Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #16
mickilee
Only 18 more sleeps till i meet my next husband...
Godiva chocolates beat rain poncho's any day ;)

thank you everyone. We were trying to avoid the drive. Our travel dates aren't in stone. Give a week or 2.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #17
wdwmom3
Mouseketeer

I would advise going in person. It could take a couple months if there are any issues with paperwork or pictures if you do it by mail. They can be super picky about pictures. My dbf had to get his pictures redone 2 times because of a tiny (we didn't notice it) glare. The third time I told him to powder his face first lol. By going in person we knew right away. If we had mailed it in we would have waited a couple weeks to find out and then had to start the process again.

If you are set on going in the next month I would drive it in. If you don't mind the possibility of delaying your trip by a month or 2 if needed then mail it.
wdwmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #18
mamaCta
DIS Veteran

We got our passports today. I had taken them to the MP's office for mailing at the beginning of March, so less than 3 weeks start to finish.

This trip is Me, DH, Sis21, DD15, DS6, DD3, and the ILs.

Disneybounding planning on mama-c.polyvore.com
mamaCta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #19
mickilee
Only 18 more sleeps till i meet my next husband...
Godiva chocolates beat rain poncho's any day ;)

Just an update. It was 3 weeks to the day. She received it in the mail. That"s with mailing it in.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #20
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Data point for Halifax for anyone interested...I went in on Wednesday March 20, got there at noon. (Don't ask--it was supposed to be earlier in the day. ) Of course everyone and their dog was there on their lunch break. The commissionaire told me it looks like a half-hour wait, and it was 40 minutes.

Once I got to an agent, it was another 20 minutes to review the paperwork for four renewals. We all had passports that had expired less than a year ago. I liked that I didn't have to leave the kids' birth certificates or even the old passports, I walked out with everything I came with, except the completed forms and photos. Note, my kids got their last passports in 2007, and we didn't have to submit the long form birth certificate, just the little wallet-sized one.

They arrived by registered mail (had to go sign for it and show id) around April 4/5. (Dh's came separate by a day, which freaked him out a little, but the same thing happened last time, except it was mine that took a little longer.) They told me it would be around April 10, so they were a little early. 16 days, pretty good. There were people in the office picking them up if they were on a tighter timeline.

Gotta tell you, there were some clueless people there. There was a lady with applications for her family ahead of me at the window for 30 minutes...her applications were a mess. They didn't know they needed references! Her husband hadn't even signed his. On the other hand, if she had mailed it in, God knows how many delays and re-subs she would have had.

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa
PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #21
My 2 princesses
Can't Wait To Go Back...I've Been Bitten By The Bug:)

I thought I had posted this, but I can't seem to find it. Anyway, we gave ours into the Mississauga office on March 22nd and we received it back on March 28th. Super fast. My DH now jokes that if they ask you if your in a hurry say no, which he did and they told him it will take 2 weeks, when it took 4 days with transit time.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #22
lacrossemom13
Earning My Ears

We did ours last Friday in whitby and got them a week later
lacrossemom13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:38 AM   #23
dawnm8877
Earning My Ears

Wow some of you got your passports super fast! I was pretty impressed with the two weeks it took for ours until I read some of the other responses on this thread. The applications were submitted at the office and arrived on the day they told us they would. FYI if you are getting a passport for your child, get the long form birth certificate BEFORE you go. There were so many people at the office that didn't have the proper one and had to go get it after waiting at the passport office and then wait all over again! They need the birth certificate with the parents' names on it to process a child's application!
dawnm8877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #24
rjan67
Mouseketeer

Sent mine away priority post April 2. Received back April 16th.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: