Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 12:30 AM   #16
goosedwn
Mouseketeer

Some one got sick and vomit right in front of our stateroom door and carpet the second day on the cruise. We called and they took care of it but the vomit smell was so strong. The smell linger forever. They put out fans to blow but we still smell it every day until the last day!!!!!! Lucky thing is we didn't smell anything in the stateroom. I would have been so upset. ). Now if anyone know what I can bring to get rid of that smell, I would definitely bring it just in case I will need it but I wish it will not happen again. ) Thanks.
goosedwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:08 AM   #17
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosedwn View Post
... Now if anyone know what I can bring to get rid of that smell, I would definitely bring it just in case I will need it but I wish it will not happen again. ) Thanks.
That's an unfortunate event.

That's a new one for the list, Vomit deodorizer.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 04:06 AM   #18
Lobofan5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLBDS View Post
No problem taking air freshener.
As a woman who spent a 7 night Western Carribbean cruise in a cabin with a husband and a teenage son with ONE bathroom... I can verify that air freshener is not only 'allowed' it is a little gift from God that I can't recommend enough people bring with them when sharing 268 square feet of living space.
Lobofan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #19
ibcrazie4dizney
Mouseketeer

I am not worrying about it, I was just trying to answer a special 8yo's curious question. I am sure we all have questions before our first trip, but usually something like what is our room going to look like, what kind of food on the buffet, or cant wait to see how beautiful cc is.

I guess I am happy it doesn't smell like the jersey shore when you go thru the marsh area. it isn't a great smell, but it always meant you were almost there!
will keep my fingers crossed we don't have a vomit or geyser smell!!

your replies are all appreciated and helpful for her.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #20
MattMatts-Momma
311 Miles from the Wilderness Lodge!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcrazie4dizney View Post
I am not worrying about it, I was just trying to answer a special 8yo's curious question. I am sure we all have questions before our first trip, but usually something like what is our room going to look like, what kind of food on the buffet, or cant wait to see how beautiful cc is.

I guess I am happy it doesn't smell like the jersey shore when you go thru the marsh area. it isn't a great smell, but it always meant you were almost there!
will keep my fingers crossed we don't have a vomit or geyser smell!!

your replies are all appreciated and helpful for her.
My son (10), is also sensitive to smells and this was a question I also had in my head to ask. Thank you for asking it!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #21
mousebrat
DIS Veteran

My son is very sensitive to smells as well. We just got off the Fantasy and he never commented on any smells. He just obsesses over the life boat drill until it is over.

June 2, 2012 Disney Magic NYC

Wishing we could call the Grand Floridian home...
mousebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #22
LasseKjus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcrazie4dizney View Post
we are first timers and my grand daughter has some sensory issues. she is very into "smells". so her only question for the upcoming dream cruise is what does it smell like on the ship and if you are standing on the deck, does it smell like salt water? I found a thread on the parks board that talks about finding air fresheners and perfumes from home that remind you of Disney, but no one answered yet, so I though for sure someone on here would be able to help me out with an answer.
This is a fascinating question. It's an awesome mix of smells. By the pool, there's this combination sea air with that faint hint of sunscreen that just screams vacation to my senses.

The food area can be a bit overwhelming but once you're seated, you're usually far away from anything overwhelming, which only occurs in the buffet area.

The cabins have no real distinct smell. We usually bring an air freshener on board to our cabin to give us a certain waft when we enter to remind us we're on vacation.

The only place in my mind that has a bad smell is where any smokers congregate, but those areas are usually easily avoided.
LasseKjus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: