Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 06:00 AM   #1171
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Just changed my May reservation from the Beach Club to the yacht Club. I am a retired cast member and the deal they had was only available at the YC. So, I have to change to a standard view, but I got the DDP and saved $1.303.79!!!!!
My husband is thrilled. Love being retired from Disney.
I'll make the adjustment to the list!

Sounds like a super smart move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalgirl2010 View Post
I'm so excited! We just booked today for my 21st birthday trip!!! We are staying at YC! I just wanted to say thanks to this thread for all the information and helping to make the decision of where to stay!

Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1? When is your trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
Absolutely. Please feel free to use anything I post. This is the only BCV villa I've been in so I don't know if there are any differences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Aunt View Post
Here's another BCV room safe photo, from March 2012:

That's an iPad 2 in there. The red thing behind it is the cover, folded back.

One day we put two iPod Touches in there with the iPad. That was about all we could fit in there.

These photos always make the safe look like a walk-in closet.
Thanks for all of the safe info, everyone!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:06 AM   #1172
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by triciari View Post
That's my fear. Downgrading is never fun!
Still you are probably able to use the lounge until midnight of your check out day (someone else can probably confirm this) which would give you 3 days club level (except for the sleeping bit on the 3rd day) and it would be nice to experience it all. Plus you get the benefit of club level check-in on your first day which is so nice Ok just sold myself on the idea lol
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #1173
triciari
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany

Still you are probably able to use the lounge until midnight of your check out day (someone else can probably confirm this) which would give you 3 days club level (except for the sleeping bit on the 3rd day) and it would be nice to experience it all. Plus you get the benefit of club level check-in on your first day which is so nice Ok just sold myself on the idea lol
Sold me, too!!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #1174
rea59
Mouseketeer

Just changed my reservations from split stay at WL and YC to 4 nights BC CL 1 bedroom suite 6/24 through 6/28.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #1175
lobsterslayer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Since I couldn't find an answer, I thought I would ask here. I know you can't bring outside floats for adults, but you can pool noodle. My question is, can you bring the pool noodle chairs? If you haven't seen one, they look like...

If you wrap a plain noodle around you, it would be in the same shape. The only difference is with the chair their is mess under your rear.
I'm guessing these aren't allowed at SB, but does anybody know for sure?
Old 03-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #1176
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Yep! You get club level from time in you check in on 1st day until midnight on day of checkout

I haven't stayed at that CL but at CR they were really nice. A CM told me to use shower in the exercise room after my afternoon swim because no one would be there vs doing it at the pool. That was a great tip! I had a whole room to myself to shower,dry my hair etc! See if this available there it would be handy.

We had a 7pm flight and ds15 hung out in the lounge playing his ds in a corner while we swam! He enjoyed having a space to hang out.( and those home made potato chips, and cookies too)
Old 03-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #1177
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by triciari View Post
Sold me, too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea59 View Post
Just changed my reservations from split stay at WL and YC to 4 nights BC CL 1 bedroom suite 6/24 through 6/28.
Lucky you
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Yep! You get club level from time in you check in on 1st day until midnight on day of checkout

I haven't stayed at that CL but at CR they were really nice. A CM told me to use shower in the exercise room after my afternoon swim because no one would be there vs doing it at the pool. That was a great tip! I had a whole room to myself to shower,dry my hair etc! See if this available there it would be handy.

We had a 7pm flight and ds15 hung out in the lounge playing his ds in a corner while we swam! He enjoyed having a space to hang out.( and those home made potato chips, and cookies too)
Definitely the way to go then
Old 03-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #1178
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks for all of the safe info, everyone!
I'll also add the the useable depth at BCV is approximately the same as the width of a standard US passport. About 3"? I don't have a ruler.
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 03-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #1179
funforfive
Mouseketeer

We are currently booked at POR for 3 nights the weekend after Easter...convince me to switch for about $500 more...or not. Anyone think it's worth it? We plan parks Sat, Sun and leave for early pm flight Monday. Family of 2 A 3 kids

Thanks for input
Old 03-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #1180
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterslayer View Post
I'm guessing these aren't allowed at SB, but does anybody know for sure?
I'd bet no in Storm Along Bay but Yes in the quiet pool...

The quiet pool might actually be the place to use something like this....

~NM
Old 03-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #1181
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funforfive View Post
We are currently booked at POR for 3 nights the weekend after Easter...convince me to switch for about $500 more...or not. Anyone think it's worth it? We plan parks Sat, Sun and leave for early pm flight Monday. Family of 2 A 3 kids

Thanks for input
For that short amount of time being conveniently located between two parks sounds like a win to me.... GO FOR IT!!!

~NM
Old 03-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #1182
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by triciari

Sold me, too!!
I would always choose more time at Disney, no matter where I stayed. But CL or no CL, you at at a wonderful location either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funforfive

Thanks for input
If you can afford it, I say go for it. Since it's a short trip, the convenience of being able to walk to two parks can't be beat.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 03-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #1183
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

333disneymom

Sent you a PM let me know if you got it!

~Nannette

Old 03-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #1184
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funforfive View Post

Thanks for input
I think it depends on the ages of your kids. A family of 5 in a POR room is going to be cozy. The extra space alone may be worth the switch. And I agree that being able to walk to 2 parks makes a big difference for a short trip.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 03-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #1185
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by funforfive

Thanks for input
I would go for it! POR is nice but its not BC/YC. You get so much more. For us it's worth the $$

Me, DH, DD7, DS3

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: