Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #2056
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby 46 View Post
My family will be at Pop for the first time in 17 days!! We are all soooo excited! We haven't been to Disney in 4 years, so we hope to see everything we want in those 8 days!!!! Can't wait!!
Eight days is a good length of time to enjoy WDW. I always say, however, that it's okay to miss stuff because you'll be back. Have a great time at Pop and the rest of the World!

Need to plan a trip!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:53 AM   #2057
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcarolinamoma View Post
Sooooo excited! just booked this morning a surprise early celebration trip for myself and DD. she will turn 18 tomorrow. she and i are going to disney in april to celebrate her birthday and high school graduation.

we have never stayed at pop before! cant wait!

she is gonna flip!
Belated Happy Birthday to your DD ... first day of Spring too! Hope you enjoy POP and Disney as you celebrate 2 milestones on your mother/daughtet trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorethegreat View Post
We are going in April as well to celebrate my son's upcoming graduation!
More celebrations! Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
Hi I'm sorry if this has been posted already but does anyone have a suggestion on room request for a standard room. I want to try to get something close to food court and busses. Thanks so much!
As PhoenixStrength posted, bldg 5 is a great location...we are partial to the 60s and have stayed in both bdgs and always are happy with our rooms...this area is so close to everything. (and to the bridge to AoA).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby 46 View Post
My family will be at Pop for the first time in 17 days!! We are all soooo excited! We haven't been to Disney in 4 years, so we hope to see everything we want in those 8 days!!!! Can't wait!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Eight days is a good length of time to enjoy WDW. I always say, however, that it's okay to miss stuff because you'll be back. Have a great time at Pop and the rest of the World!
Ditto on what Sandi posted!!

Enjoy POP and your trip overall....and don't forget to look thru your welcome packet... lots of good stuff (including bounceback info...you know, for booking a return trip ) ... 4 years is a long time between visits.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #2058
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Ditto on what Sandi posted!!

Enjoy POP and your trip overall....and don't forget to look thru your welcome packet... lots of good stuff (including bounceback info...you know, for booking a return trip ) ... 4 years is a long time between visits.
Hey Janet, I think you and I believe that 4 months is too long between trips! Four weeks might be pushing it.

Need to plan a trip!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #2059
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey Janet, I think you and I believe that 4 months is too long between trips! Four weeks might be pushing it.
And monthly trips to the World?? completely doable, right? We just need to leave our jobs...oh, problem then no $$ to take to Disney...always a catch somewhere...

Guess for now I have to be content to look at your F&G pix..was thinking about a spring trip and then you gave me a sneak peek with your pix and I was like, so want to do this spring!!...well there is always August!! So you need to tweak your dates a bit so we can meet up......I don't ask for much do I?

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 03-21-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #2060
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

I'm at POP right now and was talking to a couple of my friends here in mgt and occupancy is really low right now...not even 50%!! The food court has been dead, truly! Even at the busiest times of the day, there aren't many people there! AoA is swamped! Our bus was dispatched once in the afternoon to go over there to help alleviate the overcrowding at their bus stop. It's actually been quite nice! And even with next week being Easter, they aren't at 100% like normal...right now they are only in the 80% range. Great news for those staying here next week, at least as of now...
Old 03-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #2061
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
I'm at POP right now and was talking to a couple of my friends here in mgt and occupancy is really low right now...not even 50%!! The food court has been dead, truly! Even at the busiest times of the day, there aren't many people there! AoA is swamped! Our bus was dispatched once in the afternoon to go over there to help alleviate the overcrowding at their bus stop. It's actually been quite nice! And even with next week being Easter, they aren't at 100% like normal...right now they are only in the 80% range. Great news for those staying here next week, at least as of now...
Enjoy the peace and serenity now Stitchlovestink! Have a feeling it may be the calm before the storm, and by the start of next week, those occupancy numbers will go up. Hope you have been able to spend some time with DD.

TY Kook!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #2062
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B

Enjoy the peace and serenity now Stitchlovestink! Have a feeling it may be the calm before the storm, and by the start of next week, those occupancy numbers will go up. Hope you have been able to spend some time with DD.
But what's interesting is other hotels are completely booked right now. Since this is considered the second week of spring break here, this is statistically very odd for them!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #2063
Jacoby 46
Run Disney in November!

Thanks everyone!! I wish I could afford to go to Disney more often, but maybe someday...lol I hope it isn't overly crowded when we are there, I like to be more relaxed with not a ton of people rushing here and there.

Anyway, can't wait...have everything planned and kids are excited!! Hurry up!!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #2064
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Building 5, lake view is standard and right by Classic Hall. That's where I was in December and it took me maybe 2 minutes top to get from my room to Classic Hall for everything.
Currently booked for preferred for our July trip but wondering about switching to standard. It's just DD9 & I this trip. As a family we have stayed at ASMu, CBR & CSR. Our first stay was at ASMu in the Broadway section. Close to the piano pool but was a little bit of a hike at the end of the day to the food court & buses. We've since gotten spoiled with great locations at both CBR & CSR (close to food court, main pool & quiet pool--perfect locations!) So, decided to book preferred for our first stay at POP. I've looked (and looked, and looked...) at the map. We could save $120 to drop the preferred upcharge. My question is: is it really "worth" it to pay for preferred? If we are put in the furthest building (which looks to be parking lot "views" in the 50's, 80's or 90's) how long of a walk is it to the food court/buses? I know I can add a couple of requests to my reservation. I also know I can ask for a room change at check in if I don't care for where we're assigned, but I'd rather not get in that position. Also, we prefer ground floor rooms but wondering about the noise from above. Don't expect silence, but also don't want to feel like our upstairs neighbors are coming thru the ceiling!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #2065
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl

Currently booked for preferred for our July trip but wondering about switching to standard. It's just DD9 & I this trip. As a family we have stayed at ASMu, CBR & CSR. Our first stay was at ASMu in the Broadway section. Close to the piano pool but was a little bit of a hike at the end of the day to the food court & buses. We've since gotten spoiled with great locations at both CBR & CSR (close to food court, main pool & quiet pool--perfect locations!) So, decided to book preferred for our first stay at POP. I've looked (and looked, and looked...) at the map. We could save $120 to drop the preferred upcharge. My question is: is it really "worth" it to pay for preferred? If we are put in the furthest building (which looks to be parking lot "views" in the 50's, 80's or 90's) how long of a walk is it to the food court/buses? I know I can add a couple of requests to my reservation. I also know I can ask for a room change at check in if I don't care for where we're assigned, but I'd rather not get in that position. Also, we prefer ground floor rooms but wondering about the noise from above. Don't expect silence, but also don't want to feel like our upstairs neighbors are coming thru the ceiling!
I have stayed at POP 3 times and always standard. The farthest building is still only about a 7 minute walk at a slow pace, and most are 3-4 minutes. I don't think paying preferred is worth it, but that's me.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 03-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #2066
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post

I have stayed at POP 3 times and always standard. The farthest building is still only about a 7 minute walk at a slow pace, and most are 3-4 minutes. I don't think paying preferred is worth it, but that's me.
I agree. We've stayed at Pop about 6 times and always a standard view. I love to get a lake view room on the first floor. Quiet and I don't mind a 5-7 minute walk. Save the money for a nice dinner and souvenirs.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Need to plan a trip!
Old 03-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #2067
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

Quote:
I agree. We've stayed at Pop about 6 times and always a standard view. I love to get a lake view room on the first floor. Quiet and I don't mind a 5-7 minute walk. Save the money for a nice dinner and souvenirs.

This sounds perfect! Do you request "first floor/lake view" or have you just gotten lucky? Do you request a specific building? Where have your rooms been?

I know I should limit my request so as to not make it impossible to fulfill, but ideally what I would like is: close to busses (or is there a better way to word this? food court? main building?, etc.) first floor, lake view (+ I think I like the looks of the 50's section.) Yes--I know this is too many requests, but what is the best way to word it on my reservation without going overboard.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #2068
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

We are going in May and booked a standard room, too. I would like to be close to bus/food court/etc but since we need 2 rooms (family of 5), the difference for 6 nights was almost $250

We put our requests as follows (in this order):

Building 3 or 1. Or 60's.
Ground Floor
Connecting

I figure the building location is more important than the ground floor, although I prefer ground floor, too, for a variety of reasons. The connecting part I hope will be done anyway because we have 3 young children, but even if we don't get it, it is the least of my concerns. DH can bunk with the little boy while the girls and I are in the other room and it matters not.

Hope you get what you want!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #2069
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl View Post
This sounds perfect! Do you request "first floor/lake view" or have you just gotten lucky? Do you request a specific building? Where have your rooms been?

I know I should limit my request so as to not make it impossible to fulfill, but ideally what I would like is: close to busses (or is there a better way to word this? food court? main building?, etc.) first floor, lake view (+ I think I like the looks of the 50's section.) Yes--I know this is too many requests, but what is the best way to word it on my reservation without going overboard.
I would call and add your requests to your reservation now, in the order of importance. There are no limits to how many you can add when you call, the limit is 2 for online check-in but you can add as many as you want if you call and add them. Just make sure you put them in the order of importance, and know that the more requests the fewer rooms that will meet it so less likely of getting them. I usually do 3 requests and the last two times I have gotten all 3 requests, but that is not normal.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 03-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #2070
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl View Post

Phoenix responded, too, and I agree. Lately I've just requested lake view and ground floor. We've been pleased lake view, but I wouldn't consider much of lake view to be close to food and transportation. You'll have to prioritize and call to make your requests.

Need to plan a trip!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: