Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #16
starousse
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #17
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

nolajax you really should what are your ADR's????
WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #18
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

starousse thanks for joining in!!!

Now onto lunch at Le Cellier I have to preface this by saying I never eaten at Le Cellier when it was not a signature I have eaten there a few times as one but I never was able to get in when it was not. I am saying this because so many seem to think "it is not what it once was" or "its over priced" but to me this restaurant is FANTASTIC really blew Yachtsman out of the water (you will see this when I review it later) now onto the review

Okay so we had just walked all around the Flower and Garden Festival so I was starving!!! I really think the walk up to Le Cellier is beautiful and rarely crowded I love that it makes me feel like I am somewhere else

These new menus were really cool if you have been to Skyline on the Disney Dream or Fantasy they were similar ( Personally I liked Skylines better because they were actual LED menus and Le Cellier was just a paper on a light but either way it was neat)

Now onto the food!

Apps:
Heirloom Tomato Salad - Mozzarella, Watermelon, and Minus "8" Vinegar $12.00 This was absolutely FANTASTIC!!! The tomatoes are actual vine ripened tomatoes and they are grown in the Land they really were the best app and they were really the best Tomato's I personally have ever eaten!

Seared Scallops - with Butternut Squash, Red Pepper Jam, Pickled Mushrooms, and Rice Vinegar Gastrique $14.00 These were just average the flavors were good but the scallops were not they were chewy and really I struggled to eat two...I love scallops but these left quite a lot to be desired

Assortment of Artisanal Cheese - with Chef's Selection of Dried Fruits and Preserves $14.00 This cheese plate was okay not great not nearly as good as Flying Fish or Artist Point but it was Okay

Now onto the BEST Part Entrees:

Okay so I know whenever you go to Le Cellier you have to order the Filet with the Risotto this is what my parents both ordered and they both said it is still the best steak on property hands down!!!
Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon - 8 oz. Canadian AAA Beef Tenderloin with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle butter sauce and micro chervil $43.00

Now I really have always agreed with my parents that that Filet is the best however the waitress recommended the
Grilled Bone-in Ribeye - 18-20 oz. bone-in ribeye with herb-parmesan potato wedges and roasted garlic butter $46.00
I really thought she was crazy! Over the coveted Le Cellier Filet??? But she told me she could get me the Ribeye with the risotto and white truffle butter sauce I took a chance....

OKAY LET ME TELL YOU THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER EATEN!!!!!!!!!!
Honestly this blew my mind I cannot say how great it was!!! Really I was in seventh heaven!!!!

Dessert:
No desserts really sounded great to me so she let me order a tea I am a really big tea fan and this was pretty darn good

My Mom ordered something I cannot remember what it was called but it was pretty good

Okay so here is my two cents... The steak at Le Cellier is really incredible in my opinion the best on property honestly the Ribeye was the best thing I have ever eaten in my entire life! So Entrees I would give Le Cellier a 10 I also love the atmosphere and my service was FANTASTIC too! However the Dessert and the Apps are not always the best so I would give this a 9.5 out of 10 really really great place I think anyone who likes steak at all should go to Le Cellier:

Last edited by WDWFANCBIIIME; 03-23-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #19
SMWfamily
Stinkerbell

How funny, I also have a picture of the Grapefruit cake in my recent trip report.

Did someone say Disney food? I am a complete foodie, but the people I usually go with to Disney aren't... meaning, my husband and kids. So nice to see someone who knows where to get the good stuff on property! Brown Derby is the BEST!

Our JULY 2013 Montage - Turn it up!!
7/9/13-7/14/13 Roasting our *** off at Silver Lake Resort. 7/14-7/17 Bonnet Creek
5/12 Four GLORIOUS days at Contempo. Kid free. (conference)
3/11 Food and Wine Festival (one day)
3/10 CBR - first time staying on property!
Our 2010 Montage - the kids were so little!
New! Convention TR 2012 - Now With More Zombie Flesh!
SMWfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #20
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

SMWfamily lol food is why we go to Disney right??? But I am in the middle of planning my next trip and it is for my brothers 9th birthday so I guess he chooses the restaurants but I am managing to sneak in California Grill if its open if not we will do Narcoossees for his actual birthday and then I am also going to do Citrico's so I cannot complain too much I guess
Old 03-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #21
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

So after Le Cellier we did a quick lap around World Showcase and then headed back to the resort to rest before dinner at Flying Fish

Once resting up after the 20 ounce steak from Le Cellier a few hours earlier we headed over to Hollywood Studios for a quick bit before taking the boat to Flying Fish,

This is a quick picture of my family and I just liked this sign at the studios

Now onto Flying Fish this is right up there as my one of my favorite restaurants on property I had dined there this summer with a friend but it was my families first time, I was looking really really forward to showing this gen off!!!

Before I post any pictures I apologize because some pictures turned out really well and others did not so some of these are from a past trip however they are MY PICTURES and only a couple months old!!! Now on with the show

It was pretty cool because Micky Dolenz of the Monkees was waiting for a table when we were

Apps:

Our Chef's Degustation of Worldly Artisanal Cheeses - Five Tasting Portions and accompaniments Raisins on the Vine, Spanish Membrillo with a Bing cherry, Honeycomb, Bermuda onion, kiln-dried Cherry and Currant compote Agrodolce $18.00 : This Cheese Plate really blew Le Celliers out of the water it was EXCELLENT I really recommend it!!! Best Cheese Plate I have had on property and maybe the best I have had anywhere really great!

Fresh Mozzarella di Bufala - Florida Yellow Beefsteak, Ugli-ripe and tiny grape Tomatoes, aged Balsamico, Exotic Peppercorns, Petite Basil, and Sicilian Olio Verde $15.00: This was just okay not as good as earlier I would do the Cheese Plate instead...

Yellowfin Tuna Tartare and Crispy Tempura Tuna-Vegetable Sushi Roll - Hijiki and Wakame Seaweed, Yuzu Tobiko, Wasabi Foam, with Sweet-and-Spicy Sauce $18.00: Okay here is my two sense about this... I am new to Sushi and I guess I found out I do not like it it just was not me but I am sure it was very very good Sushi!!!

Chardonnay-steamed PEI "Canadian Cove" Mussels - Fennel, Chiles, Pesto Crema, and Ciabatta Crostini $18.00: These Mussels were great!!! I really really enjoyed them!!!

Crispy Sesame and Togarashi-scented Calamari - Spiced Green Papaya, Wakame, and Vegetable Julienne, with Asian Dipping Sauce $15.00 This was honestly the best Calamari I have ever eaten ANYWHERE! Trust me everyone at the table agreed it really was fantastic!!! We eat Calamari everywhere like literally everywhere so this truly was fantastic!!!

Entree:

For me there is only one Entree here and it is the Signature Flying Fish Cafe Entree Duo:Char-crusted Angus NY Strip Steak and Potato-wrapped Red Snapper $47.00: It really is great! The steak is extremely good and the Snapper is equally as good really both are great and they give you a pretty nice portion of each one

Desserts:
Every Dessert really was great!

Trio of Concession Sweets - Out on the Boardwalk - Popcorn Mousse and Caramel Corn, Cherry-limeade popsicle, dark chocolate fudge burger, and pound cake fries $9.00

Caramel-Chocolate-Brioche Bread Pudding - Vanilla-praline gelato, spicy pecan brittle, and a cinnamon Anglaise sauce $8.00

Our Signature Flying Fish Café Caramelized Banana Napoleon - crisp phyllo, banana mousse, creme caramel, exotic fruit coulis and bitter chocolate $8.00

Mickey's Chocolate Puzzle - white chocolate puzzle, sugar paints, creamy-topped chocolate cupcake $8.00

Tea:

This Restaurant really is incredible I have never had a bad meal and every time the service had been Excellent! I really do not have anything but great things to say about Flying Fish it is arguably the best restaurant on WDW property and I really think it is as good as any restaurant anywhere! I rate it a 10/10 every time!!!!!!! : ixiedust:

Last edited by WDWFANCBIIIME; 03-23-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:19 AM   #22
Nightenbelle
Earning My Ears

Nifty trip report. I'm following and taking notes!!
Nightenbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #23
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Great reviews! You will never find better mussels anywhere other than FF, I don't care what anyone says. That was the first place I've ever had them and I've ordered them at restaurants over the years and none COMPARE to theirs!!
Old 03-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #24
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Alright guys after Flying Fish it was later in the evening so we headed back to the resort and went to bed.

I am not really an Animal Kingdom person but a good reason to go is for Yak and Yeti it really is a favorite of ours so I was hoping that it would not disappoint

Before lunch we made the dash over to Expedition Everest to get Fast Passes and then headed to Kilimanjaro Safaris, I know that everyone who is reading this has probable ridden this a time or two but I did get a few good pictures so I would love to share them

I really enjoyed this ride and between this and Yak and Yeti Animal Kingdom is worth attending haha

Yak and Yeti is coming up next...
Old 03-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #25
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Yak and Yeti!!!

I have to say I love the decor in this restaurant it is really out there and fun! We were sat up on the second floor and it was really fun. It is almost like a Museum with all of the cool little artifacts! This has a really great atmosphere I think it ranks right up there with Liberty Tree, Rainforest, T-Rex but I think the food is A LOT better here too! (I know it has the same owners as T-Rex and Rainforest)

Now onto the food

Apps:

Dim Sum Basket for Two - Pork pot stickers, shrimp siu mai, cha su bao, and pork sie mai steamed on a banana leaf, soy lime dipping sauce $13.99 I really love the presentation of this dish I think it is very good as far as food too

Pork Pot Stickers - pan seared or steamed, soy lime dipping sauce $8.99: Very good pot stickers I really enjoyed them

Entree:
Kobe Beef Burger - 10 oz grilled American Kobe beef burger, sesame-soy sauce, mayonnaise, crispy shoestring fries. topped with choice of shiitake mushroom & scallion compote or Asian slaw $18.49: This is the best burger on Property hands DOWN it really is very very very good!!!

Crispy Mahi Mahi - filet of mahi mahi, Japanese bread crumbs, Cantonese sweet and sour sauce, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables $23.99: I think this left a little to be desired it was OKAY at best not nearly as good as the Burger...

Stir-Fried Beef and Broccoli - flank steak, broccoli, brown sauce $18.99: again good not great the Burger and the steak are the two best things on the menu!

Dessert:
Everyone ordered the Fried Wontons - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle $7.99: These are so incredibly good I just love them so much its ridiculous maybe this is the best dessert on property

Overall this is is a very good restaurant as far as in park restaurants this is hard to beat I love the decor the atmosphere really I think it is a very good restaurant! Overall I would give it a 7.5/10 I think its good restaurant not great but pretty good!

Old 03-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #26
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Alright guys after Yak and Yeti we headed back to the resort for a little break....

After the break we went and took a little trip around World Showcase before my most anticipated meal of the trip Jiko

The Lion King has always been a favorite of mine so my Dad had to have a picture of me with this topiary

After this we went around each country and stumbled upon Winnie the Pooh and Tigger in Christopher Robins bedroom

So after this we took a quick bus ride over to Jiko: Some of the pictures were not the best but the food here really was just fantastic!!!

I think this Lobby is just amazing it truly is Jaw Dropping every time I enter it...

I love the entry to this restaurant the color scheme is really great! I even love the menu board...

So I have to say one of the coolest experiences for me happened as we were lead to our table by an African Student, you could tell he was excited to see young kids as it is a little rare at Jiko being as upscale as it is, anyway as we were walking he reached out and walked hand in hand with my brothers all the way to the table they are not normally really comfortable with other people but it was really cool how they went right with him they felt special and all evening they were treated like royalty I just thought this was a really cool thing!

Now onto the meal...

Apps:

Za'atar-rubbed Lamb - cranberry pear chutney, Point Reyes Blue Cheese $12.99
This Flatbread was INCREDIBLE I enjoy blue cheese but I would never think to pair it with Lamb and Cranberry Pear Chutney... All I can say was WOW really I recommend it to anyone!

Now after trying that I did not think it was possible to top it but I was greatly mistaken the Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin - with Mealie Pap, Chakalaka, White Truffle Oil and Micro Cilantro $16.00 truly was the most incredible app I have ever eaten I cannot describe how great all of the flavors were honestly I would go to Jiko again just for these two apps!!!

Entrees:
Everyone ordered the original Filet with the Mac and Cheese... It was very very good, honestly we had some incredible steaks on this trip and this one was good but it just could not stand up to the others it was just missing that something... I would go to Jiko and order it again but I think there are probably better things on the menu... honestly both apps were better so I would imagine other entrees were too...

Again like I said earlier they treated my brothers like royalty this was the best kids steak they were served it really was a great cut of meat!!!

Dessert:

LIke I said earlier I am a big tea person so I just could not pass up the Chocolate and Tea Safari
Vanilla Rooibos-Tanzanian Chocolate Cake, Free Form “Kit Kat”, and Green Tea Ice Cream 10.00... it was very very good!!!

Jiko "Fruit Fun " - Push Pop and finger treats $7.00 was a really cool kids dessert as well as the Safari S'mores - A Jiko version of a Campfire Favorite $6.00 both were really cool!!

Overall:

Jiko really is a fantastic restaurant I love the upscale atmosphere, open kitchen and of course the food is great too! I would give the apps a 10 for sure and the entree a solid 8 it was good but missing something... the service was like the filet and prolly an 8 out of 10...
So my final rating was a....10 out of 10 really this restaurant is extremely good! The food is great but something about the atmosphere just makes me love it even more really really a great restaurant I would recommend it to anyone!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #27
swebb0310
Mouseketeer

Your trip sounds fantastic!! I'm going down on Monday!yay! We don't have the dining plan this trip though. However, I have been trying to convince my friends who are going with me this summer to get the deluxe plan.... Your report makes me think I need to turn up my persuasion efforts!
swebb0310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #28
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Love your pics!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:16 PM   #29
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great Flying Fish review! I am going there for the first time in April and am excited!

That kid smores dessert at Jiko is adorable! I Love it!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:17 AM   #30
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Before I made it to post 24, I'm thinkin' - did they ride any rides??? (Not that that is necessary .... ha) Love Flying Fish! Agree w/ Jiko! We have reservations for lunch at the Brown Derby on my birthday in May - then dinner at Shula's. Write on ....
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (2) & OKW Grand Villa; 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; VGF & OKW; UPCOMING TRIPS: - 2014: SSR & OKW - December
SusieBea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deluxe dining plan, food pics, new fantasy land, signature restaurants

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: