Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #1891
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Morning Dads...

Been busy round here... haven't had much time to catch up, let alone post.

Thursday was our 14th anniversary. Yaay us!

I also picked up some tickets for DD's 11'th Birthday to go see Wizard Of Oz.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 03-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #1892
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Steve, Glad Ethan's surgery went well. I did get your text yesterday, but was sitting in a meeting with the CFO and CEO. Was praying for you guys...

Member #561
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #1893
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Nemesis... how's your Dad?

Member #561
Old 03-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #1894
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Oh, and on a side note... Skar just killed Mufasa, and blamed Simba. He told Simba to run away and never come back.

I don't like where this story is going...

Member #561
Old 03-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #1895
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

I posted the sign-up thread for April/May podcasts over on the other site. Please sign up if you're available for and interested in any of the show topics.
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

Old 03-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #1896
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Looks like we'll be in need of one more player for the DDC Fantasy baseball league. If anyone is interested in playing, let me know.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #1897
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Did you see the US/Costa Rica qualifier last night? Played in Colorado? The snow storm was ridiculous. At least the US won.

God luck today!
Didn't see the game. DD scored a goal in a 2-2 game. She put on an awesome display of ball skills - juked 2 defenders, and hard shot on the goal. She had anther shot, but hit the pole. We had lots more shots, but they had some great keeper play. The only thing holding her back in soccer is her speed, which is something I don't know how to help her with.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #1898
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Evening guys,

Good day for DS's basketball team today. They had two wins on the first day of the provincial championship, two more games tomorrow. Win them both and the will take home the banner for Tier 3.

Now it is time for some BBQed bacon wrapped medallions for dinner with my parents and then on to a good friends 40th birthday party.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 03-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #1899
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Afternoon gentlemen.

My back is doing much better. I have been off Vicodin since Wednesday. The rest of the week I've just been using Advil.

I'm looking at new cars to replace the rusty trusty Explorer. A new mid range priced Explorer would be over $38K.

On a good note, Sun Country just published October airfares.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Old 03-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #1900
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Afternoon gentlemen.

My back is doing much better. I have been off Vicodin since Wednesday. The rest of the week I've just been using Advil.

I'm looking at new cars to replace the rusty trusty Explorer. A new mid range priced Explorer would be over $38K.

If only we had a DISDad who worked at a Ford dealership.... Hmmmm....

Member #561
Old 03-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #1901
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Hey guys. Back from CT. Had an absolute blast hanging with Carl & Randall last night, and Chris, Tim, and James in addition today. Chris and his family were wonderful hosts after the race, and we had a blast. Great cause, and a great race. Hope to get together again soon guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
So, did anyone else pick Harvard over New Mexico, or was it just me?
I did. But they're about 20 mins from me, so I felt compelled to. Shocking win. Not looking so good today though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Oh, and on a side note... Skar just killed Mufasa, and blamed Simba. He told Simba to run away and never come back.

I don't like where this story is going...
Dude! Spoiler alert!

Quote:
Afternoon gentlemen.

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Last edited by RodBelding; 03-23-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #1902
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Spent the day stimulating the US economy with our shopping trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Don't worry, I'll come find you at some point so you can give me my present!
I'll be somewhere there..

Remember.....bend at the knees and lift with your back. There, done. No need to waste 8 hours.

[/QUOTE]

No no no, that is the SAFE LIFT training ...this basicly certifies me for the next three years using the Raymond 101 and Raymond Reach walkers/pallet movers. (My Big Joe staker runs out though, not used in my store.) All good now, already did the practical tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousey View Post
Hi guys,
I know I have been abset from the board for awile and I hope to be able to post more in the near future.

I am posting to ask you to keep my wife's family in your thoughts, My wife lost her Grandma on Wensday less than 24 hour from us returning from a week in Disney and my wife is not in a good place right now. My wife was very close to her Grandma and she is having a hard time with this. Tonight I had to return to work from vacation and she is all alone for the first time since she lost her Grandma. Please keep us in your thoughts as we venture the wake and funneral this weekend.
If I am unable to get back Thank You all for the opertunity to be part of your group and Thank You for supporting me and my Wife's family though this rought time.
Jason
Prayers and thoughts to DW, youself and your family.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 03-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #1903
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Hey guys. Back from CT. Had an absolute blast hanging with Carl & Randall last night, and Chris, Tim, and James in addition today. Chris and his family were wonderful hosts after the race, and we had a blast. Great cause, and a great race. Hope to get together again soon.
Hey was great time. Will be looking to do it again!! Thanks for the motivation you really helped get me through my first race ,i am glad i decided to try and do it. All i can say for the guys that are not on the running band wagon yet, there is still time to hop on.
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 03-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #1904
billybobblockhead
Kiiiiiiids, listen to your mother!

Good morning. Decided to come in out of the rain and cold to post. Absent for far too long and missing the banter. Now, I'll go eat some bacon. Hope that everyone has a great Sunday.
DISDad #425
Old 03-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #1905
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Good day for DS's basketball team today. They had two wins on the first day of the provincial championship, two more games tomorrow. Win them both and the will take home the banner for Tier 3..
Congrats to them.

Quote:

I'm looking at new cars to replace the rusty trusty Explorer. A new mid range priced Explorer would be over $38K. :
After seeing that sticker price, you might need to start up on that Vicodin. Good luck in your car shopping. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Hey guys. Back from CT. Had an absolute blast hanging with Carl & Randall last night, and Chris, Tim, and James in addition today. Chris and his family were wonderful hosts after the race, and we had a blast. Great cause, and a great race. Hope to get together again soon guys.
Watched in on FB. Looked like a great group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
No no no, that is the SAFE LIFT training ...this basicly certifies me for the next three years using the Raymond 101 and Raymond Reach walkers/pallet movers. (My Big Joe staker runs out though, not used in my store.) All good now, already did the practical tests..
I'm sure they are way more cool now, but I remember using the one electic pallet jack and forklift. But, it was still more fun to have the plain old pallet jack races in the store room. That wasn't in the training manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobblockhead View Post
Good morning. Decided to come in out of the rain and cold to post. Absent for far too long and missing the banter. Now, I'll go eat some bacon. Hope that everyone has a great Sunday.
Good to hear from you again.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, penguins, post padding, star wars

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: