Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #11
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwrich

That's cool, but you are writing from an outside observer's perspective, and wouldn't have any insider (Disney) information that the rest of us could not possibly have also, correct?
Do you work in the travel industry? Do you keep detailed records of Disney's annual discounts and yearly estimates of resort and park occupancy rates? Do you receive a pay check for tracking historical discount information for countless travel companies? Do you have thousands of blog followers who count on your discount travel knowledge? Have you saved thousands of people, tens of thousands of dollars by giving them accurate discount information? If so, I guess I don't possess any info that you don't already possess pertaining to historical Disney discounts and when Disney might offer them.

Also, I don't consider myself an outsider. I worked as a travel agent for years and made contacts in all aspects of the travel industry, including Disney. I had a great friend who worked for Disney Marketing for years, but unfortunately left a few years ago to work for the NY tourism board. Now that I write this weekly blog for a large travel site, I have made many more contacts - you never know who you will meet at industry events and the info they will share. I get a paycheck for tracking, logging and reporting these type of discounts. I certainly don't have a crystal ball seeing into the future Disney discounts, but i've got a pretty good track record for reading this company, through the records I keep. I certainly am not saying my info is could never be wrong, but I've got a pretty good track record and have more knowledge of Disney and Disney discounts than the average Joe on the street.

I predict Disney will offer late summer/early fall discounts within the next few weeks. I think the dates will be August 18 - September 24. I think they will include value resorts in the free dining promo - quick service for values and basic DDP for mods and deluxe resorts. I predict limited FD rooms at POR and POFQ. I contend that the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA will be excluded from the FD promo. I think POR will sell out first, followed by preferred rooms at Pop and then preferred rooms at All Star Movies.

I offer no guarantee on those FD predictions, that's just my educated response from the numbers and info that I've tracked for the last 9 years.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 03-21-2013 at 09:43 PM.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: