Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 01:19 AM   #1
Briarrose1306
Mouseketeer

Princess Crystal and the Search for Briar Rose TR - Updated 9/21 - Day 2

I shall begin this PTR with a preemptive apology in the case that I don't end up finishing this TR. I have attempted a TR once before but didn't get past the second day of the trip as too much time passed before I had a chance to get back to it and I hadn't taken ve3ry good notes and since DDad hates to take pictures I couldn't even try to put the TR together at that point.

On to a happier note! I am Princess Crystal aka Briarrose1306 and this is my PTR! ta da I have my trip scheduled for the end of April, the 28th though May 1st to be exact. It is supposed to be a birthday trip though it is occurring a month late (my actual birthday is April 1st) due to the fact that I will be super busy at work the end of March and the beginning of April.

First, well not first because I already wrote a bunch, but to get us started, a picture of me followed by a little about me.

So, that's me with my most recent Disney hat purchase, the Jack Skellington Mad Hatter Hat. I really wish Disney would come up with easier ways to attach the hats other the elastic string, but until then I will overdose on bobby pins. I am a huge Disney freak, as many of us on the DIS are. This will be my 21st trip to THE LAND. I'm a roller coaster fiend and have recently discovered that Matterhorn has overtaken Space as my favorite ride. I am a huge Sleeping Beauty fan for those of you who haven't been able to tell, blue dress please.

I usually don't bother doing a PTR, well I don't usually do TRs at all, but if I did I usually wouldn't bother with a PTR because there's usually nothing going on til I get there. It'd just be this is who's going and this is when we're leaving, but for this trip there are so many things up in the air about this trip I thought it'd be fun to have you all join me while I figure things out. I had originally planned on taking this trip with DDad or DBoyf, but DDad got really sick and had to take some time off work so he can't take anymore and DBoyf wants to focus on his police academy entrance tests. So, right as I was getting my head wrapped around and even getting a bit excited about taking my first solo trip, I got two possible offers. The first from my new but already super close friend, Bree, who is not sure if she will be able to go and if she does, we're not sure if we'll fly or drive and if we drive whether we'll head down a day early and hit Magic Mountain the day before. She's supposed to let me know by the end of this week, so i should have another update around then if not sooner.

The second was from one of my mom's cousins asking if I'd like to take her daughter with me. This is one of those odd situations where you aren't really close to either family member but don't want to be rude and don't want to take away the chance for someone else to visit DL. We've talked a little bit about how much it would be for her to go with me and I guess her dad isn't really keen on her going but my cousin is trying to work on him. I'm kind of even warming up to the idea of taking her.

But, as of now, no companion is certain and the only thing that is, is that I am visiting DL April 28 - May 1 and staying at the BW Anaheim. I hope you decide to join me on my adventure and even more so, I hope I do your virtual companionship justice by providing a fun to read report and, and this is a big one, finishing it!

Disneyland - BW Anaheim October 2013 Little Brother's Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Anaheim June/July 2013 First Solo Trip
Disneyland - DLH April/May 2013 Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's Christmas 2012 Family Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's October 2012 Little Brother's Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's July 2012 First Disney Trip with Boyfriend
Disneyland - BW Stovall's & Anaheim Valentine's 2012 Family Trip
Disneyland - BW Anaheim December 2011 Brother/Sister Trip
Disneyland - BWPPI May 2011 Father/Daughter Trip - The Beginning of the Annual Passport
14 Disneyland Trips between 1984-2010

Last edited by Briarrose1306; 09-21-2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Title update
Briarrose1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:47 AM   #2
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I'm aboard!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
Briarrose1306
Mouseketeer

Welcome! Thanks for joining!
Disneyland - BWPPI May 2011 Father/Daughter Trip - The Beginning of the Annual Passport
Old 03-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
kaoden39
Hugs

I just noticed you love in Rancho Cordova. We live in Fairfield! I used to live in Rancho Cordova when I was a little girl.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
Briarrose1306
Mouseketeer

That's awesome! I love finding people who are close by! (well relatively lol) I always forget to look at where people are from because it's usually nowhere near me!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:14 AM   #6
Briarrose1306
Mouseketeer

My apologies for not updating on Friday like I planned, a busy evening turned into a busy weekend and Monday was well, Monday. So here I am on Tuesday evening finally getting around to the update I planned on doing Friday. Sad news first, my friend Bree is not going to be able to go with me on this trip, she just can't afford it. I told her not to stress since I have an AP I can always go when she can afford it. Good news now, I booked my flight! I'm super excited to actually be flying this time as opposed to driving, especially if I end up solo which is a very high possibility. I got a round trip flight from Sacramento to LA for $177! I was super excited! I haven't flown to DL since 2008 so it will be a welcomed change from the roughly 12 hour (round trip) car ride. I'm hoping to catch a ride to the BW Anaheim from one of the guys who has the shuttle type van like I did in 2008 as it was only $10 and it seemed to be pretty quick. If not, there's always the DL Express.

A small update on my cousin, I emailed my aunt to let her know I was booking my flight but I have yet to hear back from her. I'm pretty much assuming I will be going solo this trip and am starting to get excited about it. Since I have an AP and I go so often, I really try to take into account what the other people in my party want to do and see, so I think it will be really nice to do what I want to do when I want to do it. If I want to sleep until 10am and it takes me an hour and a half to get out of the hotel room I'm not inconveniencing anyone but myself. If I want to ride Matterhorn back to back 10 times in the single rider line, I can. If I don't want to wait any longer than 15 minutes for something, I don't have to. Likewise, if I want to wait 45 minutes to ride something, I can. The only think I'm really not looking forward to is eating by myself. I'm never really a fan of doing this and I think it'll hit me even more doing it at character meals. However, this will not stop me from doing character meals! I definitely want to do Goofy's Kitchen dinner but I am a bit undecided on if I want to do more than that and if so which ones. The other one I'm highly contemplating is Minnie & Friend's breakfast. I love all the character interaction but I am met with the other big problem of flying solo, no one to take pictures of you with characters. I always feel so awkward having to ask other people to take my picture. We'll see what happens, but I'm open to suggestions!

The one other thing I wanted to share in this update was to clear up the title a bit. I love the addition of the Disney characters to SW but I seem to be having a big problem finding Briar Rose. I have found almost every other Disney character that has been added to it but I still can't seem to find her! I know she's there as I saw her in someone's photos, but alas, I still have yet to find her. So, one of the main goals of this trip is to find Briar Rose in SW. Stay tuned to find out if I complete my goal!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
Briarrose1306
Mouseketeer

Quick little update as a little more knowledge has surfaced about my trip. It appears that the final word has been dropped and I will definitely be going solo! I'd love to hear some of your favorite things to do solo and things that I might appreciate more outside of take time to enjoy the scenery. Can't wait to hear your thoughts!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #8
kaoden39
Hugs

I haven't been solo in the parks for years but, I always have liked being able to do things at my own pace. Doing just what I want to do. I did manage to spend some time on my own my last two trips. Not a lot of time but some time. I went and visited the Princesses because no one else wanted to wait in line.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #9
Briarrose1306
Mouseketeer

I've done that a couple times but my worry this time around is that no one will be there to take a picture of me and I don't really want to pay for the photo pass ones. I'm considering doing Ariel's Grotto for breakfast as I recently read a review that sounded pretty good and that way I have an almost guarantee of meeting Aurora. I just always feel bad asking someone else to take my picture, like I'm intruding on their vacation.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #10
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarrose1306 View Post
I've done that a couple times but my worry this time around is that no one will be there to take a picture of me and I don't really want to pay for the photo pass ones. I'm considering doing Ariel's Grotto for breakfast as I recently read a review that sounded pretty good and that way I have an almost guarantee of meeting Aurora. I just always feel bad asking someone else to take my picture, like I'm intruding on their vacation.

You don't have to buy the photopass pictures. Just have them take your picture and then have them take one or two with your camera. That is what my husband and I did. We have never had breakfast at Ariel's but it is a fun experience. With the new Princess Fantasy Faire area you should be able to get a chance to meet her there.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
Briarrose1306
Mouseketeer

That's a good point! I wasn't even thinking about the PPPhotographers taking a pic with my camera! Thanks for reminding me of that!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #12
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarrose1306 View Post
That's a good point! I wasn't even thinking about the PPPhotographers taking a pic with my camera! Thanks for reminding me of that!

You're welcome!!
Old 03-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #13
Sleepless Knight
Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess
There's a time and a place for each

Always good to see other fans of Sleeping Beauty on this website. What a beautiful film. And yes, Merryweather is right.

I've done a few solo character meals at both Disneyland and WDW and I've never had a problem getting photos. Probably 90% of the time, one of the CMs at the restaurant is always nearby when a character comes just to make sure that I'm taken care of.

Unless something changed after the recent refurb, Briar Rose is not in IASW. There was concept art of her in that style from when WDW was kicking around the character idea long before Disneyland actually did it. I also don't think she's in the Hong Kong version which has more characters than the Disneyland version. I also saw some pins at WDW years ago of Philllip and Briar Rose in the IASW style.

At least in my opinion, I'm glad they didn't include Briar Rose in It's a Small World because the style of Sleeping Beauty is so different from the style of Mary Blair.

There was a nice Briar Rose doll in the gift shop in the castle from the old walkthrough. It's much bigger than the IASW dolls and is in the style of the Main Street window displays. Is that the one you're thinking of?
Sleepless Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #14
Briarrose1306
Mouseketeer

Welcome Sleepless Knight! Love Aurora holding the saber! Thanks for the info on the solo character dining, I'm hoping there will be CMs around, I don't feel particularly bad for asking them to take a photo, but I may limit that to just Goofy's and Ariel's if I do both of those and just take pics of characters at Minnie's if I go there.

As far as IASW, it was a photo I'd seen, I thought in someone else's TR, but I could be wrong and it could've just been a picture of the concept art. It was just her as Briar Rose holding a basket and I could've sworn I'd asked the poster about it and they said she was towards the beginning of the ride, but I think this was a couple of years ago and I really can't recall all the details for certain. I've ridden IASW a couple times and have never seen her, so I'm highly inclined to agree that she isn't there, but I'm going to ride a couple times while I'm there and maybe ask a CM or two. If nothing else, it's just a couple more rides on IASW. I'm not going to waste my whole trip riding nonstop til I find her (that might result in insanity. lol). Now if I could find the "real" Aurora as Briar Rose, I think I might faint, I'd settle for the blue dress, though I don't have high hopes about that either. Regardless, I know it'll be a great trip!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #15
Briarrose1306
Mouseketeer

Delayed Disney Magic

I recently discovered that I have a Club 33 connection. A coworker of mine is a DVC member and goes every October with her family. We were talking about the wonderful DL when I made the comment that if she ever got to go to Club 33 she better hook me up. Her response, "Oh, I go all the time." I don't want to give too much away about her personal life or connections so I will suffice to say that she is able to go often and offered to get me a lunch or dinner there of my choosing. I was ecstatic! Alas, it was not meant to be as she recently discovered that Club 33 will be closed for refurbishment the beginning of April to or through summer.
On a brighter note, she did say that the next trip I take and Club 33 is open, she will get me a reservation. So it looks like I will have a bit of delayed Disney magic to look forward to. She is still looking into possibly getting me a room on property while I'm there as she does not believe her family will be using all their DVC points during their October trip. Hopefully I will know soon and can plan accordingly. Until next time...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: