Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 12:39 AM   #136
cblack
Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67
What a wonderful TR

It sounds like you had a great cruise and some lovely memories to look back on

You've really made me want a Cabana now though!!
We did have a great time! Thanks so much for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouldering
Wonderful trip report and photos! Look forward to your next Pre-Trip report in 2015? We enjoyed our 1st cruise and I'm looking forward to our next cruise on the Fantasy!
Thanks for reading! The next trip is in 2014 for the southern Caribbean. Not sure if there will be a trip report, yet. You will love the Fantasy...have a great time!

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:05 AM   #137
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Dinner was really nice. I understand why people say you don’t go to 1900 Park Fare for the food, though. The character interaction was great, the food was OK. Anastasia and Drizella were not at dinner this night, though, because they were in trouble for shaving Lucifer (per Lady Tremaine). Jayden told this story to everyone who would listen on the ship. Here are a couple of photos from dinner. The first one is probably my favorite from the entire trip, as this was when Jayden first saw Cinderella.

I just love this expression on her face!!!

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #138
kelkan
Earning My Ears

I loved your post and enjoyed your recount of your vacation. We are booked for Room 12000 in September and I am debating if we should try to switch. How was the view from the balcony? Was the teen lounge annoying to overlook? What did you see when you looked left/right? The walls from the Roy and Walt suites? I am concerned that it isn't a very good view of the water.

Thanks,
Kelly
kelkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #139
cblack
Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelkan
I loved your post and enjoyed your recount of your vacation. We are booked for Room 12000 in September and I am debating if we should try to switch. How was the view from the balcony? Was the teen lounge annoying to overlook? What did you see when you looked left/right? The walls from the Roy and Walt suites? I am concerned that it isn't a very good view of the water.

Thanks,
Kelly
We really enjoyed the room and view. The only time i saw anyone in the teen area was when a maintenance worker put the flag up. I'm not kidding, I didn't see a single teen there the whole week. You have a fairly wide-angle view from the balcony...maybe a 120 degree view. If I wanted to look far left or right, I got on a chair. HTH!

Old 04-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #140
mandy2012
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the wonderful trip report! I really enjoyed reading it. Your little girl is so adorable! How old is she? I look forward to reading more reports from you in the future
mandy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #141
abowman94
Earning My Ears

I just want to say this was a very thorough and great report of the Fantasy. We do not leave until Oct 19, but we have 5 rooms on the concierge level and you reassured us that we made the right decision. Thank you for taking the time to write this! Also Jayden is so cute! I loved all the pictures!

I do have one question are mickey waffles, or hot breakfast items not offered in the concierge lounge?
abowman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #142
cblack
Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy2012 View Post
Thank you for the wonderful trip report! I really enjoyed reading it. Your little girl is so adorable! How old is she? I look forward to reading more reports from you in the future
Thank you for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abowman94 View Post
I just want to say this was a very thorough and great report of the Fantasy. We do not leave until Oct 19, but we have 5 rooms on the concierge level and you reassured us that we made the right decision. Thank you for taking the time to write this! Also Jayden is so cute! I loved all the pictures!

I do have one question are mickey waffles, or hot breakfast items not offered in the concierge lounge?
Thanks for reading! I do not remember anything hot being served in the mornings in the lounge, but you could order hot food through room service if you are in a 1 bedroom suite.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #143
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Thank you for your trip report!

I don't usually get all mushy over little kids, but your daughter is adorable! Loved the last bit with Aurora. Disney IS magic!

Since you were nice enough to answer my PM a few weeks back, you'll know one of the reasons I also loved your trip report is that I have managed to score 12000 on the Dream in February.

On the Fantasy - I remember Vincente - he was wonderful! One of the best room hosts ever. I haven't met Alice, but remember and loved Kemisha and Julia so much.

Enjoy your SC cruise! Loved the info about San Juan as I'll be there for the end of the WBTA. Not doing concierge for that one, but excited just the same.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #144
GGeorge
Disney Dreamer

Your pictures and TR were all so fun to read

I just read your TR and loved every minute of it! What an amazing time you and your family had on your cruise, etc.
This will be our first Disney cruise (been on many other cruises and took my children when they were young but Disney didn't have ships then). So now my husband and I are taking our grandson (4) and granddaughter (6) and their parents (our daughter and her husband). We will be on the June 15 Fantasy E. Car. cruise.
Your pics of Princess Aurora and your darling daughter were the best! My granddaughter is named Aurora and she is looking forward to seeing her on the ship. I had no idea you would see so many characters on the ship. Thanks for the tips on when to line up to see the characters, etc. I will reread your report and take notes for our cruise. Thanks for being so helpful!
GGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #145
Jaymepops
Mouseketeer

OMgosh!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this TR and Jayden is SO stinkin' cute!!!! What an amazing trip so far...and in your first post you put about planning ...lol.... yeah..I'm SO there with you!!!

MORE, MORE, MORE!!

I've hopped on board and I'm cruising along with you!!
Disney's Caribbean Resort - January 2009 - First Disney Full Marathon - Team in Training - Go Team!
Disney's All-Star Movies - October 2010 - Disney's Inaugural Wine & Dine Half Marathon

Disney Fantasy - Our First Disney Cruise! May 2012

Check out our Fantasy Cruise VIDEO(s)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhWCAuXnETs
Jaymepops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #146
Jaymepops
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Quick and painless check-in...gotta love it! Your daughter is just adorable!

Lump me into the category of not being a GF fan. Somehow Stanley Kubrick and "The Shining" come to mind whenever we go over there.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Disney's Caribbean Resort - January 2009 - First Disney Full Marathon - Team in Training - Go Team!
Disney's All-Star Movies - October 2010 - Disney's Inaugural Wine & Dine Half Marathon

Disney Fantasy - Our First Disney Cruise! May 2012

Check out our Fantasy Cruise VIDEO(s)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhWCAuXnETs
Jaymepops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #147
cblack
Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
Thank you for your trip report!

I don't usually get all mushy over little kids, but your daughter is adorable! Loved the last bit with Aurora. Disney IS magic!

Since you were nice enough to answer my PM a few weeks back, you'll know one of the reasons I also loved your trip report is that I have managed to score 12000 on the Dream in February.

On the Fantasy - I remember Vincente - he was wonderful! One of the best room hosts ever. I haven't met Alice, but remember and loved Kemisha and Julia so much.

Enjoy your SC cruise! Loved the info about San Juan as I'll be there for the end of the WBTA. Not doing concierge for that one, but excited just the same.
If I remember correctly, you were originally booked on our January 2013 cruise but switched to another. I hope you enjoy room 12000 - it really is amazing! Thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGeorge View Post
I just read your TR and loved every minute of it! What an amazing time you and your family had on your cruise, etc.
This will be our first Disney cruise (been on many other cruises and took my children when they were young but Disney didn't have ships then). So now my husband and I are taking our grandson (4) and granddaughter (6) and their parents (our daughter and her husband). We will be on the June 15 Fantasy E. Car. cruise.
Your pics of Princess Aurora and your darling daughter were the best! My granddaughter is named Aurora and she is looking forward to seeing her on the ship. I had no idea you would see so many characters on the ship. Thanks for the tips on when to line up to see the characters, etc. I will reread your report and take notes for our cruise. Thanks for being so helpful!
Thanks for reading! We have only done Disney, so we have nothing to compare it to; however, we have had such amazing trips on Disney, it would be difficult for us to give another company a try! I hope you have a fabulous time with your grandkids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymepops View Post
OMgosh!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this TR and Jayden is SO stinkin' cute!!!! What an amazing trip so far...and in your first post you put about planning ...lol.... yeah..I'm SO there with you!!!

MORE, MORE, MORE!!

I've hopped on board and I'm cruising along with you!!
Thanks for reading along! I am a total plan-aholic. It keeps me going from one vacation to the next

Old 05-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #148
GGeorge
Disney Dreamer

To Jaymepops
I really enjoyed all your cruise videos of your Fantasy cruise last year. Your boys looked like they were having a great time! They are so photogenic! Very handsome! What software did you use to make the videos? I take a lot of photos when I travel and I can't imagine how many pictures I will take while we are on the Fantasy June 15. I have tried different dvd programs but haven't really found one that I like.
I like the fact that you combined video with still photos. Great job! And the music was the best too!
Gail George
GGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #149
PrincessForLife
Walt Disney World Junky

I absolutely LOVE your trip report! Your daughter is beautiful and such a character! Glad you guys had fun! I can't to go on ours in August. Expect, we stop in St. Maarten instead of San Jaun.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #150
cblack
Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessForLife View Post
I absolutely LOVE your trip report! Your daughter is beautiful and such a character! Glad you guys had fun! I can't to go on ours in August. Expect, we stop in St. Maarten instead of San Jaun.
Thank you! You will have a fabulous time! Enjoy!

Tags
12000, 2013, concierge, eastern, fantasy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: