DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

So do you think I should contact Mem. Satis. again?

I went on my diatribe a couple of weeks ago because I was so annoyed at the fact that I could not find a hot tub at Aulani that was not totally filled with children. Fast forward to this week when I discovered a medical issue I have been dealing with since we returned from Hawaii was a strep infection that I managed to get ******lly. VERY rare for this to happen, and the doctor immediately asked if I had used a hot tub where there might have been children also using it. Ummm YES!!! I am wondering if any of you think I should again talk to Member Satisfaction about this? Would you? The MS person who called me back a couple weeks ago very much agreed with me about needing at least one hot tub that was for adults only, and she said she was going to bring it up at their next director's meeting. This was totally unexpected, since I NEVER get these kinds of infections, but I'm less than happy about this right now.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Not sure what the word was that got bleeped out but it couldn't hurt. I might also be inclined to contact the management at the resort directly. It might be something that they should be made aware of?!

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #3
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

You bet. Contact them!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Definitely let them know but not sure what they can do about it. Unless they put a CM at the hot tubs 24/7, you are not going to convince some adults this is a bad idea for others using it or the kids.

Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by Sammie; 03-21-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
wdwfan1
DIS Veteran

I figured out what is blacked out. Sorry this happened to you. I would definitely let them know. Get well soon.

wdwfan1

I have been boo'd by wisbucky!
wdwfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Ugh and yes, please inform Member Satisfaction. Wishing you healing!
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
goofydad99
It's goofydad's wife

Yes, I would call. Ouch to your infection!

I'm someone who still does not understand why children need to be in a hot tub????
Old 03-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #8
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Absolutely.

Add us to the list of those who would love an adults only hot tub.

Hope you feel better soon

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #9
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
I went on my diatribe a couple of weeks ago because I was so annoyed at the fact that I could not find a hot tub at Aulani that was not totally filled with children. Fast forward to this week when I discovered a medical issue I have been dealing with since we returned from Hawaii was a strep infection that I managed to get ******lly. VERY rare for this to happen, and the doctor immediately asked if I had used a hot tub where there might have been children also using it. Ummm YES!!! I am wondering if any of you think I should again talk to Member Satisfaction about this? Would you? The MS person who called me back a couple weeks ago very much agreed with me about needing at least one hot tub that was for adults only, and she said she was going to bring it up at their next director's meeting. This was totally unexpected, since I NEVER get these kinds of infections, but I'm less than happy about this right now.
I think MS should know so that they realize that there's a good reason beyond just "don't want to share with the kids" to have an adults only hot tub.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #10
MoreTravels
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 View Post
Absolutely.

Add us to the list of those who would love an adults only hot tub.

Hope you feel better soon
They are available in Hedo in Jamaica or Desires in Mexico. Google them. They should not have adult only events in Disney resorts in my opinion.
MoreTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #11
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

It is worse on the ships. There were kids young kids in the hot tub with no supervision. We have always had kids in the hot tub no matter what resort we have been too. Some more they an others.
CruznLexi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #12
dnkmmw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreTravels View Post
They are available in Hedo in Jamaica or Desires in Mexico. Google them. They should not have adult only events in Disney resorts in my opinion.
Are you also against Victoria and Alberts and all the tours that have minimum age requirements?

Dawn
dnkmmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #13
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

OMG, Yes!! you are suffering as a result of a large group of people's negligance. So sorry you are having to deal with this.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #14
andersonsc
Mouseketeer

Why do you think the strep infection came from children. Adults can get, and pass, strep also, can't they?

My kids love hot tubs. They get cold in most pools and like sitting with me in hot tubs. I think the key work may be "sit" with me. I also know hot tubs aren't healthy for young kids, especially for long times if the water is too hot. I don't allow them to be playing in a hot tub. I do understand kids are not always welcome and there should be some adult only hot tubs. I'm surprised there aren't some with signs that say this. But then, most people won't pay attention to the signs, will they!
andersonsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #15
MoreTravels
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnkmmw View Post
Are you also against Victoria and Alberts and all the tours that have minimum age requirements?

Dawn
I recently walked through a Disney DVC resort with my child after the outdoor movie, finding a couple making out in the corner of hot tub. The woman's head was barely above water next to a guy. They were surprised to see us because it was late... I did not how to explain that to my child.

Disney resort should be a family friendly, rated G, place to relax. I do not agree with adult-only hot tubs.
MoreTravels is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: