Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #151
ammeador2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~LOL. It is dumb, isn't it?

~Omg... ammeador2, this post is fabulous in every way! I couldn't have written this any better & I couldn't agree more! Your post espouses sound logic and eloquently defines the altruistic vision encompassed by Avatar! It's so beautifully expressed, thoughtful, intelligent, strong -- I'll just stop here. You've made my late night morning with this fabulous post! And, you're just in time for the real fun to begin -- it's going to be so awesome to watch all of the pieces finally come together for Avatarland!
Thanks =)
Old 03-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #152
bom_noite
DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 3rd Place

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3059996

Say no more!
bom_noite is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #153
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Yep a Disney board which makes up .0000001 of them parks fans doesnt like the idea even though they have no idea what will be in the land

Silly argument
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #154
WMorganS
Flapping My Ears

Oz! Ideas evolve, and IMO this is a no brainier. The potential for Oz theming far exceeds Avatar, and I'm sure there's a lot of people considering whether that's the direction to take this new park.

They two ideas actually have a lot in common, but Oz has WAY more potential.

Last edited by WMorganS; 03-03-2013 at 09:46 PM.
WMorganS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #155
johnnycake
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorganS
Oz! Ideas evolve, and IMO this is a no brainier. The potential for Oz theming far exceeds Avatar, and I'm sure there's a lot of people considering whether that's the direction to take this new park.

Oz themed land would be great. MGM grand in las vegas was built with theme idea OZ. That turned out nice
johnnycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #156
johnnycake
Earning My Ears

Just got back from a nice vacation in FL. I was visiting a good friend of mine saying avatar land will have 3 attractions. One will be a thrill ride like kind of like soarin. He said think of the moving stage with seats they use at KA inside of mgm grand and a 3D theatear. Others will be a boat ride and a interactive area. Anyone else have any thoughts
johnnycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #157
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycake View Post
Just got back from a nice vacation in FL. I was visiting a good friend of mine saying avatar land will have 3 attractions. One will be a thrill ride like kind of like soarin. He said think of the moving stage with seats they use at KA inside of mgm grand and a 3D theatear. Others will be a boat ride and a interactive area. Anyone else have any thoughts
The Soarin and boat rides were shown in the leaked plans from a few months ago, and I have also heard rumors of the interactive area. I have also heard rumors of the area being cut back to just one ride.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #158
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorganS View Post

i too agree oz would be cool but i will say this.... there was an oz land at japans universal studios.... but it was closed down to make way for HP....looked cool youtube oz land universal
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
Old 03-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #159
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
was your friend like a CM or just a theme park fan?
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
Old 03-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #160
WMorganS
Flapping My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebber55 View Post

i too agree oz would be cool but i will say this.... there was an oz land at japans universal studios.... but it was closed down to make way for HP....looked cool youtube oz land universal
Ah, I forgot that the Oz books are in the public domain. And I can see the legal appeal of Avatar, being almost completely original.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #161
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:

~Too late! I have already claimed OZ for Epcot's Future World. OMG... the Emerald City, Yellow Brick Road, Ruby Slippers and think about the shows that could compliment OZ! Something like Wicked would be fabulous!!! Disney put the OZ garden in Epcot to let me know, they loved my idea! They're working on it.

~In addition to Avatarland, Disney should explore a land themed around Merlin, the greatest wizard of all!!! Not to mention, the dragons!

Quote:
This sounds about right! We know about the 3D Soarin' ride and the boat ride, but the third attraction is a mystery.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #162
WMorganS
Flapping My Ears

Quote:

~In addition to Avatarland, Disney should explore a land themed around Merlin, the greatest wizard of all!!! Not to mention, the dragons!
Hey, wait a minute... Cheater!! You can't suggest that! That's what they originally had planned for AK!
Old 03-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #163
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Hey, wait a minute... Cheater!! You can't suggest that! That's what they originally had planned for AK!
~Wow, Mr. Morgan.... I would never think of doing such a thing. I am a *good* bad girl! Honestly, I was not aware of any plans to incorporate Merlin the Wizard into AK. All I can say to that is great minds.... LOL.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #164
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
This sounds about right! We know about the 3D Soarin' ride and the boat ride, but the third attraction is a mystery.
Was it here that I heard about Disney developing a sensor that they could put in the soil under a live plant that will " know" which part of the plant is being touched? Somewhere I heard this. They will produce music and lighting effects ...I'll have to search...
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #165
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Here it is..

http://www.slashgear.com/disney-crea...ants-10242513/
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: