Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #16
deanimal
DIS Veteran

As a lifetime Vancouver resident, I always aim for late July-mid August to do anything outdoorsy in the Northwest region. June can be really awful and we've had quite a few years with really miserable Junes lately. It's such a disappointment to be gradually getting warmer in May, then to settle back into week after week of cool, 12-15 degree (Celsius) days with unrelenting rain. I can only imagine that if its too cold to go outside in Vancouver, it's a lot worse as you go north.

That being said, I've been on two Alaskan cruises and the one in late May was quite pleasant, while the one we booked for mid August to get the best possible weather was freezing and rainy. We have a picture of our nine month old riding around Ketchikan in August in her snowsuit!
deanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #17
Doodles811
Dreaming...One port at a time

We went on the August 27, 2012 cruise and the weather was spectacular!! We had 65-70 degrees each and every day. We did have a balcony cabin and I wouldn't have changed it for the world. Loved sitting out there while sailing Tracey Arm Fjord. Didn't have to worry about anyone while taking pictures although I did hear that deck 4 was almost empty. I guess everyone wanted to be out in the sunshine. Secret deck 7 had a few people on it and Mickey & Minnie were there too! Loved it so much that I booked it again for this year.
October 2013 - Disney Dream to Bahamas
August 2013 - Carnival Miracle to Alaska
August 2012 - Disney Wonder to Alaska
September 2011 - Disney Dream to Bahamas
July 2010 - Carnival Legend to Caribbean
August 2009 - Disney Wonder to Bahamas
Doodles811 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #18
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presley View Post
I went June 2013 and it was cold. I wanted to go early in the season because I wanted to see more snow/ice. It was absolutely gorgeous.

I've read that late July/August is better for seeing stuff like bears. I did see bears in June, though. There just weren't any bear specific tours during June.

You'll love it either way. We ended up getting Ocean View instead of a Verandah so we would have more money for excursions. It was the right choice for us. There was plenty of room for deck viewing. Also, drinking coffee at Cove cafe had a great view. We saw whales when we were just sitting there drinking our coffee.
Did you have a time machine?

What will the weather be like June 16, 2014?

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder(Hawaii), Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic, June 14 Wonder(Alaska) 36 NOB
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #19
CatandMouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
Did you look at the Aug 18th sailing? We picked that one because it was less then the June 16th. I think the price was still the same last I checked. So maybe look into it if you decide you would like August more then June.
I didn't look at that one because my son starts back at school on the 26th. So it would be home and then start school the next day. But maybe I'll look into it for the price and the better weather (and the salmon and bears )

Thanks for the responses everyone. I am really getting excited about this cruise!
CatandMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #20
ceparedes
Earning My Ears

Definitely June. I live in Alaska. It rains like crazy in August.. and it's cold rain....
ceparedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #21
CatandMouse
Earning My Ears

We decided on the June 16th sailing. And I was able to book a "Secret Porthole" stateroom so we will have a view but also save $$.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!
CatandMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #22
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatandMouse View Post
I didn't look at that one because my son starts back at school on the 26th. So it would be home and then start school the next day. But maybe I'll look into it for the price and the better weather (and the salmon and bears )

Thanks for the responses everyone. I am really getting excited about this cruise!
Ohh.. That's hard. Our kids don't start until after Labor Day so I guess we kind of lucked out. I wouldn't want to come back the day before school...too much to do!

I am glad you got a secret porthole room on the June 16th! That is great. I think you will have an amazing trip. I am sure the weather isn't that different from June to Aug. Sounds like you can get rain on either side of the trip and varying degrees of temperatures. You will have to report back about how it went.

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #23
Lobofan5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
Ohh.. That's hard. Our kids don't start until after Labor Day so I guess we kind of lucked out. I wouldn't want to come back the day before school...too much to do!

I am glad you got a secret porthole room on the June 16th! That is great. I think you will have an amazing trip. I am sure the weather isn't that different from June to Aug. Sounds like you can get rain on either side of the trip and varying degrees of temperatures. You will have to report back about how it went.

We are going Aug 25th '14. Both my kids will be missing, at the minimum, the first week of school to do this. Call me a terrible parent, but they are older, and missing the first week of school wont kill them...
Lobofan5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: