapple float that I shared with the kids. (DH is weird and doesnít like pineapple.)

And now Iím about out of picture room, so Iíll post the rest of the day in a separate post. Coming up, lunch at Pecos Billís and dinner at Be Our Guest!!!

Old 03-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #14
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Day 2: Magic Kingdom part 2

After our delicious dole whip float we went and did some more rides and met more characters!

Then it was time for lunch! We were over in Frontierland so we decided on Pecos Billís. We had been there before and liked it.

I forgot to take pictures until we were already eating. Sorry.

DH got a taco salad and like it:

I got a BBQ sandwich and fries. It was really good!

I didnít take pictures of the kids food, not sure why. DS had a PB&J meal, DD got turkey sandwich.

For our desserts we got carrot cake

And chocolate cake

Yum! The cakes arenít as good as some of the other desserts so we each probably only had a few bites.

We watched the parade and did some stuff in New Fantasyland before our dinner reservation at Be Our Guest! I had messed up on the time. The ADR was for 7:15, but for some reason I thought it was for 6. We went to go check in and I realized the time was wrong so they told us to come back. So we walked around and did some more stuff.

We went back around our ADR time and got a pager and had to wait a few minutes, no more than 10. We were seated in the big ballroom area (donít know what the rooms are called) with the beautiful chandeliers. Of course, my camera died so I was using DHís phone which takes acceptable pictures. I canít wait to go back and get more pictures!!!

We were next to these windows where we could see the snow. It was gorgeous!!

Cute rose napkins

They brought us bread and butter with sea salt. It was delicious!

We ordered each kid a meal of the macaroni with turkey meat sauce and fruit cups. Neither ate much and after this we stopped getting DS his own meals. I donít know why we even bothered to begin with. He wasnít feeling the best with his tummy issues and wasnít eating much.

DH and I each got the French onion soup. It was so good!!

I got the sautťed shrimp and scallops. It was so very good! The shrimp was good, but the scallops were amazing! I loved it and canít wait to go back.

DH got grilled strip steak and really liked it. The fries and veggies were really good, too.

Then it was time for dessert! The cart:

We decided to get a few and share. So we got a strawberry cupcake:

A lemon cupcake:

A chocolate cupcake:

DH and I didnít think the cupcakes were all that spectacular. They were good, but not amazing.

Then we looked at the other rooms, but I couldnít really get good pictures with his cell phone:

Then it was time to meet the Beast. Thank goodness for photopass! It was our first time meeting him and the cell phone did not take a single good picture of it!

We took a picture of the talking knights on our way out:

And the pretty mural

All in all we loved Be Our Guest and can't wait to go back!!

Last edited by sheila <3 WDW; 04-07-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #15
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Letís just say that Mr. Feeney came out ďwell doneĒ

DISboards Moderator

thanks so much for your reviews and the photos...I love the look on your sons face when he was with Tigger..it was adorable. Your daughter was looking like the princess she is..
Thanks again and looking forward to more.

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: