Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

Combine OBC for 2 Staterooms?

I was wondering if I can combine the account and OBC for 2 staterooms. Both staterooms accounts will be charged to the same cc. Is this possible?

Essentially, one stateroom will only have gratuities charged to it and this would mean that not all OBC for the room will be used. However, my stateroom will have definitely go beyond the OBC for my stateroom. So, will they combine the accounts so any credits not used for one stateroom can go towards the charges of the other? If so, how do I set this up? Do I call ahead of time or speak to someone at Guest Services or is this automatic when both staterooms are linked and charged to one cc?

Hope that makes sense. It does in my head , but not sure if I explained it properly.

I did try to search, but I only found one pertaining to this issue and, honestly, it wasn't really answered.

Any suggestions and info would be appreciated.
dvcdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcdisney View Post
I was wondering if I can combine the account and OBC for 2 staterooms. Both staterooms accounts will be charged to the same cc. Is this possible?

Essentially, one stateroom will only have gratuities charged to it and this would mean that not all OBC for the room will be used. However, my stateroom will have definitely go beyond the OBC for my stateroom. So, will they combine the accounts so any credits not used for one stateroom can go towards the charges of the other? If so, how do I set this up? Do I call ahead of time or speak to someone at Guest Services or is this automatic when both staterooms are linked and charged to one cc?

Hope that makes sense. It does in my head , but not sure if I explained it properly.

I did try to search, but I only found one pertaining to this issue and, honestly, it wasn't really answered.

Any suggestions and info would be appreciated.
Honestly not sure....but can't you just use the KTTW card for the other stateroom to use up the OBC? I would definitely speak to someone onboard and not before hand.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Honestly not sure....but can't you just use the KTTW card for the other stateroom to use up the OBC? I would definitely speak to someone onboard and not before hand.

MJ
I would rather not, since I have no intention of giving them charging privileges.

But even if I did add it to my son, he would need to be with me when I charge the items and he's not one for shopping.

However...Is it possible for me to get a KTTW with charging privileges under my name for the other stateroom?

I thought I read somewhere that DCL combined the accounts (although each purchase was itemized to the specific guest) since the cc on file was the same for both staterooms. Unfortunately, I can't find the info anymore.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

I would think you can use those funds for tips. You can go to guest services and increase the amount of SUGGESTED tips from that stateroom and reduce the SUGGESTED from your stateroom. Extremely workable. Guest services will assist. Especially if your stateroom host is the same! Do this solution, it will work!

Total: 21 DCL Cruises / Total Nights on Board: 117 / Favorite Ship: Magic

2014 - 3 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

MAGIC - 6, WONDER - 5, DREAM - 7, FANTASY - 3

Last edited by Justacruiser; 03-21-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #5
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Did you get the OBC from a travel agent? When we went we had three staterooms, but wanted the whole OBC for all three credited to one room and my travel agent arranged that. The OBC from Disney for each stateroom was only $25 so we just left those on the individual rooms, so I'm not sure how it would work for a Disney OBC. You can give them the same CC for charging for both staterooms though, we did this at Guest Services when we arrived.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #6
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcdisney View Post
I would rather not, since I have no intention of giving them charging privileges.

But even if I did add it to my son, he would need to be with me when I charge the items and he's not one for shopping.

However...Is it possible for me to get a KTTW with charging privileges under my name for the other stateroom?

I thought I read somewhere that DCL combined the accounts (although each purchase was itemized to the specific guest) since the cc on file was the same for both staterooms. Unfortunately, I can't find the info anymore.
Don't think so but you can get a blank card for just opening the door to their stateroom but that would mean you would be carrying his real KTTW to charge things and he would be walking around with a blank card. Not sure how that would work with the clubs and such.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #7
neg58
DIS Veteran

Are the kids going on any excursions? If so, even if you charge them on your card, they will show up on their bills.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
clten
DIS Veteran

We have had two staterooms both w/OBB credits. Since everything will be put on the same charge card, you will get the benefit of both credits regardless of who charges. When we travel with my parents, we cover all their expenses so they don't use their KTTW card for anything. The itemized bill may show individuals with a negative balance but that credit does come off the bottom line (So if my itemized bill was $500-my$200 OBB credit and my Mom's was $100-her $200 OOB credit, the bottom line would be a $200 charge to my credit card - $600 total charges - $400 in credits.) If you want to double check, just look at your account statement before the last day. It'll tell you want is pending to charge to your card. If it isn't the right amount, you can get it fixed.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #9
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justacruiser View Post
I would think you can use those funds for tips. You can go to guest services and increase the amount of SUGGESTED tips from that stateroom and reduce the SUGGESTED from your stateroom. Extremely workable. Guest services will assist. Especially if your stateroom host is the same! Do this solution, it will work!
I think that would work! Thanks so much!

If I can't move the other staterooms account to mine, then I'll definitely do it this way.

I'll just run the numbers and figure out which gratuity I would need to "move over" to the other stateroom.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #10
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me View Post
Did you get the OBC from a travel agent? When we went we had three staterooms, but wanted the whole OBC for all three credited to one room and my travel agent arranged that. The OBC from Disney for each stateroom was only $25 so we just left those on the individual rooms, so I'm not sure how it would work for a Disney OBC. You can give them the same CC for charging for both staterooms though, we did this at Guest Services when we arrived.
The OBC is from DCL (when I booked on board). So the only ones I can contact is DCL. I will email them and see if they can do that. If not, I'll go ahead with the pp advise to lessen the gratuity in my stateroom and increase it on the other.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #11
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
Are the kids going on any excursions? If so, even if you charge them on your card, they will show up on their bills.

Nancy
That would work also, but we've decided not to do any excursions this time around since we've been to these places several times, we may just wander around the shops for a bit and go back to the ship early. Thanks.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #12
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Don't think so but you can get a blank card for just opening the door to their stateroom but that would mean you would be carrying his real KTTW to charge things and he would be walking around with a blank card. Not sure how that would work with the clubs and such.

MJ
Thanks. I forgot about that. This would be the first time he can go to the Vibe.

That's not going to work.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #13
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clten View Post
We have had two staterooms both w/OBB credits. Since everything will be put on the same charge card, you will get the benefit of both credits regardless of who charges. When we travel with my parents, we cover all their expenses so they don't use their KTTW card for anything. The itemized bill may show individuals with a negative balance but that credit does come off the bottom line (So if my itemized bill was $500-my$200 OBB credit and my Mom's was $100-her $200 OOB credit, the bottom line would be a $200 charge to my credit card - $600 total charges - $400 in credits.) If you want to double check, just look at your account statement before the last day. It'll tell you want is pending to charge to your card. If it isn't the right amount, you can get it fixed.
If I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like I will have one statement at the end with both staterooms charges and credits on it. Do they do that automatically or do you need to request this at Guest Services?

Or does it mean that we will each get a statement and mine will have a balance owing (to be paid by the cc) and the other will have a credit? So my credit card wil be charged my balance and then I will see a credit on my cc for their credit?

Sorry, I hope this wasn't confusing. But I would like to know how it worked for you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: