DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
tink'smom2B
Mouseketeer

If I buy additional points through resale....

will those points only be good at Disney resorts? Right now we have two contracts that are good for everything (cruises, etc.). If we buy a resale contract for 50 points, do we lose our "extra" benefits on those points? Should we pay the double price and add on through Disney direct?

tink'smom2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink'smom2B View Post
will those points only be good at Disney resorts?
resale contract pts can be used for all DVC resorts (including HHI and aulani), RCI trades and club intrawest trades.

no trading out resale pts for cruises or wdw hotels like the poly or POFQ.

Quote:
Should we pay the double price and add on through Disney direct?
i think that doesn't make any financial sense at all to do that, but if you have the extra money and desperately want the option to trade a lot of pts for cruises and stays at the poly, suit yourself.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
erionm
DIS Veteran

From the member website:
Quote:
Disney Vacation Club® has announced a new policy that limits access to certain Member Getaways exchanges for Ownership Interests purchased on the secondary market (also known as the re-sale market).

Under the new policy, Members who purchase from anyone other than Disney Vacation Development, Inc., on or after March 21, 2011, will not be eligible to use those Vacation Points to make reservations within the Concierge Collection, the Disney Collection or the Adventurer Collection. Those Vacation Points will instead be valid only for reservations at Disney Vacation Club resorts, as well as for RCI® exchanges, Club Cordial and Club Intrawest.

The affected collections are special Member benefits programs offered by Disney Vacation Development, Inc., and are not part of Members' Ownership Interests. That said, Members who purchased on the secondary market prior to March 21, 2011, may use those Vacation Points for all Member Getaways.

Note that the policy doesn't impact banking, borrowing or transferring Vacation Points. All Members will continue to have the ability make such transactions, regardless of where they purchased their Ownership Interests. Complete rules about these transactions are available in the Home Resort Rules and Regulations section of this website.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Quote:
will those points only be good at Disney resorts? Right now we have two contracts that are good for everything (cruises, etc.). If we buy a resale contract for 50 points, do we lose our "extra" benefits on those points? Should we pay the double price and add on through Disney direct?
I may have misread what you are asking, but I just wanted to comment in case I didn't. If you buy 50 points resale, you only loose the extra benefits on those 50 resale points not on the other two contracts you bought direct.
Mel522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #5
tink'smom2B
Mouseketeer

Thanks, I am thinking of the headache it will be to keep track of points that can be used for a cruise, etc. vs points for just resorts. I'm having enough trouble just making reservations with the two contracts I already own

tink'smom2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, I am thinking of the headache it will be to keep track of points that can be used for a cruise, etc. vs points for just resorts. I'm having enough trouble just making reservations with the two contracts I already own
There's no headache involved, you won't have to track them separately unless you're using them for low return options like cruises anyway. If that's the case I'd reconsider the add on decision.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: