Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #721
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Oooh freakin love the shirts!! Where did you get the Disigns???
It's a website called Miss Morgan Design! They are iron on decals and kind of a PITA because each layer of color is a separate decal and they have to be line up and applied separately, but they do come out really nice!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 03-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #722
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Well, now I know why I haven't received my state refund. I'm being audited again. This is the third time!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #723
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Well, now I know why I haven't received my state refund. I'm being audited again. This is the third time!
So sorry to hear that I was audited by IRS once cause I calculated my penalty from cashing in my IRA wrong ended up owning $1200

Hope you don't owe Dani

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 03-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #724
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
So sorry to hear that I was audited by IRS once cause I calculated my penalty from cashing in my IRA wrong ended up owning $1200

Hope you don't owe Dani
I don't think I will. I have to prove my income (so dumb) and they want proof of my child care costs.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #725
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Just typed a whooooole long post and lost it all!!! quick recap/ not as detailed:

wanted to stop by and say hi to all my friends before heading to BC to see my Dad who is in critical condition at Abbotsford hospital....frantically packing and sorting things out as it is very impromptu and we decided to drive 13 hours from Alberta to BC through the Canadian Rockies, as flights where outrageous. DH is coming with me, i'll do his dressing changes on the road. DS Josh (20) and extra driver, and DS ANdrew 17 are coming too -- most likely our last family road trip, just wish it was under better circumstances! we will probably stop by the island too, (Victoria) to see Als parents as they where having health issues and haven't seen Allan since the accident. Pray for decent weather through the mountain passes! we'll be back home April 2 as Allan goes to see the surgeon on the 3rd to have his pins removed.
Thankful it's spring break, andrew won't miss any school at least!

some awesome news and a big bright spot of sun in my otherwise dreary month -- OUR Christine has agreed to be my roomie and join me on our DIVA trip next FEB 26-MAr2 in Disneyland!! we'll be jammin it up at the GRAND CALIFORNIAN HOTEL! soooo happy to finally get to meet her and have a friendly face by my side for the girls trip! It will be awesome as our LINDA and her daughter Jessica will be there too!!! just like a little RCer meet! I am sooo excited and happy to be going and this will get me through the year for sure

back on April 3, will miss you all but will try to read and keep somewhat up to date :P

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 03-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #726
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Just typed a whooooole long post and lost it all!!! quick recap/ not as detailed:

wanted to stop by and say hi to all my friends before heading to BC to see my Dad who is in critical condition at Abbotsford hospital....frantically packing and sorting things out as it is very impromptu and we decided to drive 13 hours from Alberta to BC through the Canadian Rockies, as flights where outrageous. DH is coming with me, i'll do his dressing changes on the road. DS Josh (20) and extra driver, and DS ANdrew 17 are coming too -- most likely our last family road trip, just wish it was under better circumstances! we will probably stop by the island too, (Victoria) to see Als parents as they where having health issues and haven't seen Allan since the accident. Pray for decent weather through the mountain passes! we'll be back home April 2 as Allan goes to see the surgeon on the 3rd to have his pins removed.

some awesome news and a big bright spot of sun in my otherwise dreary month -- OUR Christine has agreed to be my roomie and join me on our DIVA trip next FEB 26-MAr2 in Disneyland!! we'll be jammin it up at the GRAND CALIFORNIAN HOTEL! soooo happy to finally get to meet her and have a friendly face by my side for the girls trip! It will be awesome as our LINDA and her daughter Jessica will be there too!!! just like a little RCer meet! I am sooo excited and happy to be going and this will get me through the year for sure

back on April 3, will miss you all but will try to read and keep somewhat up to date :P
Oh Marie, please drive carefully. We did that drive mid summer and it was still hairy in parts. I know you have to go though, and I am so sorry it is under such circumstances. Thinking of you....be careful.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #727
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I don't think I will. I have to prove my income (so dumb) and they want proof of my child care costs.

Sorry Dani, that stinks. Just a headache.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #728
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post

Marie

Sorry to hear Dad is in critical cond. Have a good trip be safe. Great news about your trip to DL and your roomie

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 03-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #729
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Marie so sorry to hear about your dad. Safe travels down. The weather here the past few days has been we just got back from a few days in Whistler.
Under better circumstances we could have met for a coffee! But doesn't sound like you'll have the time, between seeing your dad and running over to the Island.

But on the off chance you do, PM me!

Congrats on your DL trip!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 03-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #730
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
So, I had to take DD6 to a birthday party today and while I was gone DH got busy doing this

He did such a good job!!!!!

Jen Cute pic of the girls!!!
Impressive! They turned out really nice!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 03-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #731
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Marie: I wish you safe travels and we're all thinking of you.

Quote:
Kook: UGH!!!! How frustrating!!! I sorry.
Thanks, Jen, this is crazy, but DH has worked for the DoD for 26 years so many crazy things have happened over the years. Better now though than when I was a newlywed at 19!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

KOOK Sucks having to wait longer to know what is going on.

Good Morning to All of my RC Family. Bright and sunny here with some snow still on the ground but boy is it Cold out today Brrrrrrrrrrrr
I don't know if the postponement is a good sign or bad sign, but it's time to move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Hopefully they can come up with a well reasoned plan. Of course, it would have been better if they had already come up with one.

I'm sorry y'all weren't able to leave on vacation. Being frustrated by the government.
Well, they've only had since 2011 to plan for this and they just kept assuring everyone that it would be changed by the President or Congress...forward two years later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Kook, Ginny, MM, Melissa.... keeping good thoughts for you and your familes on the sequester issue..

Kook, any dates and resort possibilities for a summer trip?
----------------------------------------------------
Sam and I will be heading out to the Ed Sheeran/Taylor Swift concert one week from today...meeting up with a friend and her daughters... and hopefully with our Pas in the morning!!
I can't wait to hear about the concert and your meeting our PasTASTIC, Jeanette. Will she be coming off a long shift again?

You always say just the right thing, Janet. Funny you should ask about dates...

DH practically forced me yesterday to book whatever I'd like for anytime in July. I froze since I've been putting off any decisions until furlough notification. He assured me that no matter what happens he's taking leave and worse case, we can always go without him. That would be a first (other than when he was deployed) so I guess I really have no excuse at all now to not book today. I narrowed down dates and resorts, but as always, I'm mildly resort conflicted and I don't know at this rather late date what rooms are still available with the military rate since I have to call to find out. If I don't book something today and put up a new ticker, I think DH will have a fit so off I go to planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Kook - did you reschedule your vacation? Sorry for all the craziness. I hope they figure it out soon!
Thank you - all of you for asking. You guys know just what makes a perpetual RC smile

If I don't book something today, DH will have a fit. Yesterday, I said I would book after we came back from dinner, but I didn't and he said that can only mean that I just don't want to go. Gadzooks, that is not my problem! I'm just conflicted is all. DH is almost as conflicted as I am. Review this transcript, please for proof of familial resort confusion:

DH: You need to just book something and not worry about the furlough. I need a vacation. So, where do you want to stay?

KOOK: Where do you want to stay?

DH: How about CR CL?

KOOK: Not BLT?

DH: I like BLT, but a CR room is fine, too. What about Poly?

KOOK: Poly??? The resort we have a love/hate relationship with? Well, the Hawaii bldg. was just rehabbed and I said I would never stay there again until they rehab the longhouses and we've not tried CL there

DH: Anything is great at CR, I love CR or Poly is fine, I really don't care as long as I can walk to something and we're on water. I also love an Epcot resort so we can walk to DHS and Epcot.

KOOK: Oh, you want to do a split? DD doesn't like splits.

DH: I don't mind splits, you do all the work anyway.

DD (overhearing) calls out: It doesn't matter what you do, you'll just change it!

KOOK: I don't want to change it, I want to book something and actually not change a thing (really, this is true, but not a reality based comment).

KOOK: How about a Deluxe Garden Wing room?

DH: I don't care as long as it's at CR, but I really love being in the Tower so I can see Bay Lake.

DD: I'd rather go to Europe

KOOK:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Hi RCers: Time to right THAT wrong of no Poly CL for Mom ... we are booked at Poly CL TPV in 3 weeks. Not long, just 2 nights. But we are looking forward to new rooms, Wishes from our patio or the lounge (I prefer to hear Wishes), a relaxed regiment of MK, DtD and Poly only, and hopefully still moderate temps for mom. Since her birthday falls in June and she can't take the heat , we've done her "birthday present" trip in April for the last few years and it has worked out quite well. She is such a spoiled Disney princess. I know she only wants Poly so she can LOVING GAZE at her favorite CR across the Seven Seas Lagoon.

I am thinking of all our furlough-affected RCers. Ugh to the waiting... and waiting... and waiting.
I am selfishly and eagerly awaiting your Poly CL review. Hurry up and go so we can get your honest thoughts on CL and the newly rehabbed Hawaii bldg! That place has had such negative reviews that I am really hoping they are starting to turn things around so I can consider booking there again. Have there been some positive reviews on the Poly thread Re. room condition and customer service? I've only looked at AllEars and TripAdvisor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Green"]The DH and I just finished up with almost all the bookings for our San Antonio trip. We didn't get the one we wanted, but I think we got a good one that we'll be just as happy with. We were able to book the Grand Hyatt San Antonio (which is right by the mall), for $92 per night. In total, it's half the price of the room we were going to book over looking the Alamo. Right now, the room is paid for, Sea World tickets are paid for, and I just need to get the movie tickets bought. Then I will have everything paid for that I can pay for ahead of time.
I love the River Walk and sipping a nice Margarita. I miss TX. You're going to have a great spring break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Only 4 more days and I'll be at my 7 month booking date!!!! I should be able to book the first week of my trip for F&W then wait a week for another 7 month window and book the rest of the trip!!!!

Now where should I stay?????

OKW: cheap points = longer stay ... love the boat to DTD, the music at the pool

AKV: my favorite pools of all the resort pools, animals, lobby, reasonable point cost

BWV or BCV: F&W so really hard to get ..... I did luck out and get 4 nights at BWV last year during F&W so you never know

VWL: it's just home!

Any ideas????
Can you book Kidani and then you'd have two bathrooms? Otherwise, I'd go with 'home' VWL. Very convenient transportation options and it should be easy to get.

Quote:
Just wanted to post a little pic...we were at our little local mall this afternoon and the DD's just had to see the Easter Bunny! Who knew???

Hey, that's not Mickey Mouse...

So cute - love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch View Post
I stayed at the Polynesian last year as part of my Graduation present and loved it, especially the convenience of getting around. I stayed at the Wilderness when I was younger, and despite me LOVING and I MEAN LOVING the theme of the Pacific Northwest, I just have to jump at that Poly deal.

I booked rack rate for the Wilderness in October, and it was going to cost roughly 400 per night, and if my room was eligible for the normal 20% discount, I was looking at 320 a night.
to the thread!

Rack rate is crazy - you did the right thing to book with a better discount. What Poly room did you book?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #732
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

I booked a normal garden view but requested either;

A newly done room, by October more of the long houses should be done.

Or a room with a balcony.

Or something in Tokelau
Old 03-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #733
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch View Post
I booked a normal garden view but requested either;

A newly done room, by October more of the long houses should be done.

Or a room with a balcony.

Or something in Tokelau
I hope you get all of your requests. A newly rehabbed longhouse would be my #1 request and then 3rd floor so there would be no one above me and you'd have a balcony.

Is your vacation coming up soon? Have you made any ADRs yet?
Old 03-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #734
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

I'm going to start venting. Last year where 13 year old me planned the whole thing was fantastic! Poly club level my dream! After that Mom starts talking up going to St. John. I played along but I'm very persuasive. I get my way and we're going back to the mouse.

We have to take the whole family time. Which is Me, Mom, Dad and my brother Chris. We need a lot of space because Chris is like 15 and takes about have the room and then hits his head on the ceiling. We start talking about going into the final frontier, Disney Vacation Club. Not sharing but staying there. We decide on a 2 bedroom villa Congress Park Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa. But Mom likes to weigh options.

Using Magical Vacations she adds to the running either Yacht Club or Grand Floridian. I choose GF because I like it better. It's prettier and has better rooms IN MY OPINION. Not a troll. But since I saw on Tikiman's facebook page the Poly Hawaii refurbishment we simply have to see what it looks like in person. So add Poly CL to the race!

But since DD is coming along we decide it might be fun to plan a surprise Split stay at Port Orleans and maybe deluxe Beach Club CL. After we through that into the game we decide maybe Poly CL instead of Beach Club! Now its one big race. I have no idea who is winning.

Final plan I hope: August 8-21 first 3 nights at Port Orleans Riverside then the rest at Poly CL.

Last edited by Princess Katherine; 03-24-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #735
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I hope you get all of your requests. A newly rehabbed longhouse would be my #1 request and then 3rd floor so there would be no one above me and you'd have a balcony.

Is your vacation coming up soon? Have you made any ADRs yet?
It's not until October 27-November 2

My 180+10 starts April 30
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: