Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #1141
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

I've been lurking but haven't posted in a long time on this thread. We usually do a split stay between BC/Poly but decided to try the Yacht Club this time since it is a little cheaper. I really love BC and am worried that I made the wrong decision Can you Yacht Club experts reassure me?
Old 03-22-2013, 06:16 AM   #1142
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoo View Post
So excited so exited so excited!!!! As sad as I am that someone else had to cancel or reschedule, I am so excited that the Deluxe CL room opened up and we don't have to do a split stay!!!! 16days!!!!
That's great news! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bltman View Post
Anyone here buy photopass+ in advance? I ordered it and the voucher showed up yesterday indicating that I need to bring it to a photopass center at one of the parks or at downtown Disney. Anyone know if it can also be redeemed at BC Marketplace?
bltman

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort? Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
I told u guys last month how our extended family trip was being postponed as my sister in law just found out she was pregnant & due shortly after our trip. I was so sad & disappointed. Well yesterday my mom told me its probably on hold until spring, I was so bummed last night. So today's my birthday, and my DH said that he wants to go this year hopefully oct/nov/dec time frame! I was so excited he said this. He knew how sad I've been about it, and just the hope on the horizon has just really perked me up! just had to share with a great bunch of people who "get it!"
That's encouraging news. Stalk those fall discounts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicPrincess View Post
Ok, quick and odd question. The last time we were at Disney, we stopped by the Beach Club, and while I thought it was awesome, we could not get past the fishy smell coming from the clambake (I'm assuming thats what it was)... Anyways... Is it always like that? Love the resort, the location...
Give me a million more good reasons to stay there vs GF- which we loved!!! we have 2 kids ages 11 and 7! The pool is so cool!!!
to this thread!

Once in a very rare while this has been mentioned, but I don't think it is a frequent issue because we don't hear this very often. Most of the time when smells are discussed regarding the Beach Club it is the pleasant scent generated in the lobby.

You nailed the two most important reasons for staying at this resort- being 5 minutes from EPCOT and close to HS, and the amazing pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
We will be arriving earlier than DD. We are CL at YC. We will be staying in the same room. Can I leave a message at the desk to give DD her key so that she can go to the room with her luggage or do we have to be there with her? Her name is on the reservation too.

We are AP holders so only thing on the card would be to get into the room.
Don't know- anyone have any thoughts about this? Perhaps you could email IPO and ask them for their suggestions about what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousekatool View Post
Ok, I've been lurking for a bit, but now I'm joining in the fun! We're headed down April 14-21- I'm attending a conference Thursday-Sunday, and we decided to make a week of it. My kids (7 and 4) don't know we are going, and we may not tell them until the day we leave! We stayed at Poly for a week 2 years ago (our first trip), and it was a perfect trip- January, no crowds, great food, loved the resort, etc. So I'm worried I have set myself up for failure this time, lol.

We're staying at YC, and have a Cape May breakfast planned for our first day. I am getting really excited, and I just had to share!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

We have had the concern about how our next trip can possibly be better than our last, but we find that each time we vacation we find new things to enjoy and different types of magic with each trip. With your kids being a couple of years older, they will experience things in new ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyLof428 View Post
I've been lurking but haven't posted in a long time on this thread. We usually do a split stay between BC/Poly but decided to try the Yacht Club this time since it is a little cheaper. I really love BC and am worried that I made the wrong decision Can you Yacht Club experts reassure me?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for April.

BC is my favorite too, but I wouldn't hesitate for a moment staying at the Yacht Club! Same essential location, same management teams, same amenities. Plus you have a guaranteed full balcony.

Hopefully a few of our YC devotees will chime in and share their love of that resort with you.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #1143
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E&BMom View Post
Talked with concierge. They said if your items don't fit they have a safe deposit box downstairs at the front desk or you can check it at bell services and they lock it in their cage. She said they keep track of the items in the cage. Hope this helps.

The concierge had been VERY helpful!!!!! Love them!!!
Thank you very much for the information. I think we'll only bring the smaller stuff like the Kindle and the Nexus tablet. We will leave the iPad and laptop at home.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:23 AM   #1144
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I have been revising the Other Useful Info Post-

I have added a "Do you have any packing tips" section and included links to NinjaMom and Best Aunt's very diverse styles of packing, as well as a couple of my own packing idosyncracies- I mean tips.

I also continue to adjust the "Will it fit (in the safe) post"

I added the great suggestion from E&BMom about using the safe deposit box at the front desk or the Bell Services cage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
and if there's any question about the safes in BCV... that's an ipad and a 13" ultra-portable laptop... using a key rather than an electronic combo (rather annoying).

Thanks again for the pictures. I have revised the info about room safes on the front page. May I include this photo?

BTW- BCV guests- I haven't seen the safes in this configuration before- portrait style rather than landscape. Are all of the BCV safes like this, or do they vary from room to room?

Old 03-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #1145
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post

Disney packages are to be paid in full 45 days before your trip. Your Mickey Mail should arrive about a week after your 45 days....so around 38 days before you leave. I love getting Mickey Mail!

Did you pre-order a Photopass CD? You should have received an email telling you what to do when you get home. All you need to do when you get to WDW is to see any Photopass photographer and they will give you a card. Show that card to each Photopass photographer when you want your picture taken.
Good to know, whew. We are paid in full. So on or about T-38 days I'll watch for the Mickey Mail (YAYAYAYAYAY!!). Thank you! The Photopass was some special that I could get a discounted rate including it in our package. I used it before so I took the plunge and tried it booking along with the package. We'll see. Normally I use AAA to book, but I've become pretty savvy and felt comfortable running the "show" myself. I used a PIN code anyway, so I knew how to price shop etc.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #1146
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma
I have been revising the Other Useful Info Post-

BTW- BCV guests- I haven't seen the safes in this configuration before- portrait style rather than landscape. Are all of the BCV safes like this, or do they vary from room to room?

All the safes we have had at BCV look like this. We have always been able to fit at least 2 iPads with 2 DSIs and wallets. We even have fit our laptops before. Plenty of room.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 03-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #1147
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
All the safes we have had at BCV look like this. We have always been able to fit at least 2 iPads with 2 DSIs and wallets. We even have fit our laptops before. Plenty of room.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #1148
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
We will be arriving earlier than DD. We are CL at YC. We will be staying in the same room. Can I leave a message at the desk to give DD her key so that she can go to the room with her luggage or do we have to be there with her? Her name is on the reservation too.

We are AP holders so only thing on the card would be to get into the room.
Last fall I was staying at BC with a friend who arrived the day before I did. She checked in and had them leave my key at the front desk. When I arrived I just gave them my name and they handed me the key.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 03-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #1149
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

I also continue to adjust the "Will it fit (in the safe) post"
Maybe we can add this to room request.........Large balcony. Large safe. Near the lobby.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #1150
MickeyAgain
Earning My Ears

Mickey mail!!!!

I finally received my Mickey mail at 32 days from check in!!! yeahhhh I do have a question that maybe you can answer.

We are only using ME on our way back home as we will be in Orlando for a few days prior to our check in to BC.. so there are 4 bright green sticker tags and 4 Mickey "name and address" type luggage tags. I am assuming that the bright green tags go on luggage the day of departure but my kids what to use the address tags for the suitcase on the way down. Is there any reason why they can't??? I would think only the neon tags get sorted for ME, right?? Thoughts??

sooo excited!!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #1151
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Maybe we can add this to room request.........Large balcony. Large safe. Near the lobby.
I swear that I had the very same thought as I typed this out earlier!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #1152
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyAgain View Post
I finally received my Mickey mail at 32 days from check in!!! yeahhhh I do have a question that maybe you can answer.

We are only using ME on our way back home as we will be in Orlando for a few days prior to our check in to BC.. so there are 4 bright green sticker tags and 4 Mickey "name and address" type luggage tags. I am assuming that the bright green tags go on luggage the day of departure but my kids what to use the address tags for the suitcase on the way down. Is there any reason why they can't??? I would think only the neon tags get sorted for ME, right?? Thoughts??

sooo excited!!!!
They can use the address tags for the rest of their lives. We use address tags from 2000 for all our trips, no matter where we fly.

You only need the bright green luggage tags if you are using ME for travel from your home to the resort. They don't put them on the luggage for the return flight.

For your return flight home, if you are using an airline that has a luggage contract with WDW, then you can bring your luggage to the baggage check at the resort at least threes hours or more before your flight, and they will check in it for you.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 03-22-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #1153
MickeyAgain
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Yes, your kids can put on the green tags, too.

You only need the bright green luggage tags for travel from your home to the resort. They don't put them on the luggage for the return flight. So if your kids put the tags on the luggage, they will take them off before check in for your return flight.

For your return flight home, if you are using an airline that has a luggage contract with WDW, then you can bring your luggage to the baggage check at the resort at least threes hours or more before your flight, and they will check in it for you.

Thanks for the quick reply.... just so I understand, we are NOT using ME on the way down because we are staying offsite for a few days prior to checking in at BC. Only using ME back to the airport on departure day. So, I don't need the green stickers at all?? Then they sent them to me in error?? Just assuming that I was using it on arrival day too??? The kids want to use the address tags to put on luggage today!! To make it official, your saying that its ok to use those, right?? thanks!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #1154
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyAgain View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.... just so I understand, we are NOT using ME on the way down because we are staying offsite for a few days prior to checking in at BC. Only using ME back to the airport on departure day. So, I don't need the green stickers at all?? Then they sent them to me in error?? Just assuming that I was using it on arrival day too??? The kids want to use the address tags to put on luggage today!! To make it official, your saying that its ok to use those, right?? thanks!!!
I'm sorry that I confused you. I misread your post when I first wrote my answer. Then I went back and edited it. I'm sorry.

No, you don't want to use the green tags at all if you are going from your home to a destination that is not WDW. And you won't need them for the return trip, either. I'm not sure why Disney sends them, but so many people change their reservations, maybe they find it better to play it safe.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 03-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #1155
E&BMom
DIS Veteran

Sorry. Problems with the pic. Will try to fix later.

1972, WDW/Contemporary; 1990, WDW/Offsite; 2000, March/WDW/Caribbean Beach; 2002, Jul/WDW/Caribbean Beach; 2003, Nov/Disney Wonder & WDW/Caribbean Beach; 2004, Nov/WDW/Port Orleans French Quarter;2005, March/Disney Magic, Western; 2005, October/ WDW/Beach Club; 2006, Jun/WDW/POFQ and Disney Magic Eastern;2006,Dec./WDW/POFQ, Christmas; DL/DLH Apr 2007;2008, Jun WDW/POFQ and DCL/WONDER double dip and B2B ; 2008, Nov,WDW/Poly Thanksgiving 2008,Jun 2009 WDW/AKL,Dec 2009 Christmas at WDW/Poly and 2009-2010 NYE DCL Magic, Spring Break at BC 2010, May 2010 GF ,Thanksgiving 2010 POFQ, March 2011 BC CL, May 2011 BWI, DCL Dream Thanksgiving 2011, June 2012 AKL, Nov 2012 BW, March 2013 BC

Last edited by E&BMom; 03-22-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: