Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
simplyshaz
Mouseketeer

Sat 16th - Stayed at kingscross travelodge ready for our morning departure on eurostar

IMG_1518 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

DAY 1

Sun 17th - Arrived around 2ish. Checked into hotel , dumped our stuff and headed straight for the park
Headed straight for AP office as me and dd had to exchange temp ap's for full ones. This was WAY easier than i thought it would be. I was given a sheet of paper to write down my address and email, the lady did a bit of typing on her computer, then she took mine and dd photo and voila, we had our AP's She then told us what discounts etc we could now get.

IMG_1520 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

We had a bit of a wander around and then went on pirates of car (1st time we've been on it) Kids loved it, although at the end of ride it broke down so we were stuck on it for about 10 mins.
We then settled down to watch the parade Kids got a great spot

IMG_1521 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

The kids loved the parade and i got some great pics

IMG_1538 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

After the parade we headed to cafe mickey, we had a reservation for 6.15 (1st visit for us) All i can say is FABEverything was brilliant, we enjoyed the food, atmosphere, character interaction.....everything...

IMG_1612 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

IMG_1603 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

My dd was beside herself with excitement
We left cafe mickey and went for a wander and then got a spot to watch dreams ,the st pats firework were on before too.

IMG_1621 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

IMG_1772 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

WOW, We LOVED it After the show we headed back to the hotel

...Day 2 to follow

Last edited by simplyshaz; 05-11-2013 at 12:02 AM.
simplyshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
simplyshaz
Mouseketeer

DAY 2 of our trip

The previous evening the girls had purchased Jasmine outfits

IMG_1634 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

The outfits were 59.99 and the headress 15.99 (all the princess outfits were this price) I did notice that for the same price the cape was included with the brave dress but the cape for jasmine was 34.99 extra (not happening am afraid) ...However on the plus side. The girls each saved 15.20 on their outfits because of the dream AP's
Several times during the day the girls got stopped by ppl who wanted there photos taken with them

We made use of FP and went on peter pan, buzz, pirates(again)
We were booked in for Buffalo bills at the 6.30 showing, so we headed there at around 5.30

IMG_1659 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

We all had a good evening at buffalo bills, plenty of food n drink n entertainment I (i enjoyed the chilli) The kids weren't overly impresses with the food though. After the show we went back to hotel

DAY 3
The previous evening one of the cm's told us that jasmine would be somewhere at 11.30 the following morning. The girls were sooo excited. I think we got there just after 11, by 11.45 still no show, then a few minutes later over strolls jasmine and aladin with loads of ppl chasing after them, they came across to the girls took there hands and took them over to the meet n greet place. They crouched down with the girls talking to them about their story etc for about 5 minutes,they told the crowd to stay back, they then got everyone to move for a photograph, and asked the girls to pose with them.

IMG_1670 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

IMG_1675 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

It was an 'amazing' moment for the girls,one i dont thimk that they will forget They had previously had a lot of bad experiences with the so called meet n greets, as they would get in line to wait and then just keep getting shoved about out of the way while other folk shoved there kids (or themselves in) so quite often i told the girls to come away and leave it, which upset them a few times,but i wasnt having them shoved about.

IMG_1779 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

IMG_1760 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

IMG_1759 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

We watched the parade and dreams again and then went to cafe micket at 9.15 pm. (very busy) DD was once again besdie herself as minnie was there, and she still hadnt seen her or gotten her autograph.

IMG_1838 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

dd is the 1 on the right lol

IMG_1835 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

Not as much interaction with characters as the earlier sitting the previous evening, and we felt rather rushed, but still worth it

Day 4 (final day)
The girls REALLY wanted to meet one of the princesses. It was showing a wait of 75 mins , so we waited and waited....eventually after 2 HOURS we got to the front where they still wouldnt tell you which the princesses were and you couldnt choose which one you went too either, they told you who you had to see
Anyhow the girls got snow white

IMG_1885 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

Def not worth the 2 hour wait really, especially on our last day, as after that they didnt even get to do anymore rides, it was just too busy.

All in all a great trip Sad to come home....sooo want to go back now haha

IMG_1726 by simplyshaz, on Flickr

LOW POINTS
The usual pushing n shoving when it came to shuttle busses and the meet n greets.
The weather, cold n wet

Last edited by simplyshaz; 05-12-2013 at 05:51 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

Glad you had a great time! wonder how many times we walked past each other without knowing!

I can't seem to get your pictures to load hope I can see them soon!

Whereabouts were you sat in Cafe Mickey on the Sunday? We were there at 6.15 as well, in the outside canopy area. We only had Mickey, Donald & Goofy come to our table while we were there. We did see Pluto & Tigger as well but they never made it round to us!

We also queued two hrs for Princess Pavillion - luckily, we saw Ariel. In the other room was Sleeping Beauty who we'd already seen at Auberge.. we had a lucky escape there!
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:05 AM   #4
simplyshaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
Glad you had a great time! wonder how many times we walked past each other without knowing!

I can't seem to get your pictures to load hope I can see them soon!

Whereabouts were you sat in Cafe Mickey on the Sunday? We were there at 6.15 as well, in the outside canopy area. We only had Mickey, Donald & Goofy come to our table while we were there. We did see Pluto & Tigger as well but they never made it round to us!

We also queued two hrs for Princess Pavillion - luckily, we saw Ariel. In the other room was Sleeping Beauty who we'd already seen at Auberge.. we had a lucky escape there!
Hi Panda How did your trip go? did your dd enjoy her birthday?
In cafe mickey we were sat right at the mack of the room, opposite the main doors. it was the first time we have been in cafe mickey and we enjoyed it that much that we went back again on the tuesday evening, that was a 9.15 sitting though (in future i will only do the 6.15 sitting i think) My dd has said that she wants her birthday at dlp and to go to cafe mickey lol I dont know whats going wrong with my photos, what am i doing wrong
I bet we did walk past each other several times lol
Old 04-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #5
dlpSteve
If home is where the heart is then take me back to DLRP - I wanna go home!

Photos - in flickr, when you click share, choose the "Grab the HTML/BBCode" option and then select "BBCode", that's what these forums use for posting images

Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 & 09/10 Hotel New York 11/12, 11/13
Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 & 05/12 Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite Off Site: 05/13, 11/13

dlpSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:54 AM   #6
simplyshaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlpSteve View Post
Photos - in flickr, when you click share, choose the "Grab the HTML/BBCode" option and then select "BBCode", that's what these forums use for posting images
Thanks for that, it works now
Old 05-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #7
cinderslg
Mouseketeer

Lovely pictures especially the jasmine ones thanks for sharing.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #8
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Sounds like you had a great trip Love all the photos, the girls look so happy. Especially love the Jasmine moment. Always pays off to be dressed up for some extra special character interaction
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #9
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Sounds like you enjoyed the trip, love the photos

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #10
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

Beautiful photos and a great trip report!

Jo Olivia
Disneyfanswicklow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: