Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
Traveler4Life
Earning My Ears

Is there a carry-on bag limit?

Packing for our Dream cruise this Sunday -woo hoo! I was wondering if there's a carry-on limit for the number of bags. We are driving and not flying but I'm thinking of the airline rules' limit. Does Disney do the same?
Traveler4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

I am not aware of a carry-on limit although I'm sure someone will chime in if I'm wrong. However, you may want to limit yourself since you will be carrying those bags around until you are permitted into your stateroom. Any extra bags can get in your way especially if you are planning to get in any pool time before getting into your room.
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #3
Beermam42
Grit and bear it

Not aware of one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler4Life View Post
Packing for our Dream cruise this Sunday -woo hoo! I was wondering if there's a carry-on limit for the number of bags. We are driving and not flying but I'm thinking of the airline rules' limit. Does Disney do the same?
Did Magic in Feb, 5 of us and we all had carry on bags. I had the liquor. You have to carry that on. Daughter had two, FE stuff. Remember if you board early you do not have access to stateroom right away. We boarded at 11 and rooms were not ready until. 1:30. We overpacked. Will cut down next time. I watched people with roll on suitcases and back packs. But Port C may be different that Galveston.
DISNEY MAGIC FEB 9-13, 2013
DISNEYLAND 1954 OPENING YEAR & 1977
WDW 1972 OPENING YEAR
WDW 1974 THROUGH JUNE 2013 CAN'T COUNT
HOOP DEE DOO REVIEW 21 TIMES
RIVER COUNTRY
ROAD STEAM TRAIN IN FT WILDERNESS
Beermam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:04 AM   #4
smootenloopers
Works to Support Cruise Habit

Quote:
You can carry on as many bags as you'd like, but that means YOU carry them on. There are no porters or anything to schlep them around for you. If you have early boarding, you'll have to take whatever it is around the ship with you until the staterooms are available (usually around 1:30ish - it will be listed in the Navigator). Unless, of course, you are sailing concierge. I hear you can leave your bags in the lounge until the room are available. Just make sure each item is small enough to fit through the x-ray scanner (like the ones they have at the airport.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #5
Traveler4Life
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smootenloopers View Post

You can carry on as many bags as you'd like, but that means YOU carry them on. There are no porters or anything to schlep them around for you. If you have early boarding, you'll have to take whatever it is around the ship with you until the staterooms are available (usually around 1:30ish - it will be listed in the Navigator). Unless, of course, you are sailing concierge. I hear you can leave your bags in the lounge until the room are available. Just make sure each item is small enough to fit through the x-ray scanner (like the ones they have at the airport.
Thank you everyone. I'm trying to cut down on my bags. I have a purse, carryon tote, and another bag but it seems like way too much! I need to do some consolidating!
Traveler4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you everyone. I'm trying to cut down on my bags. I have a purse, carryon tote, and another bag but it seems like way too much! I need to do some consolidating!
I stopped bringing a purse after my second cruise. It just sat in the room and I never used it. Now I put my wallet in my tote bag instead.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #7
mrssmiddy
Mouseketeer

I thought there was a limit of 2 bags per person, but I can't find where I got that information from, so I may be wrong. I know there is a size limit.

Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - October 2013
Disney Dream 5-Night - July 2012
Disney Dream 5-Night - August 2011
mrssmiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #8
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssmiddy View Post
I thought there was a limit of 2 bags per person, but I can't find where I got that information from, so I may be wrong. I know there is a size limit.
I think I read that somewhere once, too. Not sure whether it's "old" information or simply not enforced. Currently, DCL allows each passenger to carry-on as many bags as each can handle. As a PP indicated, there are not porters or baggage trolleys, and you're schlepping it around until the stateroom is ready.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: