Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

All booked for my solo trip! Advice?

Well, I've booked it! 21 days at All Star Sports- 4th September - 25th September! The dining plan set me back a LOT, but I eat loads, and I need it. I'll also have my disney tattoo done too! Chip n Dale on my wrist :D

So, what tips do you solo travellers have for my first time? I know I've got MONTHS to go yet, but I'm sooo excited! I'm going to start making some character meal ADRs but I plan to mainly walk up and ask if they have room for 1. Is that wise, or should I book? I'll be having one table service per day- mostly dinners. I'm a little worried about dining alone... But I'm sure I'll be okay...

What would you say are your 5 golden tips for going solo to WDW?

Currently at Disney World! All Star Sports, 9/4 - 9/25
bxccah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
jvptravels
Mouseketeer

I always recommend the Premium Plan. It's a bit more expensive, but you get lots of extras, like the tours. I did this on my solo trip last year. I took 5 tours, parasailed twice, used sea racers, jet ski'd,saw Lanouba and ate very well. All in 7 days. If you have the means, I feel this is a must do.
jvptravels is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
boreas154
DisDads #728

Since you're going solo, don't sweat trying to over-plan. Maybe make an ADR or two, but otherwise just focus on doing what you want to do when you want to do it. Oh, and have fun!
boreas154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
Velvetring
Earning My Ears

Lucky you, enjoy it!

I really like the idea for the tattoo - are they gonna be on separate wrists, so that they meet once you put the wrists together, or you want to have them both on the same wrist? I hope to see a photo!
Velvetring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #5
catra121
DIS Veteran

VERY cool! September is the BEST! It's my favorite time to go and I am SO jealous of your 21 days.

I personally would make some reservations but probably not for EVERY day since you will be there for so long. Well...truth be told I WOULD make reservations for every day because I actually prefer having a schedule so that when I am there I can just relax...but for MOST people I would say make reservations for your favorites and for things you REALLY want to try and let the rest just work itself out. I can't imagine anything more frustrating than being hungry and going from place to place and being told they have no availability. That said...it could be an adventure to just call and make reservations the morning of on the days where you didn't plan anything special. Could be a cool way to try new things.

What dining plan did you get? The regular one? I would at least have an idea in my head about how I plan to use those credits so you don't have extras left over. I love the dining plan...so go you!

What sort of tickets do you have? AP? If so...I would totally look into how you can best take advantage of the discounts you can get with that.

I don't really have any advice other than to have a blast and not to be self conscious about being solo. It's really going to be an amazing trip!

Stayed at: AOA Lion King Suite, Bonnet Creek , POP Century, Coronado Springs Resort, Port Orleans Riverside, and The Dolphin (when I was really young)

Next Stay: Caribbean Beach Resort September 2014
catra121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: