Old 03-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #498
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

Good day today

Bike 20 minutes
Tai Chi 20 Minutes
Stretching 22 minutes

786/600

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #499
DisneyMagicMomma
Mouseketeer

717/500

83 minutes of Walking with Leslie Sansone!

~ T i f f a n y

WDW- 1/2007, 5/2010, anticipating 10/2014 After graduation of nursing school
DisneyMagicMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #500
GoofyPredsFan
Mouseketeer

Hi all! I did a good work out this morning with my daughter who is doing after school conditioning, so she's teaching me some moves! 60 minutes today.

750/1000

Now, I kinda feel like I wasted it all away because we had a delicious lunch at Carrabba's today. I'm so full!! But it's our anniversary, so we figured we had to have some kind of fun!
Old 03-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #501
mrsdrake625
DIS Veteran

list updated for the evening

Awesome job everyone!! Still a whole week left to finish out our goals... or if you're Disneymagicmomma, go for 200%! (Probably should make a new color for that one).

40 mins for me today. Hal Hidgon told me it was time to run a 5k "test" in order to get ready for the real thing (one month away!!). Amazingly, I was actually nervous today thinking about it, right up to driving over to the neighborhood I run in. And nobody was even there to watch! The goal was to learn from the experience and prepare better for race day.

I learned: I went out WAAAY to fast (nerves?), and I need to not have twice as much coffee as normal on race day. Buzzzzz!! My HR was through the roof.

I also took MRSAR and Figment1990's advice about the Garmin, thanks! Much better experience this time, fully charged and I started the "search" while I stretched and warmed up.

The good part is that having that out of the way now, the "real" one will not be so intimidating. I hope. Last time I ran a 5k was less than ten years ago but it's still been a while. I never trained properly for that 5k, so my only goal for this one was to beat that 5k time (having actually trained this time) and I managed to "PR" in the test run, so a good omen so far. Guess Hal knows what he's doing! Don't know if I should hope to run even faster on race day or just "see what happens" but either way, I'm much healthier than I was before and that should be enough.

(I'm using the 5k Intermediate, slightly modified, and I really like it. Challenging but realistic.)
Old 03-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #502
Debbie19
Mouseketeer

45 minutes walking

445/1000

Debbie
Old 03-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #503
2TxAgs
DIS Veteran

Congrats to all the WISH green folks - yay!

I ran/walked 5.5miles today in honor of my running buddy who ran her first half marathon today - woohoo for her! It was my longest distance to date, so I'm feeling pretty good about my effort too. :-)

GoofyPredsFan - after my run, I stopped at MickeyDs for an ice cream sundae, so you weren't the only one to waste a bit of the effort. On the other hand, we should be allowed an occasionaly reward, huh?

Mrsdrake - hahaha on the coffee - I thought rather than the buzz you were going to stay that you were looking for portapotty.

3/22 - 35 minutes at the fitness center (treadmill and bike)
3/23 - 84 minutes run/walk

726/800

W/kids
Dec 2000, Dec 2001, Aug 2007, Jun 2009, Aug 2010
W/O kids
Oct 2001, Apr 2008, May 2011

Last edited by 2TxAgs; 03-23-2013 at 06:25 PM.
2TxAgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #504
Dis*Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
Hi dis*mom- I know what you are saying- I barely fit in my goal minutes of 800. I know 800 is still good but it's not 2000, or 3000 like some people. Personally around 800-1000 is literally all I can squeeze in and I am ok w that. I mostly workout at night while DH gives DS a bath and gets him ready for bed. Sometimes DS will be patient w me and let me do a DVD which he actually "does" with me. And other times I just squeeze in a few minutes here and there where I can (like brushing my teeth, situps before bed, etc). Before having my son I worked out a lot more - nearly every day after work for at least an hour but now with dh at a new job early in the am and a young child who needs to be watched and driven everywhere, I just try my best to do what I need to fit it in. I do stick to at least three workouts a week no excuses tho- I think my family can "give" me at least that much time for my health. It's also why I like running and circuit training-hard workout in a short amount of time. I have a treadmill in my basement too- that helps when dh is out of town so I can run once DS is asleep.
Thank you for the response Figment - makes me feel better about my numbers. I'm just going to try and fit in minutes when I can and not stress about my totals
Old 03-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #505
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdrake625
Awesome job everyone!! Still a whole week left to finish out our goals... or if you're Disneymagicmomma, go for 200%! (Probably should make a new color for that one).

40 mins for me today. Hal Hidgon told me it was time to run a 5k "test" in order to get ready for the real thing (one month away!!). Amazingly, I was actually nervous today thinking about it, right up to driving over to the neighborhood I run in. And nobody was even there to watch! The goal was to learn from the experience and prepare better for race day.

I learned: I went out WAAAY to fast (nerves?), and I need to not have twice as much coffee as normal on race day. Buzzzzz!! My HR was through the roof.

I also took MRSAR and Figment1990's advice about the Garmin, thanks! Much better experience this time, fully charged and I started the "search" while I stretched and warmed up.

The good part is that having that out of the way now, the "real" one will not be so intimidating. I hope. Last time I ran a 5k was less than ten years ago but it's still been a while. I never trained properly for that 5k, so my only goal for this one was to beat that 5k time (having actually trained this time) and I managed to "PR" in the test run, so a good omen so far. Guess Hal knows what he's doing! Don't know if I should hope to run even faster on race day or just "see what happens" but either way, I'm much healthier than I was before and that should be enough.

(I'm using the 5k Intermediate, slightly modified, and I really like it. Challenging but realistic.)
Mrsdrake-
Thanks for updating tonight and congrats on your run. Your post just reminded me so much of myself last year that I had to post. I didn't "do sports" in school or anything, just dance and ice skating and majorette, so this foray into running in races was a total departure for me last year. I used to get nervous about performing but I figured that was because other people were watching. I was totally not expecting the nerves I felt before every new long training run! I mean, no one was watching, no one was timing (except for me)? But every other weekend i'd bounce around the house checking the weather every other minute, untangling my iPod headphones and generally feeling nervous. I don't know why! I guess it's because it was new and I wanted to do it well, after all, I wasnt planning to just go back out and run 12 more miles in a few days if this didn't go well. But it did prepare me for my pre-race jitters. My nerves were still there. The adrenaline was still pumping on race day. Especially in the moments before the start of my corral. But at least I knew that I could handle those nerves bc they had happened in practice.

I also think one of the most valuable things you can learn in training is to not go out too fast. That single thing can affect your experience so much. Trust your training. That's my mantra.

Now let's see if I can remember all that in 6 weeks when I do my first 5k!

Good luck on your race!!!

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #506
JimB.
DIS Veteran

80 minutes cardio yesterday
GATOR NATION RULES!!!
JimB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:15 AM   #507
araes2102
Mouseketeer

No formal exercise today, went to the Renaissance Festival though I was walking around for about 8 hours, my BodyMedia armband said I was active for 2 hours. But I'm not going to count those as exercise minutes just wanted to let you know I wasn't MIA, just taking a day off

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #508
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

30 minutes on the spin bike

697/650
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #509
KateB
Mouseketeer

Adding another hour and 10 minutes

840/1000

Getting so close...
August 2012- 3 year Anniversary- Saratoga Springs!!!!

KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #510
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

50 minutes on the elliptical yesterday brings me to 1064/1400

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: