Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #301
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisSmis
Great trip report! It is getting me very excited for our October trip. We will have the same issue with my conference dates dictating our trip and I will nervously await the Halloween party schedule!
Thanks Laney! Hope you have a great trip!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #302
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarrose1306
I just read up to date on your TR. thank you so much for sharing all your adventures. I'm doing my first solo trip the end of April and am a little nervous about some things. I've planned a couple character meals but am apprehensive about being solo and I don't have much solo dining experience to begin with. I can't wait for the next update!
Thanks for checking out my TR! I just realized I never posted my final update of my dining experience at Napa Rose. Will have to get on that. Been busy working on my other TR for WDW in January.

Solo trips can be a lot of fun as you completely dictate the pace and plans with a lot of flexibility. And there are a good number of solo diners in and out of Disney so shouldn't worry Please let me know if you have any questions about your solo trip (pm or on here) and would be happy to help out! You'll have a great time!

Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #303
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...

Just read through your TR (the Parks part, anyway) and thoroughly enjoyed it! Your pictures were awesome! I have recently decided that one day I am going to take a (short) solo Disney trip! Not any time soon, though, since I stay home with our three still-very-small kiddos. It sounds so fun and relaxing though!

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip))
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #304
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
Just read through your TR (the Parks part, anyway) and thoroughly enjoyed it! Your pictures were awesome! I have recently decided that one day I am going to take a (short) solo Disney trip! Not any time soon, though, since I stay home with our three still-very-small kiddos. It sounds so fun and relaxing though!
Thanks for finding my TR!

I think a solo trip is definitely a worthy experience. Hope you get to try it sometime soon!

Old 03-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #305
Briarrose1306
Mouseketeer

I think my biggest dining worry about being solo is character meals. Have you ever done one solo? And if not, what are your thoughts about doing them solo? I'm looking at possibly doing 2 or 3.
Disneyland - BW Anaheim October 2013 Little Brother's Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Anaheim June/July 2013 First Solo Trip
Disneyland - DLH April/May 2013 Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's Christmas 2012 Family Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's October 2012 Little Brother's Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's July 2012 First Disney Trip with Boyfriend
Disneyland - BW Stovall's & Anaheim Valentine's 2012 Family Trip
Disneyland - BW Anaheim December 2011 Brother/Sister Trip
Disneyland - BWPPI May 2011 Father/Daughter Trip - The Beginning of the Annual Passport
14 Disneyland Trips between 1984-2010
Briarrose1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #306
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarrose1306 View Post
I think my biggest dining worry about being solo is character meals. Have you ever done one solo? And if not, what are your thoughts about doing them solo? I'm looking at possibly doing 2 or 3.
I didn't get to do character dining during my solo trip mostly because of time limitations and I wanted to get as much park touring as I could.

I have seen a fair number of people do solo character dining during my trips to Disney World so I don't think you should feel out of place. The characters themselves treat you just the same whether you are a solo diner or not. And if you are already comfortable with chatting and interacting with the characters (especially the ones that don't talk), then I think you'll be fine.

I've seen solo diners usually would ask one of the server CMs to take a picture of them with the characters. Sometimes, I've seen them ask the character handler CM to snap a picture if they happen to be standing nearby. And of course you could ask one of the fellow guests at a nearby table but I wouldn't abuse that opportunity too much. I once had a solo diner sitting next to our table who asked three times in a row if I could take a picture and it got a little disruptive for my taste.

Another tip for solo dining in general (and not just for character meals) that I learned from all of my conference travels; I usually find myself chatting a lot more with my servers when I'm dining by myself. Not to the point where I am disrupting their workflow. And at Disney, this is even more fun and easier to do because the CMs usually have some good stories to tell.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #307
Briarrose1306
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the advice. That is one of my main worries is bugging other families to take my picture, so I'd be pretty careful about that. I'll take the other tips into consideration. Thanks again!
Disneyland - BW Anaheim October 2013 Little Brother's Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Anaheim June/July 2013 First Solo Trip
Disneyland - DLH April/May 2013 Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's Christmas 2012 Family Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's October 2012 Little Brother's Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's July 2012 First Disney Trip with Boyfriend
Disneyland - BW Stovall's & Anaheim Valentine's 2012 Family Trip
Disneyland - BW Anaheim December 2011 Brother/Sister Trip
Disneyland - BWPPI May 2011 Father/Daughter Trip - The Beginning of the Annual Passport
14 Disneyland Trips between 1984-2010
Briarrose1306 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: