Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #2941
kmermaid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
Sorry I stand corrected on this answer.

I'm still having a senior moment because I still can't remember where the hot tub is at the BW Villas quiet pool.
Yes I'm trying to figure out if there is a hot tub at BWV quiet pool (where community hall is). I don't think there is one.
Thanks WDWKOOK for the pic - that is the quiet pool at BWI right?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #2942
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
If your DH wants to sleep in find our group of ladies at BWV & hang with us! We're ages 41-63 and all met here on the DIS in the last 10 years. We've been going to WDW together 1-3x a year since 2009! We have a former CM in the group as well, and a parent of a current MK CM, so we know the ropes LOL!! We're up & out pretty early to the parks - you're welcome to join us! We did leave the 24th free as a pool day - but I know me - I will want to squeez every dime out of my AP so I'll have to get a park in that morning!
Sounds like fun!

Will PM you if he sleeps in too late for me.
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #2943
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
We might need to start an 'only' thread
I love that idea!!

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjDvh5vxhh8
Old 03-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #2944
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmermaid View Post
Yes I'm trying to figure out if there is a hot tub at BWV quiet pool (where community hall is). I don't think there is one.
Thanks WDWKOOK for the pic - that is the quiet pool at BWI right?
There is a hot spa at the quiet pool for the Villa side. Here is a link to a photo I found: http://allears.net/acc/bw41.jpg

The photo WDWKOOK posted was of the BWI quiet pool. It is so beautiful and quiet over there.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #2945
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Quote:
If your DH wants to sleep in find our group of ladies at BWV & hang with us! We're ages 41-63 and all met here on the DIS in the last 10 years. We've been going to WDW together 1-3x a year since 2009! We have a former CM in the group as well, and a parent of a current MK CM, so we know the ropes LOL!! We're up & out pretty early to the parks - you're welcome to join us! We did leave the 24th free as a pool day - but I know me - I will want to squeez every dime out of my AP so I'll have to get a park in that morning!

So jealous, those are the best trips! Have fun!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #2946
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Our 1st trip without kids since our Honeymoon 1989.

1st stay at the BWI.

1st CL stay anywhere else besides the Poly.

1st time flying to WDW (we always drive) since our Honeymoon.

DH is so busy with tax season that he hardly has time to talk about our plans but is very excited!
You will have such a good time. We went alone for our 25th anniversaty in 2009.

Like you, the Polynesian was like our home untill I stayed at BW with a friend last year.
Brought the family in January for their 1st BW trip and they loved it also. So I have to say we moved. Still love the Polynesian CL lounge, but BW was was great too!

Last edited by MUFFYCAT; 03-22-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #2947
bltman
Earning My Ears

Recently switched from staying at the Swan to staying at BWI (Standard View). Online check-in gives me the option of requesting what floor I would prefer to be on. Any floor better than any other? I presume for a standard view it probably does not make much of a difference. Thoughts?
Old 03-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #2948
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bltman View Post
Recently switched from staying at the Swan to staying at BWI (Standard View). Online check-in gives me the option of requesting what floor I would prefer to be on. Any floor better than any other? I presume for a standard view it probably does not make much of a difference. Thoughts?
Well this is what we do as far as requests for a floor. I always prefer the higher floors and never want a 1st floor so we just make note of that on our reservation.

Of course it's just a request and not guaranteed but we usually get top floor or 2nd to the top.

Not sure if I answered your question though.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 03-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #2949
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
We had a standard view when we were there earlier this month. Based on recommendations from this thread, we requested highest floor; 5th floor. We had a wonderful room on the 5th floor overlooking the garden. At night, we had an excellent view of Illuminations. I loved that room. On the 5th floor, you never have that long of a walk to the elevators. There is no 5th floor for most of the BWI building. While we were there for 5 nights, we rarely saw other people on the floor and rarely had anyone else on the elevator with us -- never all the way to the 5th floor. Also, while I'm sure they move CMs around for housekeeping, that floor was always **** and span and our room was always well cared for.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #2950
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
There is a hot spa at the quiet pool for the Villa side. Here is a link to a photo I found: http://allears.net/acc/bw41.jpg

The photo WDWKOOK posted was of the BWI quiet pool. It is so beautiful and quiet over there.
Thank you for finding the other photo I couldn't find

Quote:
Congratulations on switching to BWI. A Standard BWI View can be a Garden and/or Epcot View which is what I would request. Online Check-in has only pre-set prompts, but that doesn't mean you can't have a Garden and/or Epcot request placed in your reservation. As long as it's in there at least 3-5 days prior to arrival, the room assignor should see your request. OCI limits what you can request, but doesn't negate any requests already in your reservation. So if you do request a Garden/Epcot view, you might want to also request a high floor so you have a potentially better view of Illuminations
Old 03-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #2951
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFFYCAT View Post

You will have such a good time. We went alone for our 25th anniversaty in 2009.

Like you, the Polynesian was like our home untill I stayed at BW with a friend last year.
Brought the family in January for their 1st BW trip and they loved it also. So I have to say we moved. Still the Polynesian CL lounge, but BW was was great too!
So glad to hear this! I still get a little sad about not staying there but hopefully we will love it too.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #2952
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

From MousePlanet and I heard this on DIS Unplugged 3/19:

Walt Disney World annual passholders can now trade in their paper cards for plastic cards equipped with RFID chips to allow entry through the new turnstile-free gates. Passholders can make the exchange at the Odyssey in Epcot anytime before May 20, and as a bonus there are some props on exhibit there while you wait your turn. Premier passholders still need to wait for more information before exchanging passes.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #2953
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
From MousePlanet and I heard this on DIS Unplugged 3/19:

Walt Disney World annual passholders can now trade in their paper cards for plastic cards equipped with RFID chips to allow entry through the new turnstile-free gates. Passholders can make the exchange at the Odyssey in Epcot anytime before May 20, and as a bonus there are some props on exhibit there while you wait your turn. Premier passholders still need to wait for more information before exchanging passes.
"props on exhibit".....interesting! My AP expires TOMORROW (a sad event, I know). I have 30 days to renew, and I'll be back 4/21 so I will just make it. HOWEVER, I think I'm just going to buy a new one & not renew, since the start date would revert back to 3/22. It will cost me $40 more but I also gain 30 days in extension for next year. If that makes sense to anyone. BUT I want to see the props - so maybe I wil get in line with my current expiring paper AP, acting like I'm renewing....then change my mind when it's my turn. If they send me to Guest Relations oh well, then at least I saw the props.

WAIT A MINUTE!! This won't work, I can't get into Epcot with an expired AP!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 03-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #2954
WDWKOOK

Quote:
"props on exhibit".....interesting! My AP expires TOMORROW (a sad event, I know). I have 30 days to renew, and I'll be back 4/21 so I will just make it. HOWEVER, I think I'm just going to buy a new one & not renew, since the start date would revert back to 3/22. It will cost me $40 more but I also gain 30 days in extension for next year. If that makes sense to anyone. BUT I want to see the props - so maybe I wil get in line with my current expiring paper AP, acting like I'm renewing....then change my mind when it's my turn. If they send me to Guest Relations oh well, then at least I saw the props.

WAIT A MINUTE!! This won't work, I can't get into Epcot with an expired AP!
It's easy doing it at the IG since it's rarely busy, then you can get your TIW, too if it's expired. We like exchanging our military AP vouchers and getting TIW there.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #2955
Disney-Kim

Always planning our next trip !!

if we do online check in do we still get to check in with a person? so I can be sure I am happy with the location of the room?

last time we did online checkin was 2009 I think....we still checked in with someone...it seems more automated now

just wanted to ask

~ WDW Boardwalk Inn May 13 ~Disneyland GCH Sept 12 ~ Disneyland GCH Nov 2011 ~ CBR May 2010 ~Polynesian Sept 09 ~ POR May09 ~ VWL May08 ~ Polynesian May07 ~ BCV May06 ~ VWL May05 ~ VWL May04 ~ BWV May 03~ Yacht Club Concierge Sept 02 ~ Polynesian Concierge for our Honeymoon May 02 ~ Beach Club 09/01 ~ CSR, POR, POFQ, and CBR on our previous trips back to 1992~
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: