Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 07:02 AM   #106
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

DH is not gonna like that they have good deals on purses. LOL
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-12, 2014 CR, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:57 AM   #107
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

I just got all caught up, I'm really enjoying your review. I have been thinking about going on the Eastern cruise in 2014 as we have been on the western many times. Youre pictures are amazing, your daughter is adorable too. Oh and by the way I fell in love with your purse, maybe I will have to save up to get one when I go. DH will not be happy, LOL.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 02:08 AM   #108
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

LOVE the purses

Is it too early to write a shopping list for 2014 yet!!

Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #109
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
DH is not gonna like that they have good deals on purses. LOL

he doesn't have to know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
I just got all caught up, I'm really enjoying your review. I have been thinking about going on the Eastern cruise in 2014 as we have been on the western many times. Youre pictures are amazing, your daughter is adorable too. Oh and by the way I fell in love with your purse, maybe I will have to save up to get one when I go. DH will not be happy, LOL.

thank you for the nice compliments!

the louis vuitton purses were considerably less than stateside as well. there was a large speedy bag for the same price as my gucci bag. i was actually kind of stupified when she was telling me prices as they were considerably cheaper than the stores here. i thought she was quoting me the wrong prices! the no sales tax is such a great deal! it's definitely worth saving for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
LOVE the purses

Is it too early to write a shopping list for 2014 yet!!

thanks linda!

and it's never too early!
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #110
threedisprincesses
Mouseketeer

Found your trip report & am LOVING it!!!
We are on the 7 day eastern fantasy May 4th.

Your pictures are amazing, and what a beautiful DD to have to take picture of! I have three girls, and I wish I was better at taking picutres!

I am really enjoying seeing pictures of many things I haven't seen pictures of yet.

Thanks for writing! I'm looking forward to the rest...
Old 03-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #111
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threedisprincesses View Post

Found your trip report & am LOVING it!!!
We are on the 7 day eastern fantasy May 4th.

Your pictures are amazing, and what a beautiful DD to have to take picture of! I have three girls, and I wish I was better at taking picutres!

I am really enjoying seeing pictures of many things I haven't seen pictures of yet.

Thanks for writing! I'm looking forward to the rest...

thank you for the lovely compliments & reading along.

i've taught myself how to photograph. just keep practicing!

i'm going to be updating tonight.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #112
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated 3/24/13

PIRATE NIGHT @ ANIMATORS PALATE!

after returning from our excursion in st. john, we found an invitation for pirate's night & some really cute red bandanas awaiting us on the bed. emme decided she wanted to wear one early.

we all took a much needed nap & shower after our long day. the concierge lounge has such delicious food offerings that change daily that we had a light snack before dinner. we have second seating so this would have held us over until dinner.

and we're ready for pirates night...ARGH!!

pirates night for us would be at animators palate. i was pretty tired at this point & so was emme. it's one of the downs of having second seating but however, i prefer it over first seating. i felt like i would be so rushed to make it to second seating.

mr. o'neil & mr. ninja greeted us promptly & look what was awaiting us at the table:

SAMBAL

and here are some menu excerpts for the night:

we got some warm, yummy bread:

and while we are waiting for our appetizers, emme & i got into the pirate spirit (well, i did more than she did).

ARGH MATEYS!

speaking of appetizers, here is what we ordered:

Caribbean-style Conch Chowder - with sherry, sweet peppers, onions, tomatoes, thyme, and garnished with diced potatoes and crispy bacon bits

this was pretty terrible. it tasted like nacho cheese in soup form. i didn't see any conch or bacon. this was definitely not a winner.

next:

Black Beard's Jumbo Crab Cake - with a golden raisin-carrot and coconut slaw served with a spice Calypso dressing.

the crab cake was a definite upgrade from the conch soup. the slaw was forgettable. there was a nice amount of crab in the crab cake & minimal filler.

lastly:

Pirates Golden "Pot Stickers" - Oriental pork dumplings deep fried and served with a Tamarind-ginger soy sauce and pickled vegetables

i really dislike the word "oriental". however, these dumplings greatly reminded me of the pot stickers at 'ohana. the skin wasn't as crispy but they were pretty good. waaaay better than the terrible conch soup.

tired emme.

tink & hook.

here are the entrees:

Captain Hook's Macadamia Nut-dusted Mahi Mahi - Jasmine rice and sautéed pineapple on a mild curry sauce

this picture isn't the best but it's the only shot of the fish that i got. the fish was awful & inedible. it was definitely frozen & had a terrible smell, texture & taste. the rice was good but after two bites, we threw in the towel on the fish dish. absolutely gross.

up next:

Treasures of the Seas Grilled Shrimp and Seared Scallops - served on strings of pasta and fresh creamy tomato sauce

this was recommended by our server so we ordered it to share. the sauce was not creamy at all. when i think of a creamy tomato sauce, i think of a vodka sauce. it was just regular red sauce. i got suckered into the seared scallops (again) & i was disappointed (again). there is a bright spot to this dish...the grilled shrimp! the shrimp was really good. i enjoyed them. the pasta had potential but it fell flat.

our last entree:

Castaway Chicken Breast - rubbed with Pirate Island Spice, rice and beans, and fried okra on rich spiced glaze

the picture makes this look like some sort of spider but this was the definite winner of the three entrees we ordered. the chicken was moist & i loved the fried okra. i was surprised the okra wasn't slimey...thumbs up from me. maybe 3 times is the charm for entrees?? i was glad we found something we liked.

emme had a meal of rice & mashed potatoes. go figure.

overall, another OK meal at animators palate. i love the ambiance of this place & our severs were extraordinary. disney definitely knows how to theme places up!

on our way back to our room we ran into a few friends:

donald is so dang cute!! donald #1!

goofy is such a ham!

emme is holding Hook's hook. ha ha!

we made a pit stop to our room to grab a jacket as it was windy and headed back out to watch the fireworks. the fireworks were really nice & such a treat but nowhere near the level of wishes.

we had such a LOOOOOOONG but awesome day & the fireworks were a perfect way to end. sleep would be amaaaaaaazing this night.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:47 AM   #113
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Looks like you had a fun Pirates night

I seem to remember the food not being that great on our pirates night as well

Lovely photos with the characters
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #114
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67
Looks like you had a fun Pirates night

I seem to remember the food not being that great on our pirates night as well

Lovely photos with the characters

Thanks Linda!

AP was my least favorite place to eat on the ship.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #115
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

That picture of Emme eating that vanilla ice cream is hilarious. She looks funny but still cute!

Nice Gucci bags!!! I like yours a lot! I need a new bag. My coach is getting too dirty.

That food doesn't look good on pirates night. I wouldn't have liked any of those options.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #116
gloria1016
Earning My Ears

I am absolutely loving your TR! My 3 kids and I will be on the Fantasy, also doing concierge (12512) this coming June 22nd.

Could you have watched the fireworks from your balcony?

Your daughter is just precious! Congratulations on a good job being a single mom! I know how hard it can be.

gloria
Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #117
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
That picture of Emme eating that vanilla ice cream is hilarious. She looks funny but still cute!

Nice Gucci bags!!! I like yours a lot! I need a new bag. My coach is getting too dirty.

That food doesn't look good on pirates night. I wouldn't have liked any of those options.

food in the main dining rooms was pretty underwhelming sometimes. cabanas for lunch was far better (believe it or not!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria1016 View Post
I am absolutely loving your TR! My 3 kids and I will be on the Fantasy, also doing concierge (12512) this coming June 22nd.

Your daughter is just precious! Congratulations on a good job being a single mom! I know how hard it can be.

gloria

congrats on the cruise. you are going to have a blast! enjoy all that concierge offers. i'm going to post pictures of the concierge private sundeck next in this post. concierge is amaaaaaazing! it's well worth the extra money!

i could not see the fireworks from my balcony as it was starboard side. but i was able to see it on the 12th floor. it was nice to just run back into my room afterwards. it was pretty windy that night.

thank you for the comments. being a single mother is so hard but well worth it. it's been a tremendous experience so far!!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #118
BethA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria1016 View Post

gloria
We will be on that cruise too in 12012
BethA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:53 PM   #119
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your trip report! It looks like a fabulous cruise so far!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #120
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears
Really enjoying your trip report! It looks like a fabulous cruise so far!

Thanks for reading along!

It was absolutely fabulous!

Tags
12020, concierge, eastern, fantasy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: