Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
LOLA2
TINK
I never heard of not taking shells from a beach before!

For those who have done hhn and mnsshp in california

This year we wanted to try halloween horror nights in LA. Since we would go out there we thought we might as well try out our DVC at Grand Californian
try MNSSHP and see the new carsland. I can't fathom though not doing HHN orlando so we are thinking of flying to Orlando for 3 nights on the end of california trip to do that. It would be just my luck not to do Orlando HHN and it end up being an awesome year.

So has anyone tried this, going to both in one year.

What can I expect at HHN Califonira I have never been, is it worth it to try once? We have been to universal there about 7 years ago but not HHN.

I hear the MNSSHP is a zoo compared to the one in Orlando - any thoughts about this if you have been and is it worth it to do?

Also in the past we have always had kids nite out come and watch our kid who will now be going on 12 but hates scary things. Kids nite out or something simmilar in Anaheim?

Hotel suggestions near Universal? We will stay here for 2 nights pre DVC.
LOLA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

I'm going to move this thread to a more appropriate section...which would be the California & the West.

You should get more responses.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
LOLA2
TINK
I never heard of not taking shells from a beach before!

Nobody?
LOLA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
LizzieinDisney
Mouseketeer

Hello!
I can try to give you my two cents, but to preface, I have never been to MNSSHP in WDW, only in DCA, and that was three years ago. However, we did go to the event two years in a row and loved it! I would have gone again, but sadly, moved away from DL. As far as I know, it is pretty similar to WDW. The fireworks show is awesome. There were hardly any waits for anything and we got a ton of candy. Characters were out and about in their costumes, and they had longer lines than any of the rides. Haunted Mansion Holiday is just fun to do, but that is also open during a regular Disney day. Overall, I thought the party was a blast and I really enjoyed it. However, I think if I was coming from out of town, I would rather just go to Disney for the day and forego the party. Like I said, this was three years ago before they moved it from DCA to DL, and I have never been to the one in WDW. Take it for what it's worth, but I did enjoy it. Hope you enjoy your trip!
I am a Disney fanatic. I am a long-time Disneyland Annual Passholder and now a WDW Cast Member. Follow my blog, www.lizzieindisney.blogspot.com for tips, tricks, and dining reviews. And follow me on Twitter @lizzieindisney or Facebook, facebook.com/lizzieindisney

My Dining Review Thread:Living in Disney means Food! My Fine Dining Adventure
LizzieinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #5
Plaid Princess
Recovering CM, Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLA2 View Post
What can I expect at HHN Califonira I have never been, is it worth it to try once? We have been to universal there about 7 years ago but not HHN.
HHN here is pretty similar to FL, in my experience the houses have a lot more detail and better performers (a side affect of having lots of off duty movie/TV crews)... although the park is smaller, so there's usually few houses.

Quote:
I hear the MNSSHP is a zoo compared to the one in Orlando - any thoughts about this if you have been and is it worth it to do?
It is quite crowded compared to MNSSHP.
There are also a few noticable differences:
  • There are fewer "treat stations", but each one hands out more treats than their FL counterparts. So you end up with a lot of loot.
  • CA has a great selection of healthy treats, fresh apple slices, apple chips, baby carrots, etc. Yum!
  • The fireworks are Fantastic, much better than FL.
  • The parade is still being developed, and is pretty short.
  • Look for special editions of rides, like Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy!

Quote:
Also in the past we have always had kids night out come and watch our kid who will now be going on 12 but hates scary things. Kids night out or something simmilar in Anaheim?
I don't have kids myself, but friends have used the service recommended by the Disney hotels without issue. GCH also has a kids club.

Quote:
Hotel suggestions near Universal? We will stay here for 2 nights pre DVC.
Sorry, being local we always just drive up for the day.

Plaid Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: