Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #1336
Carslover
Earning My Ears
 
Carslover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2

Walk me through this

This is our first ever trip and we are super excited. Taking DD8, DS6, & DS4. If free dining comes out, what will be the process to book? Hoping to stay at POR or AoA, but thinking POR will be better since it is a mod. HoPing to go around Sept 14-21 or so, but are flexible. I am a newbie card holder and just want to be prepared once the offer comes out. Thanks in dance for any advice or suggestions.
Carslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #1337
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carslover View Post
This is our first ever trip and we are super excited. Taking DD8, DS6, & DS4. If free dining comes out, what will be the process to book? Hoping to stay at POR or AoA, but thinking POR will be better since it is a mod. HoPing to go around Sept 14-21 or so, but are flexible. I am a newbie card holder and just want to be prepared once the offer comes out. Thanks in dance for any advice or suggestions.
You just call and ask for the free dining offer. There will also be a code you can give them but they usually know exactly what you're talking about. You'll then get the dining plan added to the package at no charge.
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #1338
geishagirl81
Mouseketeer
 
geishagirl81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 437

We are going September 8th. I booked CSR for our first time ever moderate stay just banking on Free Dining.


You know it is BAD and the pins and needles is driving one crazy when you actually DREAM about Disney releasing Free Dining dates. Yes that is right, I am such an over-planner who is biting my nails over early fall offers that I dreamt TWICE last night that the day FD was released I was on the phone all day with my TA trying to get the discount applied to my ressie. But the lines were so busy with ppl trying to cash in on the offer, that the FD rooms sold out in a day and I missed out.


Yes, I know at this point I need to back away from the FD thread and chill :r otfl2:
__________________


my hubby, the overworked and underappreciated me the crazy homeschool mom my lovable goofball son and my sweet and sassy little Stinkerbell
geishagirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #1339
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdavis238
Hi everyone. I am new to this board and planning my first Disney trip so bear with me. BUT....we are booked for Aug. 18-23 with the dining plan. If the FD comes out for that time, will I be able to apply that to my package even though I have already paid? Thanks for your help!
Yes, you can call and add the free dining code to your existing reservation - call the day they are released and you shouldnt have any problem with availability. If you have already paid in full, they will refund the difference to your credit card. It can take up to 2 billing cycles, or 2 months to receive your refund.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #1340
scrapperjill
DIS Veteran
 
scrapperjill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Washington
Posts: 3,242

Keep in mind if you already have your trip booked and u got a discount of any sort most likely to get free dining you'll have to give up any other discount.
__________________
Official member of the '07 POPper MOJITOooooo Club!





Our Disney Cruise album from 9/11/04http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/albu...album_id=29423



scrapperjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #1341
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,196

I just hope too many people didn't book rooms hoping for free dining. Then Disney decides they are looking good so why bother with a discount. One of these years it's going to happen. If everyone was patient and didn't book at all, they may have already released it from lack of interest for September.
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #1342
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer
 
SlightlyocdDisneyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: California
Posts: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by geishagirl81 View Post
We are going September 8th. I booked CSR for our first time ever moderate stay just banking on Free Dining.


You know it is BAD and the pins and needles is driving one crazy when you actually DREAM about Disney releasing Free Dining dates. Yes that is right, I am such an over-planner who is biting my nails over early fall offers that I dreamt TWICE last night that the day FD was released I was on the phone all day with my TA trying to get the discount applied to my ressie. But the lines were so busy with ppl trying to cash in on the offer, that the FD rooms sold out in a day and I missed out.


Yes, I know at this point I need to back away from the FD thread and chill :r otfl2:
I understand your pain! I actually put my reservation number and the Disney phone number prominently in my phone so I could call and upgrade if a deal happens to come out when I'm away from my home computer.
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #1343
iamadisneynut
Mouseketeer
 
iamadisneynut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 399

I think I have DH convinced we can do a few days at the end of August if they release free dining so now I am stalking this thread! Lol
__________________
DH Me DSD DD DSD DSD DS

iamadisneynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #1344
MacDalt
DIS Veteran
 
MacDalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IN
Posts: 1,075

I haven't even told DH yet. I'm hoping for a trip with DD to celebrate her Sweet 16.
__________________
Me: DH: DS: DD:

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #1345
shdavis238
Earning My Ears
 
shdavis238's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post

Yes, you can call and add the free dining code to your existing reservation - call the day they are released and you shouldnt have any problem with availability. If you have already paid in full, they will refund the difference to your credit card. It can take up to 2 billing cycles, or 2 months to receive your refund.
Thanks so much!
__________________
shdavis238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #1346
mommy3
Disney Dreamin'
 
mommy3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDalt View Post
I haven't even told DH yet. I'm hoping for a trip with DD to celebrate her Sweet 16.
We booked already for end of August, hoping for FD but got 30% off the resort price if we don't, and will be there for our daughter's Sweet 16 as well! I've been looking for clever ideas to surprise her while we are there....still working on that!
__________________
(me)... (DH)... (DD15).... (DD13)..... (DD10)
1975, 1977, 1987 (offsite); Oct. 1993 (CBR); Sept.2000, Dec. 2003, Jan. 2007, Aug. 2009 (POR) Aug. 2013 (POR), upcoming Aug. 2014 GS Trip ..... When do I get to move to Florida????
mommy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #1347
Chabby
Mouseketeer
 
Chabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Panama
Posts: 393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carslover View Post
This is our first ever trip and we are super excited. Taking DD8, DS6, & DS4. If free dining comes out, what will be the process to book? Hoping to stay at POR or AoA, but thinking POR will be better since it is a mod. HoPing to go around Sept 14-21 or so, but are flexible. I am a newbie card holder and just want to be prepared once the offer comes out. Thanks in dance for any advice or suggestions.
I would suggest POR over AoA because in a moderate if you get free dining it would be Regular Dining, instead of Quick Service, which is what you would get in a value. But you can always upgrade it paying the difference in price.
Chabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #1348
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran
 
LSUfan4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mandeville, La
Posts: 3,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
I just hope too many people didn't book rooms hoping for free dining. Then Disney decides they are looking good so why bother with a discount. One of these years it's going to happen. If everyone was patient and didn't book at all, they may have already released it from lack of interest for September.
You can't expect people to risk losing their preferences because Disney might or might not release a discount. It's not being patient, but being prudent.

If you want something specific, you have to take measures to ensure you can get what you want. Some resorts have lower availability than others, especially when making special requests. For some, free dining is the #1 priority, but for others, it isn't and the difference in priorities on vacation will always differ among different families.
__________________
LSUfan4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #1349
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post

You can't expect people to risk losing their preferences because Disney might or might not release a discount. It's not being patient, but being prudent.

If you want something specific, you have to take measures to ensure you can get what you want. Some resorts have lower availability than others, especially when making special requests. For some, free dining is the #1 priority, but for others, it isn't and the difference in priorities on vacation will always differ among different families.
But if you're booking with plans to keep it only if they offer free dining then you could shoot yourself in the foot. And just because you booked a resort doesn't mean you'll get free dining if its released. You could easily call and find no availability.

Now if your plan is to go either way, then more power to you and by all means book. I'm only speaking of those who will cancel if no free dining is offered.
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #1350
csnorrisms
Earning My Ears
 
csnorrisms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: South Mississippi
Posts: 11

We are also heading out during the first week of September we have made our ADR's but we haven't booked our room yet keeping fingers crossed for free dining and a room at CBR.
__________________
csnorrisms is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: