Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #31
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwrich

That's cool, but you are writing from an outside observer's perspective, and wouldn't have any insider (Disney) information that the rest of us could not possibly have also, correct?
Do you work in the travel industry? Do you keep detailed records of Disney's annual discounts and yearly estimates of resort and park occupancy rates? Do you receive a pay check for tracking historical discount information for countless travel companies? Do you have thousands of blog followers who count on your discount travel knowledge? Have you saved thousands of people, tens of thousands of dollars by giving them accurate discount information? If so, I guess I don't possess any info that you don't already possess pertaining to historical Disney discounts and when Disney might offer them.

Also, I don't consider myself an outsider. I worked as a travel agent for years and made contacts in all aspects of the travel industry, including Disney. I had a great friend who worked for Disney Marketing for years, but unfortunately left a few years ago to work for the NY tourism board. Now that I write this weekly blog for a large travel site, I have made many more contacts - you never know who you will meet at industry events and the info they will share. I get a paycheck for tracking, logging and reporting these type of discounts. I certainly don't have a crystal ball seeing into the future Disney discounts, but i've got a pretty good track record for reading this company, through the records I keep. I certainly am not saying my info is could never be wrong, but I've got a pretty good track record and have more knowledge of Disney and Disney discounts than the average Joe on the street.

I predict Disney will offer late summer/early fall discounts within the next few weeks. I think the dates will be August 18 - September 24. I think they will include value resorts in the free dining promo - quick service for values and basic DDP for mods and deluxe resorts. I predict limited FD rooms at POR and POFQ. I contend that the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA will be excluded from the FD promo. I think POR will sell out first, followed by preferred rooms at Pop and then preferred rooms at All Star Movies.

I offer no guarantee on those FD predictions, that's just my educated response from the numbers and info that I've tracked for the last 9 years.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 03-21-2013 at 08:43 PM.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #32
khaoskat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwrich View Post
Yes, but each would be a separate reservation and all the rules/requirements (minimum days, tickets, etc.) would apply to each reservation. Since you may well need to buy tickets with each reservation, the savings from free dining may dwindle.

Have you considered the family suites at ASM instead of 2 standard value rooms?
I have thought about it, but there is only sleeping room for 3 in the family room (1 double sofa bed and 1 twin chair)...and I have four children.

The older two (or the middle two) are completely able to share a double size bed (if we put their heads at opposite ends), but the other two couldn't really share a twin size sleeper chair (plus with one of them being so young 2'ish, I would be afraid he would roll off the bed)...
khaoskat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #33
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguda

Your posts are ridiculously pretentious. I wonder what your "thousands of blog followers" would think.
What are you talking about? The other poster asked why I thought I had any kind of inside track on predicting when Disney would or would not release certain discounts and I explained that in detail, because simply stating it was part of my job was apparently not a sufficient response and got me a snippy reply about being an "outsider" with no real credible knowledge to share. Why would my blog followers care if I share my job description or experience? Personally, I think your post was ridiculously rude and self righteous.

I come to this board mostly for my love of all things Disney and I also like helping people. Then people come in with the snippy, nasty and holier-than-thou responses and I get sucked in to responding to the cr*p. I must learn to walk away from these baited posts.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 03-22-2013 at 07:17 AM.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #34
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
The late summer/early fall free dining dates were released early last year, March 3. Every other year it has been late March/early April. In 2010 they didn't release the FD dates until May. They should release the FD promo dates in the next few weeks.
This is great news!! Thanks!!
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept., 2015 AS Sports Aug.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #35
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoskat

I have thought about it, but there is only sleeping room for 3 in the family room (1 double sofa bed and 1 twin chair)...and I have four children.

The older two (or the middle two) are completely able to share a double size bed (if we put their heads at opposite ends), but the other two couldn't really share a twin size sleeper chair (plus with one of them being so young 2'ish, I would be afraid he would roll off the bed)...
The ASM family suites have a fold out couch(double), a single sleep chair and sleep ottomon (sp?), so you do have 3 separate sleeping surfaces for 4 children.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #36
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What are you talking about? The other poster asked why I thought I had any kind of inside track on predicting when Disney would or would not release certain discounts and I explained that in detail, because simply stating it was part of my job was apparently not a sufficient response and got me a snippy reply about being an "outsider" with no real credible knowledge to share. Why would my blog followers care if I share my job description or experience? Personally, I think your post was ridiculously rude and self righteous.
The reply was not snippy. When you make statements such as "That's just not going to happen", it would be nice to know where you get your information. Unless you work for Disney and have real insider information, then yes, you are an outside observer and even though your thoughts on the matter are based upon your observations, they are not based on concrete evidence.

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #37
theguda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwrich View Post
The reply was not snippy. When you make statements such as "That's just not going to happen", it would be nice to know where you get your information. Unless you work for Disney and have real insider information, then yes, you are an outside observer and even though your thoughts on the matter are based upon your observations, they are not based on concrete evidence.
When you post comments like...."Do you work in the travel industry? Do you keep detailed records of Disney's annual discounts and yearly estimates of resort and park occupancy rates? Do you receive a pay check for tracking historical discount information for countless travel companies? Do you have thousands of blog followers who count on your discount travel knowledge? Have you saved thousands of people, tens of thousands of dollars by giving them accurate discount information? If so, I guess I don't possess any info that you don't already possess pertaining to historical Disney discounts and when Disney might offer them."....I'm sorry but that does sound completely pretentious. Anyone can find historical discount information by doing a simple Google or Disboard search. It's not like the information you claim to be paid to track isn't easily available elsewhere.

Look...I'm happy you're a big Disney fan and you make some coin with your Disney blog...but anytime a response includes "do you get paid to do this like I do"....frankly, it's rude.
theguda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:50 AM   #38
faindrops27
I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My favorite cruiseline is RCCL. But will be sailing NCL for the first time Breakaway 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
I write a weekly blog for a large travel site. My blog focuses on deep travel and air discounts for families. Free dining is one of the most popular blogs I write about during the year. I write a lot about Disney and other family friendly vacations and how to save the most at those destinations. But I also follow a lot of cruise and air fare trends. The hot topic on our blog this week is NCL's Kid's Sale Free on select fall cruises. FYI, this is a huge money saver! They usually only run this special once per year and announce the eligible fall cruise dates between March and May.
Cool, I saw that but I am leaving the kids at home, for my Breakaway sailing in December. The kiddos get Disney with Free Dining in Sept, I get the Breakaway in December!

But, people please..

Can we drop the semantics here. I believe everyone is getting ruffled in their feathers waiting for free dining to come out, which will. I am pretty sure it will be the dates Disney411 said, so let's just keep it nice..Thanks people, does everyone have most of their ADR's figured out yet? I have 6 out of 7. I am having such a hard time deciding on the last days dinner.

Last edited by faindrops27; 03-23-2013 at 01:02 AM.
faindrops27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #39
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

I, like other posters have closely followed trends for many years, and they're quite predictable. There are alot of folks around here with good insight.

I'm seeing free dining being released for late summer, around August 24th, and ending the last week of September (it could start on the 18th to match the bounceback, but the 24th seems to be where it's leaning). I don't see any indications that values would be excluded. Incidentally, the bounceback offer from last fall didn't have values listed; however, if you called they would let you book them. I am looking at around April 25th for release to Disney Visa holders.

Historic Patterns for fall free dining offers offered to Disney visa holders.

2006 - Booking started April 1
2007 - Booking started April 9
2008 - Booking started April 7
2009 - Booking started March 30
2010 - Booking Started April 29
2011 - Booking Started April 28
2012 - Booking Started March 1
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Last edited by black562; 03-27-2013 at 08:23 PM.
black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #40
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguda
Test
Man, I didn't there was gonna be a test. Lol.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:07 AM   #41
Mickeylivesinseattle
Mickey-Lives-In-Seattle

Past performance does not guarantee future results. I am afraid this will be true with Free Dining in 2013. I wouldn't expect any more Free Dining offers this year based on what Disney has done so far this year. More people are traveling to WDW and the need to offer Free Dining diminishes. If business continues to grow then 2014 will likely be the same. Of course I am just an arm chair observer so I don't know exactly what will happen. And, with an inserted related thought, the value of dining plans has been dropping thru the years anyway.
Mickeylivesinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #42
fbb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
I don't see any indications that values would be excluded.
Danny25 has predicted it. I don't know how much weight you give to that, but the guy has had the inside info for the last few discounts.
fbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #43
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbb View Post

Danny25 has predicted it. I don't know how much weight you give to that, but the guy has had the inside info for the last few discounts.
Many have predicted various things. However, think about it. They've never excluded values from a discount. Even though the bouncebacks didn't show values, people were still able to call and book them. If they did exclude them, their occupancy at the value resorts would drop significantly. They have no reason to see that happening.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #44
fbb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Many have predicted various things. However, think about it. They've never excluded values from a discount. Even though the bouncebacks didn't show values, people were still able to call and book them. If they did exclude them, their occupancy at the value resorts would drop significantly. They have no reason to see that happening.
Yep, I would be extremely surprised if that was the case. (Thus, I was extremely surprised when he predicted it might happen.)
fbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #45
colleenhunter07
Earning My Ears

Confused

I have a question. My vacation dates are September 21st to the 29th. If FD is available up until September 24th, do I pay regular price for the rest of my trip. I'm confused!!! Please Help..
colleenhunter07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: