Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #151
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortForever View Post
I haven't read this whole thread yet, but I'm planning to in a few.

I'm a 49 year old woman who has never done anything alone in my entire life. I barely even got to go to the bathroom by myself.

I was married with children as a teenager and the grandchildren started coming before my youngest child was grown. I have been babysitting two of my grandsons full time for about four years. The youngest is just three months old. I also work around the kids as a transcriptionist. With that I can make my own hours.

Anyway, as soon as I found that I had a week off later this month while the other set of grandparents is in town, I booked at WDW. Originally, I thought DH would come with me, but he is not as into it as me. He doesn't want to go twice in a month. I don't count the first time since it was just a three day weekend.

This will be my first solo adventure. I am both nervous and super excited! I'm looking forward to going where I want, when I want, and at my own pace. I plan to play both SOMK and Agent P. DH doesn't ever want to do either.

I can't wait to get there!!
I love being solo at WDW..and I find that if I am with DH I tend to want to have a day or two solo to do what I enjoy at my pace...I am looking forward to being solo at F&G...time to enjoy ...

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:30 AM   #152
illuminatedillusions
Earning My Ears

I go solo as I was sick of waiting for the people who wanted to go to find some time to go with me. I love doing it solo as I can change my mind without someone giving out to me or go on all of the rides I want to go on without someone waiting for me and eat at all the places I want to. I get talking to new people at the hotel or in the parks and have a great time with them. I've met friends who came from Australia, South Africa, all over America who were in the same place at the same time and we still email each other and talk about our next trip!

I decided after my first full time job to book a holiday to Orlando a month before I was due to go as that was the only two weeks I could get off. I didn't even tell my mother about it until it was booked!

Well she thought I was going to run away as I never mentioned wanting to go before until it was booked. Plus it was first alone holiday ever so she was so worried.

I've booked my third solo, fourth Orlando holiday for September and I'm so excited. A few friends from work are coming over the same time but we are staying separately. I went with a friend last year and she didn't like heights or really hot weather or rollercoasters or to try different food so well she was a pain so I love being solo.

Sorry long rant at the end!
illuminatedillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 03:15 AM   #153
nolajax
nola disney lover

The trip I'm currently planning for Oct 2013 will be my first solo trip to WDW. For me it's mainly about wanting to do/see/stay/eat what I want, when I want. I adore WDW with my family from the 25 person vacations to the week with my BFF and sis to the first trip with my godsons, but I am a pushover. And will *almost* always defer to other people's comfort/needs/wants etc. As much as I enjoyed my last three trips, I'm intrigued by going alone. It's been so exciting planning this trip and never stopping to say, "so and so won't want to", "the pace is to fast for..." etc. To be able to plan just for me is exciting.

I haven't told my family yet. And I will admit I feel very guilty, almost as if I'm afraid of being disrespectful in some way or if I'm implying they somehow make me unhappy. But that isn't it at all, I'm just ready to go for me and about me this time.

'94 - CBR; '95-9: 4 school trips-offsite; '08 - offsite; '08 - Poly; '10 - Poly; '11 - ASSp
nolajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #154
Tom999
Earning My Ears

go fishing
Tom999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #155
glammadiva
DIS Veteran

I go solo to do the things my family have no interest in - tours, shows, spa. And on my schedule!
glammadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #156
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Like someone else said, I first started traveling alone in my 20s because I got tired of trying to coordinate other people's vacay dates and waiting for them to have money at the same time. Now it is all solo trips as much by choice as anything. Solo trips are now the only time I am not on someone else's schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

mickey1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #157
seadd67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolajax View Post
The trip I'm currently planning for Oct 2013 will be my first solo trip to WDW. For me it's mainly about wanting to do/see/stay/eat what I want, when I want. I adore WDW with my family from the 25 person vacations to the week with my BFF and sis to the first trip with my godsons, but I am a pushover. And will *almost* always defer to other people's comfort/needs/wants etc. As much as I enjoyed my last three trips, I'm intrigued by going alone. It's been so exciting planning this trip and never stopping to say, "so and so won't want to", "the pace is to fast for..." etc. To be able to plan just for me is exciting.

I haven't told my family yet. And I will admit I feel very guilty, almost as if I'm afraid of being disrespectful in some way or if I'm implying they somehow make me unhappy. But that isn't it at all, I'm just ready to go for me and about me this time.
Me to I am going In Oct 2013 MNSSHP. This will be my first solo trip also. This will be the first with out my DS. There was never a i cant do this or do that scenario, so this is all about the Mouse, Disney and golf, but it will diffently diffrent and just trying to get a feel for going by my self.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: