Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #1861
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Friday Afternoon Ownage!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Cute one of Emma. How old was she? But the point of the whole exercise is to hear you scream like a little girl.

Tried to log on and it comes up an error that I am not a member of the group. Did you delete me? Afraid I was going to win? I'll try to log in later, hopefully it is just a temporary glitch.
I can delete you? You had 13 games right so far in second place. I had 12 and was in 8th, but there were 6 of us 1 game behind you. Leader had 14 correct out of 16.

How's the shoulder?

Old 03-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #1862
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I don't see it. I wear glasses. Don doesn't. We're completely different!
Apparently you have not listened to the live podcast from the DDC Convention.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Cute one of Emma. How old was she? But the point of the whole exercise is to hear you scream like a little girl.
She was 5 or 6 in this video. I still crack up every time I watch this video

Only 31 days til Disney...
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #1863
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Ole Miss?

That’s three out of four 5-12 matchups ending in and upset.
On the upside, I correctly called the other two upsets in that group.
On the down side, my West-Bracket is now even more of a mess.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #1864
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
So, did anyone else pick Harvard over New Mexico, or was it just me?
DD6 did. Her Elite 8 and Final 4 are all the top seeds but she did pick a few upsets. If Valpo and St Mary's had won I would have started a 900 line to make money off her prognostications.

Depending on which of my brackets you look at I'm doing pretty good. Lost none of my Elite8 teams so far. It will still look like carp by the time Monday comes.
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
Old 03-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #1865
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Well, it is official. My bracket sucks.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #1866
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

[COLOR="Green"][B][I]Thanks so much for al the prayers and well wishes today! It meant a lot to me and Shari and when I told Ethan about everyone who was praying for him today he smiled! It took a little over an hour to do everything. He only had one meltdown back in his room after the nurses broiught him back. He refused to cry in front of anyone. he has the foam packing in his nose that will disolve. He has yet to ask for anything for pain.

This is the before shot

And this is after

and not to be outdone Lauren comes home from school and collapses

DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 03-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #1867
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

My child downloaded a new app - plumber crack. If it wasn't explanatory enough, you can play the game by throwing ice at the butt crack. Maybe Disney IT can hire these people to work on their website.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #1868
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

Hi guys,
I know I have been abset from the board for awile and I hope to be able to post more in the near future.

I am posting to ask you to keep my wife's family in your thoughts, My wife lost her Grandma on Wensday less than 24 hour from us returning from a week in Disney and my wife is not in a good place right now. My wife was very close to her Grandma and she is having a hard time with this. Tonight I had to return to work from vacation and she is all alone for the first time since she lost her Grandma. Please keep us in your thoughts as we venture the wake and funneral this weekend.
If I am unable to get back Thank You all for the opertunity to be part of your group and Thank You for supporting me and my Wife's family though this rought time.
Jason

Old 03-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #1869
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousey View Post
I am posting to ask you to keep my wife's family in your thoughts, My wife lost her Grandma on Wensday less than 24 hour from us returning from a week in Disney and my wife is not in a good place right now. My wife was very close to her Grandma and she is having a hard time with this. Tonight I had to return to work from vacation and she is all alone for the first time since she lost her Grandma. Please keep us in your thoughts as we venture the wake and funneral this weekend.:
Prayers for your DW and family.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #1870
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Ole Miss?

That’s three out of four 5-12 matchups ending in and upset.
On the upside, I correctly called the other two upsets in that group.
On the down side, my West-Bracket is now even more of a mess.
Are you watching Georgetown? They are about to lose to Florida Gulf Coast. I think whoever is doing the seedings for the brackets needs to be fired.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #1871
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi guys,
I know I have been abset from the board for awile and I hope to be able to post more in the near future.

I am posting to ask you to keep my wife's family in your thoughts, My wife lost her Grandma on Wensday less than 24 hour from us returning from a week in Disney and my wife is not in a good place right now. My wife was very close to her Grandma and she is having a hard time with this. Tonight I had to return to work from vacation and she is all alone for the first time since she lost her Grandma. Please keep us in your thoughts as we venture the wake and funneral this weekend.
If I am unable to get back Thank You all for the opertunity to be part of your group and Thank You for supporting me and my Wife's family though this rought time.
Jason
Prayers for DW and your family. I does get better with time. I lost my grandmother a few years ago and it took me a long time to get there, but every day will make it a little better. Grew up with her right next door my whole life.

Not sure if it will help, but for me it was remembering all the things we did together over the years and the joy she left behind in our family that helped me feel better.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #1872
Maroonag1
DisDad #730

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
So, did anyone else pick Harvard over New Mexico, or was it just me?
Students at Harvard didn't even pick Harvard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
My birthday is the 25th. Celebrating at BOG the night of the 24th.

We are still waiting (patiently and OK with me) for DS to realize that girls are more than just an annoyance. Late bloomer I guess and more interested in sports. I'll let him know there will be maidens to plunder. (just kidding)
August is a good month to be born i guess. Mine is the 24th. But that is our leaving day so we are celebrating on Friday.
You are not allowed to tell him about maidens until August 25th when we are safely back in Texas.

Quote:
Jason
So sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers for you and yours.

Early stages of 2015 trip planning now.
Trip report of 2013 coming soon.

Me(Cliff), DW, DD(14), DD(7)
Old 03-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #1873
Maroonag1
DisDad #730

We just bought discount tickets for Disney on Ice when they come to Austin on May 16th.
I get to give my youngest DD her Disney treat as a birthday present cause she doesn't know we are doing to the world in August.

Early stages of 2015 trip planning now.
Trip report of 2013 coming soon.

Me(Cliff), DW, DD(14), DD(7)
Old 03-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #1874
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroonag1 View Post
We just bought discount tickets for Disney on Ice when they come to Austin on May 16th.
I get to give my youngest DD her Disney treat as a birthday present cause she doesn't know we are doing to the world in August.
Great present. I bring DD over Christmas break every year as her present from me. We take the train into Boston, afternoon show and a nice dinner and then head back on the train. Pretty sure this will be a tradition every year. This year was year #5.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #1875
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Jason

Very sorry to hear about the loss.
Wish we could fix it, but prayers are being offered. That we can do.
May a time of healing not be too far in the future.
Check back in when you can but don’t worry about it,
we’ll be here when you get back.

Family first. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Are you watching Georgetown? They are about to lose to Florida Gulf Coast. I think whoever is doing the seedings for the brackets needs to be fired.
Lost to…

Yup, I was tracking that one. My word…
My Elite-8 are still in tack (for now), but that’s three gone from my Sweet-16.
Yesterday was a much less frustrating bit of viewing to be sure.
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, penguins, post padding, star wars

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: