Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
fairy8i8
Spread the Magic!

Is AoA worth it for 1 night?

We will be in Orlando the end of May for a night taking care of some business, and will have our DS3 with us. I was thinking of staying in the AoA in a Little Mermaid room so our son can play in the pool and have a little Disney fun for the morning, even though we won't be going to any of the parks. We probably won't have time on the day of checkin to play or explore, as we will probably get there after my son's bedtime, but I was thinking that he might like to play in the pool in the morning and explore the resort, especially if we could get a late checkout.

The kicker is that 1 weekend night for our date is $195. We could stay at a more deluxe resort for a little more with a slightly larger room, but I think its the theming of the resort that my son will love. He is 3, so I think the other resort themes might be a little lost on him, and I don't think I could convince my husband to do a savannah view room at AKL, which would be the other resort I think my son would like. If we didn't do a Disney hotel, we would likely stay at an off property hotel for around $110/$120 or a condo deal for around $75.

Is the theming and pool of AoA worth the extra price for some intense preschooler fun? (DS3 will be suffering through 36 hours of car driving in a 4 day period, so I want to give him some kind of break.)

I am also open to suggestions of other resorts that have great pools and grounds for preschoolers. Thanks!
fairy8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

We went this past September and our son had just turned 4 and he was in awe of the resort.. Very special and so much to look at for a child! I think it is perfect for families with small children!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
fairy8i8
Spread the Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
We went this past September and our son had just turned 4 and he was in awe of the resort.. Very special and so much to look at for a child! I think it is perfect for families with small children!
Thanks! I have been looking at photos and think my son would be in Disney heaven, even though we aren't going to the parks.
fairy8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: