Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #31
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Pop and POR - also if you have food allergies these are excellent choices.

now it is definitely more expensive but like Contempo Cafe is also a good choice.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #32
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
The complaints about the gratuities at CSR always gets me. The server brings drinks and flatware to the table. Am I one of the only people who don't mind tipping people for their service? The staff at The Pepper Market are always pleasant and very helpful.
I dont mind tipping but its the suggested 18-20% which is standard for bare minimum service. I am doing all the work with getting my food. No one is taking my order or bringing me my food. Why would I tip anything beyond 10%? Just like a buffet. I realize it's only a suggestion, but that part is what gets me.

Also, I manage to get my own drinks and silverware at all other food courts. I'd rather do that at PM than have someone do it for me and tip them. It seems pointless to me, and I hate that you dont have a choice.
nkereina is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #33
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
Am I one of the only people who don't mind tipping people for their service? The staff at The Pepper Market are always pleasant and very helpful.
they are not always helpful - the waitress came took our orders and for the next hour never saw her again.

thank goodness hardily anyone else was there - and management brought the food - but no one brought the drinks.

we got our money back for her tip and the drinks - plus an apologize - then told it would work better when we came back again.

have never taken that chance again - need something to drink.

Last edited by spiceycat; 03-21-2013 at 10:12 PM.
spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #34
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

How long does it take to walk over to the food court at POR from POFQ? Does one have a better breakfast, or are they both the same?
Old 03-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #35
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie
How long does it take to walk over to the food court at POR from POFQ? Does one have a better breakfast, or are they both the same?
A good 10 minute walk from main building to main building. We love the beignets at FQ (only) for breakfast and only choc chip pancakes (kiddos!) at FQ. More variety all around at POR in the food court though. Nice morning stroll!

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
luvallprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #36
PinkBudgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
A good 10 minute walk from main building to main building. We love the beignets at FQ (only) for breakfast and only choc chip pancakes (kiddos!) at FQ. More variety all around at POR in the food court though. Nice morning stroll!
Ok, thanks. I was glad to hear people like food courts at both. It is nice to have several choices within walking distance.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #37
MichiganDVC
Can barely see my Kool-aid bath with these Rose-colored glasses on....

Quick questions for OP:
1. How far are you willing to travel for this meal?? The reason I ask is because everyone is mostly naming places at far-off resorts and without a car it would be tough for you to get there. Not impossible, but tough. If you are renting a car, then it is no issue whatsoever.

2. Why counter-service? There are at least 6 great restaurants and 10+ total restaurants within walking distance of BC and if you're not doing a park that day, I'd try one out with the spare time.

Of course, if you're just looking for a quick, inexpensive meal, my suggestion is Picabu - Its inside the Dolphin - nice and close!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.id=465

Enjoy!!

1980 - Contemporary
1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990- Poly
1991 - Yacht Club 1996 - Offsite 2000 - Poly 2003 - Offsite
2008, 2009 - Boardwalk Villas 2010 - Offsite, Boardwalk Villas
2011 - Beach Club, Boardwalk Villas, Bay Lake Tower 2012 - Boardwalk Villas, WL/Poly 2013 - Beach Club, AKL-Kidani, Bay Lake Tower
2014 - Boardwalk, Poly

Last edited by MichiganDVC; 03-22-2013 at 09:40 AM.
MichiganDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #38
Betsy82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Any of the All Stars or POR. POR is the only food court that has a station where you get to pick your own pasta, sauce, and toppings. Very good! They also have a magic cookie bar that is wonderful!
AoA has the pick-your-own-pasta (& salad) station, too.

AoA is my favorite.
Betsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #39
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Coronado Springs is a big conference hotel. Lots of business people at meetings there. Thus, more "service" at meals. So tips are required. Just my take on it.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #40
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
POR has more options and a much larger seating area. We have walked over to POFQ when staying at POR and found the POFQ to be very busy, and we had to eat in the lounge. Also, the walk between POR and POFQ is a good 10 minutes and in direct sunlight on blacktop. We were sweaty doing this walk in September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Coronado Springs is a big conference hotel. Lots of business people at meetings there. Thus, more "service" at meals. So tips are required. Just my take on it.
I get the reasoning but I just wish there was a self service option at PM, besides getting it to go. Maybe a separate section or something.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #41
PinkBudgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
POR has more options and a much larger seating area. We have walked over to POFQ when staying at POR and found the POFQ to be very busy, and we had to eat in the lounge. Also, the walk between POR and POFQ is a good 10 minutes and in direct sunlight on blacktop. We were sweaty doing this walk in September.

Thanks. Good information to know. It is so hard to guess about these things without seeing it. We are going in June. Not sure how fast I will wilt in the humidity.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #42
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

I agree with the others - POR has the very best food court on Disney property. They have everything & it tastes good. Excellent choice!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #43
aimeeinohio
Mouseketeer

Just another agreement here- the POR food court is wonderful.
Walt Disney World All Star Movies August 2013

...Hoping for a Disney cruise in 2015 for our 20th wedding anniversary...

aimeeinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #44
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
Thanks. Good information to know. It is so hard to guess about these things without seeing it. We are going in June. Not sure how fast I will wilt in the humidity.
So true. Our first trip to POR, I had planned on going over to POFQ a few times for breakfast and for a change of scenery at the pool. From reading these boards, I had gotten the impression that the walk between the two resorts was negligible. After we did the walk once, we agreed that it was just long and hot enough where we didn't want to do it again. And we have no problems with walking.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #45
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Love POR food court. We get breakfast there probably half the time we are at the World. They have the best oatmeal. I know what you are thinking...oatmeal on vaca? Perish the thought. Well, they have 2 sizes, CS and snack size and about 15 toppings, choc chips, bananas, berries of all kinds, granola, nuts, etc. Delish and filling. Use your refillable mug and get the snack size and you'd be surprised what a quick little breakfast it is. You can also do a create your own yogurt parfait.

DD always gets the pasta of some sort. Their sandwiches are pretty good. The french fries can be hit or miss regarding crispiness, but generally we've had good luck at the Riverside Mill. Oh, they have ice cream and milkshakes, too. Check out: http://www.portorleans.org/riversidemill.php

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: