DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #11
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan612 View Post
I must agree-). I would stick w/ this deal as it does have over two years of maint paid points plus seller paid closing costs! If you value all the free points at $12/ point(which is easily the going rate for private renters) and compensate yourself $500 for the closing costs saved you are looking at having paid $38.85/ point and still have all 2014 points intact!
If you read OP's description of the situation, you'll see that almost half of what you call "free points" aren't even there at all.

That's the crux of the problem and you seem to have overlooked it.

We can structure our rationalizations however we want, but MFs technically don't have anything to do with points -- they are the operating cost of the resort for the calendar year. In OP's case, at least 1/3 of 2013 will likely have passed by the time they close. If they paid one penny for any of that time, they'd be getting ripped off. If the MF's are allocated by when the person has the ability to use the resort, it is not as big a "deal" as it sounds (+/-$500 on an $11,000 transaction).

We can also make whatever assumptions we want to make on value. If I "value" the "free points" at $50 per point, OP is getting the contract for nothing. Hypotheticals are fun that way.

As far as the price, even factoring in the seller paying closing, it's no better than most of what I see on the ROFR thread, and higher than many actual reported sales.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: