DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

VGC (or GCV) Resale prices

I've been looking at the ROFR thread and seems like the prices there are selling around high 80s to mid 90s.
But I'm hearing that the majority of them are selling really high (over 100s) and some as high as 120s?
Does that sound right?
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
I've been looking at the ROFR thread and seems like the prices there are selling around high 80s to mid 90s.
But I'm hearing that the majority of them are selling really high (over 100s) and some as high as 120s?
Does that sound right?
I just closed on a resale there and am waiting for the final step - actually getting the points. So I made my offer in early January. Paid $90/point. Some right before then passed ROFR a little lower than that, even.

But in the past month or so, right before the price increase, most prices have shot up to the $100-120 range, depending on size of contract, # of points available, etc.

Interestingly, Fidelity still has several listed for $95. One poster here is currently in ROFR after having bought from Fidelity at $93.

Prices in general have gone up, and maybe buyers are willing to pay more since the price increase was announced which would increase the chance of passing ROFR as well.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
cseca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post
I just closed on a resale there and am waiting for the final step - actually getting the points. So I made my offer in early January. Paid $90/point. Some right before then passed ROFR a little lower than that, even.

But in the past month or so, right before the price increase, most prices have shot up to the $100-120 range, depending on size of contract, # of points available, etc.

Interestingly, Fidelity still has several listed for $95. One poster here is currently in ROFR after having bought from Fidelity at $93.

Prices in general have gone up, and maybe buyers are willing to pay more since the price increase was announced which would increase the chance of passing ROFR as well.
Wow... I guess I should've moved earlier ... oh well.
Those fidelity listings are gone already. I checked this morning.
Congrats on your new points!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
networktek
it all started with a mouse

if the point price for resale is gonna jump up to the 120 per pt range than is it not just better to go with direct through Disney i can see resale being a good deal if the price per pt stayed under the $100 mark but that is just my thought

networktek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
cseca

Quote:
Originally Posted by networktek View Post
if the point price for resale is gonna jump up to the 120 per pt range than is it not just better to go with direct through Disney i can see resale being a good deal if the price per pt stayed under the $100 mark but that is just my thought
My thought is similar except that I'd never go $165/pt for direct... I'm too cheap...
Old 03-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by networktek View Post
Yes, at direct of $130, but at $165 a resale at $20 can look pretty good.

Plus, if what we've been hearing about the long waits for the direct wait list at VGC, you might even get the points faster, maybe a whole lot faster, going resale.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #7
chateau
DIS Veteran

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
My thought is similar except that I'd never go $165/pt for direct... I'm too cheap...
I would've said this too, but if owning direct benefits become better (somehow), I'd consider an add-on for that price. Right now the perks for direct just aren't appealing enough to counterbalance the price, imo.

Edited to say:
How'd that exclamation point get up there?!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: