Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #1156
HARASW
DisneyWorld Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by E&BMom View Post
Here is a pic of the safe in the regular BC rooms. They seem to be smaller than the Villas. That is an ipod classic in it for reference.

Same size as the ones in BWI CL rooms. I was able to fit my iPad and my son's Kindle in comfortably inside. The iPad with a cover on it needs to be maneuvered to get it inside, but it does fit.
11/86 -Honeymoon-Off Property, 7/97-GF RPC, 7/98, 7/99, 7/00, 7/01, 7/02, 7/03, 7/04, 1/05 -GF SLC, 7/06, 7/07, 7/08 -WL CL,12/08 -BWI CL, 8/09-GF RPC, 7/10 - POLY CL, 5/11-BWI CL, 12/11-BWI CL, 6/12-BWI CL 10/12-BWI CL, 1/13-BWI CL, 8/13-BWI CL, 12/13-BWI CL, 6/14-BWI CL

Last edited by HARASW; 03-22-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #1157
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Just changed my May reservation from the Beach Club to the yacht Club. I am a retired cast member and the deal they had was only available at the YC. So, I have to change to a standard view, but I got the DDP and saved $1.303.79!!!!!
My husband is thrilled. Love being retired from Disney.
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #1158
HARASW
DisneyWorld Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Just changed my May reservation from the Beach Club to the yacht Club. I am a retired cast member and the deal they had was only available at the YC. So, I have to change to a standard view, but I got the DDP and saved $1.303.79!!!!!
Congratulations!
11/86 -Honeymoon-Off Property, 7/97-GF RPC, 7/98, 7/99, 7/00, 7/01, 7/02, 7/03, 7/04, 1/05 -GF SLC, 7/06, 7/07, 7/08 -WL CL,12/08 -BWI CL, 8/09-GF RPC, 7/10 - POLY CL, 5/11-BWI CL, 12/11-BWI CL, 6/12-BWI CL 10/12-BWI CL, 1/13-BWI CL, 8/13-BWI CL, 12/13-BWI CL, 6/14-BWI CL

Old 03-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #1159
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyLof428 View Post
I've been lurking but haven't posted in a long time on this thread. We usually do a split stay between BC/Poly but decided to try the Yacht Club this time since it is a little cheaper. I really love BC and am worried that I made the wrong decision Can you Yacht Club experts reassure me?
My first two trips to the Epcot resorts were BWV and BC. On the third trip I was trying to book BC again but it was not available. The CM at CRO talked me in to trying YC and I've been returning there since. I've still had a few return trips to BC and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again but if I have my first choice, it's YC. I just love it there!! I like the theming of the rooms better, the views and the proximity to the marina and bus stop. I hope you like it as much as I do. . The resorts share so much that you can't go wrong with either.

Last edited by YCFAN; 03-22-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #1160
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyAgain View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.... just so I understand, we are NOT using ME on the way down because we are staying offsite for a few days prior to checking in at BC. Only using ME back to the airport on departure day. So, I don't need the green stickers at all?? Then they sent them to me in error?? Just assuming that I was using it on arrival day too??? The kids want to use the address tags to put on luggage today!! To make it official, your saying that its ok to use those, right?? thanks!!!
We fly into Ft Lauderdale first to visit family, so only use DME returning home, and I always get sent the luggage tags. No idea why they send them anyway.
But as Wood Nymph says. You don't need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
congrats. We have a standard YC view booked too, you'll have to post when you get back how you liked it, view, location, etc!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 03-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #1161
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks again for the pictures. I have revised the info about room safes on the front page. May I include this photo?

BTW- BCV guests- I haven't seen the safes in this configuration before- portrait style rather than landscape. Are all of the BCV safes like this, or do they vary from room to room?

Absolutely. Please feel free to use anything I post. This is the only BCV villa I've been in so I don't know if there are any differences.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 03-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #1162
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
congrats. We have a standard YC view booked too, you'll have to post when you get back how you liked it, view, location, etc!!
Yes, please, I would love to read all about the YC standard experiences of both of you as we don't go until October (and anyone else reading!). I got a great discount but only standard was possible and, typical for me, I am obsessing about it.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 03-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #1163
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

another safe photo

Here's another BCV room safe photo, from March 2012:

That's an iPad 2 in there. The red thing behind it is the cover, folded back.

One day we put two iPod Touches in there with the iPad. That was about all we could fit in there.

These photos always make the safe look like a walk-in closet.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #1164
musicalgirl2010
Earning My Ears

I'm so excited! We just booked today for my 21st birthday trip!!! We are staying at YC! I just wanted to say thanks to this thread for all the information and helping to make the decision of where to stay!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #1165
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

How comfortable are the beds and pillows at the BC? Are the mattresses firm/soft/just right? Does it get cold at night with the A/C on, and are there extra blankets in the room, or do you need to request them from housekeeping? I may need to ask for extras up front, because my husband likes it really cold at night.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #1166
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
How comfortable are the beds and pillows at the BC? Are the mattresses firm/soft/just right?
The beds are right in the middle between firm and soft IMHO. I like a very soft bed but I had no trouble with the firmer one at the BC when compared to my Memory foam pit at home.

Does it get cold at night with the A/C on,
Yes the AC does a great job of chilling the room. During our December 2012 stay we used both the AC and the heat when the weather turned cold. The AC/Heating unit is also one of the type that stays where you set it, so there is no worry that it will turn off in the middle of the night or while you are at the parks.

and are there extra blankets in the room, or do you need to request them from housekeeping?
There is an extra blanket already in the room. You can get as many extra blankets and pillows as you need by calling housekeeping and making a request. I also noticed that the pillows came in a variety of softness levels with some being firmer than others. This worked out fine for me as I like to use a lot of pillows.

I may need to ask for extras up front, because my husband likes it really cold at night.
This sounds like us! We are cold sleepers and with the 5 of us in the one room the AC handled the job nicely. Those extra blankets they have are really nice too. They are soft but on the thick side so they do the job nicely.
Now to contrast this with our room at Port Orleans French Quarter there were no extra blankets in the room. The pillows seem to be the same as above and I did request extras from housekeeping. The AC/heater unit was really a beast to work with though. It went from uncontrollably cold to shooting out hot air when the temp was put at 73 degrees. That unit drove us crazy all week. It wasn't like it wasn't working at all so we didn't feel the need to call Maintenance but it was either freezing or devilishly hot. The one we had at the Beach Club behaved admirably compared to the Devil unit we had at POFQ!!

~NM
Old 03-23-2013, 12:52 AM   #1167
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Now to contrast this with our room at Port Orleans French Quarter there were no extra blankets in the room. The pillows seem to be the same as above and I did request extras from housekeeping. The AC/heater unit was really a beast to work with though. It went from uncontrollably cold to shooting out hot air when the temp was put at 73 degrees. That unit drove us crazy all week. It wasn't like it wasn't working at all so we didn't feel the need to call Maintenance but it was either freezing or devilishly hot. The one we had at the Beach Club behaved admirably compared to the Devil unit we had at POFQ!!

~NM
I'd much rather cold than hot. You can always pile another blanket on, but once you move into the too hot zone, ugh. Glad to hear that the A/C at BC is good!

Old 03-23-2013, 05:16 AM   #1168
triciari
DIS Veteran

Crazy to ask this here, but here goes:

It's been a long, cold winter in New England, so even though our vacation is just over 2 weeks away, I want it to come sooner! I somehow got my husband to agree to 2 more days on the front of the trip!! But, I'm having trouble pulling the trigger. Those 2 days would be CL at YC, while the rest of the trip booked is GV. Should I hold out and hope that GV becomes available? Is 9 days too long for 2 adults and 3 kids in one room? I know in my opinion, longer is better, and flights and tickets are roughly the same.... Thoughts?
Old 03-23-2013, 06:43 AM   #1169
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by triciari View Post
Crazy to ask this here, but here goes:

It's been a long, cold winter in New England, so even though our vacation is just over 2 weeks away, I want it to come sooner! I somehow got my husband to agree to 2 more days on the front of the trip!! But, I'm having trouble pulling the trigger. Those 2 days would be CL at YC, while the rest of the trip booked is GV. Should I hold out and hope that GV becomes available? Is 9 days too long for 2 adults and 3 kids in one room? I know in my opinion, longer is better, and flights and tickets are roughly the same.... Thoughts?
We typically holiday for 14-16 nights and never have a problem with all 5 of us in a room but it might be hard to go from club level to non-club level after 2 days? I would book it in a heartbeat though-an extra 2 days would definitely add extra enjoyment to your trip
Old 03-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #1170
triciari
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany

We typically holiday for 14-16 nights and never have a problem with all 5 of us in a room but it might be hard to go from club level to non-club level after 2 days? I would book it in a heartbeat though-an extra 2 days would definitely add extra enjoyment to your trip
That's my fear. Downgrading is never fun!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: