Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #2251
gabzee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Tikimanpages.com or tikiman pages on Facebook is great place for updates.

Yes one night would be wonderful.
Thanks for the website! Its very helpful!

My dilemma is this... I have been dying to stay at the Poly. I would love one of the refurnished rooms but its not a must. They only have one night available during our dates. If we stayed at the Poly, it would mean that we would be staying at the Poly for one night, the Boardwalk for 4 nights, and the AKL for 4 nights. I don't know if it would be too crazy switching resorts so many times especially between Poly and Boardwalk since it is only for one night. We would still go to the Poly for TS even if we didn't stay there. I don't know if I should wait to stay there for our next visit when all of the rooms would be redone as well? Thoughts?!?

Old 03-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #2252
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
As many times as we've been to The World (and the Poly), we've never done online check-in. I notice you can now check-in at the 60 day mark rather than 10 days prior to arrival. Can someone please enlighten me as to what the benefits of checking in 60 days before your arrival is?
Until they officially roll out FastPass Plus, there is no benefit of checking in online at 60 days out. Once FP+ is rolled out, you will be able to make your FP+ reservations 60 days out IF you have done online check-in.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #2253
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabzee View Post

My dilemma is this... I have been dying to stay at the Poly. I would love one of the refurnished rooms but its not a must. They only have one night available during our dates. If we stayed at the Poly, it would mean that we would be staying at the Poly for one night, the Boardwalk for 4 nights, and the AKL for 4 nights. I don't know if it would be too crazy switching resorts so many times especially between Poly and Boardwalk since it is only for one night. We would still go to the Poly for TS even if we didn't stay there. I don't know if I should wait to stay there for our next visit when all of the rooms would be redone as well? Thoughts?!?
IMHO 3 resorts in 9 nights is too much. We've done 2 resorts, but wouldn't want to move that much.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #2254
Lita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjs1228 View Post
I just completed online check-in this morning. I had not put in any requests prior to today. I was allowed to check two boxes so I chose the buildings I preferred as opposed to balcony, etc.

We have snow in AR today so I am especially looking forward to our vacation in 60 days!
Good to know! I can do online check in tomorrow!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 03-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #2255
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabzee View Post

Personally staying just one night anywhere especially a resort I never stayed at before would not be enough for me. I would hold off and book the Poly next time.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 03-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #2256
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Until they officially roll out FastPass Plus, there is no benefit of checking in online at 60 days out. Once FP+ is rolled out, you will be able to make your FP+ reservations 60 days out IF you have done online check-in.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #2257
DelaneyJ
Mouseketeer

Any word on Samoa opening back up. I am dying to get a new room. I thought I saw on tikiman's page that it would only take 47 days for Samoa. If that is the case it should be opening soon right? Fingers crossed it is on the 7th
Old 03-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #2258
trishadono
DIS Veteran

So this is my 39th resort stay coming up. My 4th at Poly and my third Club Level but most importantly my first Poly club.

So any advice? Things I won't know until going home day? FYI just me and dd18 for her bday. Dh and ds15 are the best!!! We will only be there 4/5-4/8.
thanks!
Old 03-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #2259
gabzee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyJ View Post
Any word on Samoa opening back up. I am dying to get a new room. I thought I saw on tikiman's page that it would only take 47 days for Samoa. If that is the case it should be opening soon right? Fingers crossed it is on the 7th
I'm also curious about this! If anyone knows I would love to wear! Hope it is open for your upcoming stay!

Old 03-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #2260
gabzee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
IMHO 3 resorts in 9 nights is too much. We've done 2 resorts, but wouldn't want to move that much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Personally staying just one night anywhere especially a resort I never stayed at before would not be enough for me. I would hold off and book the Poly next time.
Thanks for the opinions! Although I would love to stay there now, I'm starting to see that it may be too much moving around and I'm sure we definitely won't want to leave. I'll have to wait until next trip but it will just make it that much more special since most likely my next trip will be to celebrate my 21st birthday!

Old 03-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #2261
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Just booked our June vacation... This will be our 4th stay at Polynesian. We can't wait! Thinking of booking a Cabana for the day. I would love some opinions on this. Which one has a better view? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #2262
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I'm really not feeling the IPO love this year. Every email I get back from them seem like I'm bothering them, and I haven't even asked them for any special requests or to make ADRs.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #2263
EnchantedLilly
Earning My Ears

38 days until the Polynesian. So exciting. This trip we are staying Lagoon View so I am curious as to which longhouse we will get and what kind of view it will be.
2000 - All Star Music...2001 - Caribbean Beach...2003 - Wilderness Lodge...2004 - Wilderness Lodge...2004 - Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian...2006 - Polynesian...2006 - All Star Sports...2007 - Polynesian...2008 - Polynesian...2010 - Polynesian...2011 - Grand Floridian, Polynesian...2011 - Polynesian...2012 - Polynesian...2012 - Polynesian...2013 - Polynesian
Old 03-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #2264
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedLilly View Post
38 days until the Polynesian. So exciting. This trip we are staying Lagoon View so I am curious as to which longhouse we will get and what kind of view it will be.
LV for us too. We requested Tahiti b/c of its proximity to the TTC and boat launch. I read somewhere, or at least I thought I did , that most Tahiti LV rooms have views of the castle as well ? Not so sure since I have never stayed there before. I'm wondering if the views are that much better from the upper floors. I requested 1st floor since we will have our DGD8 with us and thought it was better for convenience to the beach. I'm sure wherever we find ourselves it will be beautiful !

2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Old 03-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #2265
campinggal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindie-rella View Post
LV for us too. We requested Tahiti b/c of its proximity to the TTC and boat launch. I read somewhere, or at least I thought I did , that most Tahiti LV rooms have views of the castle as well ? Not so sure since I have never stayed there before. I'm wondering if the views are that much better from the upper floors. I requested 1st floor since we will have our DGD8 with us and thought it was better for convenience to the beach. I'm sure wherever we find ourselves it will be beautiful !
We were just at the Poly earlier this month and stayed in Tahiti. Our reservation was for LV so it didn't even occur to me that the LV rooms in Tahiti might have a castle view.

Wow- was I surprised when I walked into our 2nd floor Tahiti room and looked out the window- we could see the castle and space mountain right across the lagoon.

When I did online check-in- I had requested Tahiti and patio. They apologized when I checked in saying that they didn't have a patio available and would the 2nd floor be ok. I was just happy to be in Tahiti so I really didn't care.

Patio level definitely could have bushes obstructing some of the view so being on a higher floor in Tahiti would increase the chance of a MK view.

As for proximity to the beach- it was just an easy walk out the side door down the short path to the beach that is right in front of Tahiti.

Tahiti IS a walk to the GCH but the walk to the bus stop was pretty quick and if you needed it, the TTC is a short walk as well. The boat launch area for the Poly could be a hike since you have to meander past the pool and then out on a long dock. Quicker to just go to the GCH and take the monorail. We liked that Longhouse location- nice and quiet too. Plus- pre-reno- it has two sinks in the bathroom.

Enjoy your stay!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: